• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Robbin' Hoods [0.4.2] [madmate.games]

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
Wait wait wait. There is no time limit and you definitely should be able to save after you leave the apartment. Could you please elaborate this for a bit, because what you are describing is a game breaking bug and that's a big problem.
So here's a bug for ya (I think). In free roam when you hover around the top left corner your "invisible" inventory appears. Selecting an item will teleport you to a different location or room within the apartment or sometimes right out the door where you will then meet your sister (hope I wasn't drunk or somethin'..) :unsure:

Love the game BTW. Appreciate you're doing something different to the usual / norm. I like the writing style, story, plot etc and for once, the engrish dialogue is pretty decent too.

Last edited:

Ghostredneck

May 26, 2020
Incest..............Tying now...! Ok Completed what is available.. I Found the Sister adorable, The MC an moron with little control of the narrative and didn't really care for anyone else..
Will try again after a few more updates.

Last edited:

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
I'm enjoying this so far, looking forward to seeing how it develops. Sarah is best girl.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Wait wait wait. There is no time limit and you definitely should be able to save after you leave the apartment. Could you please elaborate this for a bit, because what you are describing is a game breaking bug and that's a big problem.
So here's a bug for ya (I think). In free roam when you hover around the top left corner your "invisible" inventory appears. Selecting an item will teleport you to a different location or room within the apartment or sometimes right out the door where you will then meet your sister (hope I wasn't drunk or somethin'..) :unsure:

Love the game BTW. Appreciate you're doing something different to the usual / norm. I like the writing style, story, plot etc and for once, the engrish dialogue is pretty decent too.
Hey madmate.games Hopefully these quotes work. But I do recall what L0MBR0 said, was in fact happening. So It's normal to not be able to save during the investigation I assume? And then yeah, I was clicking on the inventory and teleporting. Eventually I got booted out. But yeah what he and I experienced seem to be one and the same.

EDIT: This inventory problem was only happening upstairs where the switches hiding the USB are. Because I've clicked on the inventory downstairs and used the lock picks just fine with no issue, no teleportation.

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
So here's a bug for ya (I think). In free roam when you hover around the top left corner your "invisible" inventory appears.

the engrish dialogue is pretty decent too.
Well, for one the inventory shouldn't be invisible :LOL: Must have fucked it up while fiddling with it somewhere along the way.
Doesn't matter. The whole thing is hanging on a shoelaces and is just an assortment of "if I wanted to implement something like this, what would be the laziest way to do it", I'll rewrite it properly for next release.

Do you mean when people talk with different accents, or do you mean the dialogue overall is passable? Because if there are grammar/style errors where they shouldn't be I'd like to fix them :)

Our pal Cenc created this little gem for me...
Thank you for promoting the game and thank Cenc for making that sig. Means quite a lot!

Anyone else waiting for more Becca content????
Power couple in the making ;)
I absolutely hate giving out information, but I have to after that little tribute... Let's just say you have something to look forward to in the next release.

And then yeah, I was clicking on the inventory and teleporting. Eventually I got booted out. But yeah what he and I experienced seem to be one and the same.
Yeah, as I said before, I probably fucked up some code while fiddling. The important thing is that there are no obstacles that prevent the game to finish. The rest will be fixed by next release.

Reactions: Boogie and Dyhart

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Thank you for promoting the game and thank Cenc for making that sig. Means quite a lot!
popped the link for this on my disocrd and bragged how good it was..buncha my members popped on and downloaded it..one said they gonna support it..this game deserves to be known..it's as good as any other game yet is sadly overlooked.
click my dicord link madmate.games and come on in and chat with all your new ans :p

mokawu

Dec 15, 2019
The game is pretty good so far but it just have some tiny teensie bit that keep bugging me from the start . The so called Robbin Hoods must be pretty good if they manage to made a whole mess out of that city right ? So then anyone can tell me how tf they forget to pick up MC phone in that alley when that 100% sure will lead there enemies to them ? They not even bother to come back and look for it . It kind of kill the game for me cuz someone who supposed to be good made that kind of beginner mistake for the sake of plot :((

Jul 13, 2018
Ok, here's some feedback since you asked for it.

-I had to stop at the free roam part since after clicking on stuff for 20min and reloading a couple times, I got nowhere. Maybe it is due to playing the Android version but I could not get past it for the life of me and to be honest at that point I was pretty annoyed that I had to waste my time on "fun" game mechanics like that.

-Humor is always a matter of perspective, but the breaking of the 4th wall felt self indulgent and detrimental to the flow of the game. I hated it.

