Mod Abandoned Rogue-Like Chonky Mod [v0.3] [Ron Chon]

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
Not anymore:

MedericToday
So Ron's decided to leave the server after the said he "won't be as active anymore". I am a bit hurt since I personally feel I was the one who was always supportive of him, doing bug reports, and giving him the means to keep developing his work with private channels here, etc. Now that he's done that, I can safely say he's not as welcome on this server as before. His mod's github is here: in case someone wants to continue what he was doing before he went full "I'm gonna do my own renpy game and pay artists and work alone" thing. The latest june build is still in
info. @ChonkyMod role will be renamed and I invite their members to step forward and give their opinion on the matter, that will decide the role's fate.

Prometheus51

Sep 25, 2018
Not anymore:

MedericToday
So Ron's decided to leave the server after the said he "won't be as active anymore". I am a bit hurt since I personally feel I was the one who was always supportive of him, doing bug reports, and giving him the means to keep developing his work with private channels here, etc. Now that he's done that, I can safely say he's not as welcome on this server as before. His mod's github is here: in case someone wants to continue what he was doing before he went full "I'm gonna do my own renpy game and pay artists and work alone" thing. The latest june build is still in
info. @ChonkyMod role will be renamed and I invite their members to step forward and give their opinion on the matter, that will decide the role's fate.
Goddamnit. So he just went and left? So ChonkyMod (or whatever that new version was) is probably dead?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghostload

Prometheus51

Sep 25, 2018
It'd be very disappointing for this new version of the game to be abandoned. I really enjoy the art for it. And it would be nice to have another good X-Men parody game (even if it still the skeleton of Rogue-Like).

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
Finally read the most of shit storm on Discord, so here's what I understood and what Ron Chon said:

Looks like he got frustrated with the constant criticism (and attacks) in discord and some other site and left the discord. So Project Redacted seems like actively being worked on by Ron and paid artists, but no more accepting any help from public (discord).

Ron ChonToday
I'm changing things up so that I can focus on developing Project [Redacted] in peace. I started working on Chonky Mod because it was fun. I decided to turn Chonky Mod into its own game because it was fun. I'm paying for new art because I like that art. unfortunately, being part of this server is no longer fun, and that in turn has negatively affected my progress on the game. so I don't plan on being active here anymore, and I will instead continue work on the game in private all my links are still public. as thanks to anyone who is a patron, I'll respond to messages on Patreon and use it to notify people of updated builds. if you don't have a link or think that it has changed, just ask a patron to share it

mp82rw

Jan 26, 2020
Finally read the most of shit storm on Discord, so here's what I understood and what Ron Chon said:

Looks like he got frustrated with the constant criticism (and attacks) in discord and some other site and left the discord. So Project Redacted seems like actively being worked on by Ron and paid artists, but no more accepting any help from public (discord).

Ron ChonToday
I'm changing things up so that I can focus on developing Project [Redacted] in peace. I started working on Chonky Mod because it was fun. I decided to turn Chonky Mod into its own game because it was fun. I'm paying for new art because I like that art. unfortunately, being part of this server is no longer fun, and that in turn has negatively affected my progress on the game. so I don't plan on being active here anymore, and I will instead continue work on the game in private all my links are still public. as thanks to anyone who is a patron, I'll respond to messages on Patreon and use it to notify people of updated builds. if you don't have a link or think that it has changed, just ask a patron to share it
Thanks for the info and insight.

Do you know of any dedicated page/forum for Ron's Project Redacted? Or any way to follow his progress at all aside from patreon?

red1988

Apr 18, 2021
ok what happen beause some people dont like his art ist ridiculous here really and i dont understand this people and ron dont let this people destory you here

Reactions: Ghostload

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
I do not trust overly big discord severs as expected, it gets out of hand. It happens everywhere on the internet. Mob mentality. Awful, awful places around. In the meantime while we wait, I'm gonna do something fun for the weekend, and so should you guys. Don't always stay on threads as much as we pray for a good game.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
Thanks for the info and insight.

Do you know of any dedicated page/forum for Ron's Project Redacted? Or any way to follow his progress at all aside from patreon?
Unfortunately I'm not aware of any other sources other than his "github" link in my previous post.

Reactions: mp82rw

vaaf

Jul 22, 2018
Hope to see progress. So what I gathered that this is still being worked on and not fully discarded?

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
Hope to see progress. So what I gathered that this is still being worked on and not fully discarded?
The sense i get is that the "mod" is now going to be a separate game going forward. No future mod updates. there will be future game progress, though the main guy will no longer interact with discord or comments due to some fuckery.

EvilGenius97

Mar 18, 2020
Alright, I am (more than likely) being a complete moron here, but is Project Redacted a stand-alone game, or one of the plethora of mods that needs to be dropped into a preexisting Rogue Lite game?

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes