• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.20 star(s) 14 Votes

Cawwot

Jun 23, 2018
What an old game, how is it not complete yet? And exactly how many scenes are there and does he ever improve artwork (which doesn't need to be if he hasn't it's already great)

johndoe1545

Resident Head-Patters
Donor
May 5, 2017
:BootyTime: Didn't realize some character appearance is only limited to certain version, anyway, I have linked the post with MEGA folder to OP.

Reactions: AzurePetals

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
So you have tutorials for everything, except your first actual fight against pirates (the one part of the game that actually needs a rundown before you engage with it) and your controls for the combat section are T and Y to fight?
When the rest of the game uses WASD to move and the mouse to click stuff?

That's awful.
Put your attack commands on the mouse. Don't put them dead-centre in the middle of the keyboard.

Askhar

Feb 14, 2018
So you have tutorials for everything, except your first actual fight against pirates (the one part of the game that actually needs a rundown before you engage with it) and your controls for the combat section are T and Y to fight?
When the rest of the game uses WASD to move and the mouse to click stuff?

That's awful.
Put your attack commands on the mouse. Don't put them dead-centre in the middle of the keyboard.
Actually you can use the mouse on the space shooter, even the tutorial explains that, you should've tried just clicking the skills buttons before posting things like this.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Actually you can use the mouse on the space shooter, even the tutorial explains that, you should've tried just clicking the skills buttons before posting things like this.
Actually, there is no tutorial for the the ship-combat, the game just throws you right into it. After repeatedly and irritatingly pausing the game to tutorialize basic things like moving and your questlog, even.
Also, the mouse does nothing in this minigame.
You should have tried playing the game before posting something like this.

No, snide remarks aside, even if you could click on the icons on the right panel of the screen (the ones that look like informational prompts, rather than buttons that you are intended to press) that would still be a sub-par control method.
It would require you to move your mouse up and down on the right-panel of the screen while handling the actual gameplay on another section of the screen entirely.

"Manually click buttons on a victual keyboard" works well enough for turn based stuff, but for something fast-paced like a bullet-hell shooter, it's not really a good idea, because it's hard to keep track of your mouse and your ship at the same time.

No, when I said 'mouse controls' I was talking about using the left mouse button to shoot, and the right mouse button for your alt-fire. Possibly steering your ship by moving the mouse too.

Alternatively, WASD to steer, space to fire and C to alt-fire.
F,R,V,Q and E would also be acceptable keys that are easy to press with your left hand while steering your ship with WASD.
T and Y feel completely counter-intuitive because they're far enough away from WASD that you can't press them with your left hand, but still on the left/centre of the keyboard, where it's akward to press them with your right-hand.

Think about hand-placement.
Do you want the whole game controllable with one hand? Put them near wasd.
Do you want the player to have left hand on wasd and right hand on mouse? Like when navigating on foot? Put shoot on LMB and RMB.
Do you want both hands on the keyboard for this section? WASD on left and pick something on the right hand side of the keyboard for 'shoot' and 'other-shoot' Something like J or K or L.

Last edited:

pj13

Apr 22, 2018
Seems to be an issue with the game. The game doesn't start when you doubleclick on it.

Reactions: Jarul

qq2580869313

Feb 23, 2021
I found the problem~everyone check the version of the game
game version is wrong I saw the version is 3.0 It must have been the author himself who uploaded it wrong

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
OK, so not just me that is having trouble getting the game to start. Good to know the botch isn't just on my end.

Reactions: str8up
4.20 star(s) 14 Votes