-I am a huge fan of story driven games, but you need to avoid being wordy for the sake of it. You give us a lot of exposition that is basically pointless. You can't build characters by them doing small talk, you build them by action and emotion. You could cut 50% of the text and would have a better, more concise game.

I still liked it well enough and was interested where it'd go, but given I could not advance past free roam, that's where it ends for me, I guess.

Good luck to you.

Feb 9, 2019
will we be forced to play through the female protagonist/lesbian scenes? the art and scenes from the previews look very good and pique my interest considering the setting, the characters look very real and not just cliches. But that 'female protag' element puts me off.

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
Ecco la traduzione italiana di "Robbin' Hoods" "versione "0.3.2"
Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" e "fatta da un fan".

Il link è:

*la Patch è già inserita

E se questa traduzione vi piace, non dimenticate di mettere un Like, sempre ben accetto!

Here is the Italian translation of "Robbin' Hoods" "version "0.3.2"
This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan".

*Patch is already inserted

The link is:

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
click my dicord link madmate.games and come on in and chat with all your new ans :p
Thanks! Will do.
The so called Robbin Hoods must be pretty good if they manage to made a whole mess out of that city right ?

They not even bother to come back and look for it .
It's not what they do that irks the powers that be, but to whom they do it to. They aren't that experienced at all, as referenced by some dialogue uttered by Malady and Anna when discussing Isabella and when Malady is pushing for recruiting new blood.

Correct me if I'm wrong, it seems like you started playing when version 0.2 was released. It had a rewrite of a script that has been retconned for an earlier version (the whole phone danger discussion). If that is not the case that means I failed to fix up some references to that dialogue somewhere -.-

Maybe it is due to playing the Android version

-I am a huge fan of story driven games, but you need to avoid being wordy for the sake of it. You give us a lot of exposition that is basically pointless. You can't build characters by them doing small talk, you build them by action and emotion. You could cut 50% of the text and would have a better, more concise game.
Could be something doesn't work with Android version. I've never played the game on a phone, so I can't help you much if that's the case. The solution is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm concerned that you had such an issue with this segment. Every time a player visits the closet, if they've already went through all the drawers they should get a hint from MC that there must be something else hiding there. Did you go through all the drawers? If so, did you get that hint? If so, do you think you needed more help?

The second part I had to quote in full, because I'm not sure I understand it completely.
Forgive me if I'm jumping the gun, but I believe you are referring to the long exposition segment between MC, Sarah, Anna and Malady with the following topics: what the gang knows about the statue, Sarah's talk with Diana, Diana's past and finally burglary plan. If that is the case, which part of it is small talk and/or which part of it was pointless?
If that is not the case, could you give me some examples of pointless exposition, small talk or any other kind of dialogue that doesn't fit? Because cutting down dialogue by 50% means there's quite a bit wrong with it... I think if I did that, I'd have to put up a seizure warning because the scenes would change so fast it would all look like a light show.

will we be forced to play through the female protagonist/lesbian scenes?
I was thinking for a while to remove the choices for the female protagonist for the people who share your reservations, but in the end decided against it because I think it's more of a knee jerk reaction and takes away a lot from the story.
As for sex scenes, for any coupling that involves MCs there will be a clear path that players must willingly follow to get the goodies. As for any other scenes, I'll add trigger warnings so those who are offended by them can skip through.

Here is the Italian translation of "Robbin' Hoods" "version "0.3.2"
Thanks for that mate!

Jul 13, 2018
Could be something doesn't work with Android version. I've never played the game on a phone, so I can't help you much if that's the case.
Thanks. I just tried that. I do get the tip once I go through all the drawers that there is "something" else. And I can progress via the light switch. Problem is that the light switch is extremely close to the button with which you change rooms. On a phone screen you need to be very precise to hit the switch instead. Not sure if the problem is similar on a PC.

But fair enough, it worked. I was able to progress, but to be honest the light switch seems a bit arbitrary, no?

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
Played through the current content and have to say I loved this. Great renders, likeable characters - although if Malady tries forcing herself onto Sarah, I`ll get pissed no doubt. The story has plenty going on to hook you in and add much more content. I will defo keep my eye on this gem, needs more support too. Great job.

Last edited:

Gamesstar

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2019
I saw bdsm in planed content.. is that means only female dominating female or female dominating male included too ? :)

Showii

Mar 2, 2020
As soon as the android version is available again I'll download this game it looks sooo freakin good

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes