sneksy

Jan 10, 2022
So, I might have found a soultion for the stuck after day 2 error and softlocks, and what I did was:
1. I downloaded the older version of the game (1.58)
2. I copied the contents of the folder with older version to the folder with the newer one
3. I skipped all the files that were already in the newer version folder

as I write this, I played for more or less an hour, and haven't encounter anymore softlocks and bugs
You sir are a genius, apparently the 1.7 download is missing 1 file and if you add it from the 1.58 version it seems to work fine, give yourself a beer, you earned it.

Op should update and fix the download.

klopson44

Jan 13, 2023
So, I might have found a soultion for the stuck after day 2 error and softlocks, and what I did was:
2. I copied the contents of the folder with older version to the folder with the newer one

as I write this, I played for more or less an hour, and haven't encounter anymore softlocks and bugs
damn youre good ty

Reactions: NiikoOwO

will_990

Donor
May 21, 2018

Thanks for the info, NiikoOwO.
As far as I can tell it's the file "steam_api64.dll" in folder "Robolife2_Data\Plugins\x86_64" which likely causes the problem; in v1.7 it's far smaller (probably a fail-cracked version, no wonder then that it doesn't show up in the devs logs)?
After replacing it with the file from v1.58 and launching the game again (be sure to not accept any firewall opening) I could do things again on day 2...

Reactions: mmd225

Jackmack1

Dec 26, 2023
Can someone put the fixed file? I cant seem to fix it with the old file because of some issue with extracting it

Sep 23, 2021
waited a week to make sure, since most of the problems with v1.58 was late game, while the problem with v1.7 was early game.

were you guy able to reach ending fine?

tomhhh

Jun 11, 2023
guys i'm stuck here on mission nightclub the door it say door lock but i don see my skill has it or can find the key~ is it bug? or i need to update new patch?
there is a event space to the bottom that plays a message about some androids tearing apart another one if you go there a few time it will turn into a battle and you can get the key right after

azaharin

Mar 28, 2019
I keep getting soft locked at the start of the game. It doesn't give me the option to choose who to work for and I'm unable to do anything.

opopi123

Aug 1, 2022
so it seems the missing file from 1.58 to 1.7 is the unityplayer.dll adding it to your 1.7 folder should fix the softlock and clicking issues.

Reactions: mmd225
Apr 29, 2023
Anyone else having problems with crazy amounts of lag after doing the full 1.58 copy method to fix the Day 2 freezing problem? I like the game, but having to frequently restart to fix the lag issue is quickly making it nearly unplayable.

rougeherring

Jul 8, 2020
Anyone else having problems with crazy amounts of lag after doing the full 1.58 copy method to fix the Day 2 freezing problem? I like the game, but having to frequently restart to fix the lag issue is quickly making it nearly unplayable.
Did you get the softlock cleared? I tried the fix, but clicked yes on the connection request out of reflex. I think that's what's blocking me, I don't know where the permission is stored.

Apr 29, 2023
Did you get the softlock cleared? I tried the fix, but clicked yes on the connection request out of reflex. I think that's what's blocking me, I don't know where the permission is stored.
Yeah, the softlock cleared ok, the copying added 21 or 22 files. But now it gets insane lag whenever there's an animation cutscene, and the only way to restore speed is to save, quit, and reload, which gets old quick.

ADD: And even that doesn't always work. Sometimes I have to restart the game 2 or 3 times before the lag clears.

rougeherring

Jul 8, 2020
I'm dumbtarded. Despite several attempts along with trying to clean out any system files it left, I can't get past the softlock. Would someone be kind enough to upload a version that works for them? And also what setting do you choose when it asks for network access? I've been hitting cancel. Thanks.

0-Z

Apr 9, 2023
So I'm having an issue that whenever I enter combat the game crashes, anyone know a fix?

lexwatson

Aug 11, 2017

worked for me! thanks

Oct 19, 2017
So I'm having an issue that whenever I enter combat the game crashes, anyone know a fix?
Yeh, it is the Assembly-CSharp.dll which is used for cheats. You can still use it, boost up your stats, save the game, replace Assembly with original one and then you are good.

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes