Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

namelessone22

Oct 4, 2018
Erm - Would anyone mind helping me out - at least a version number I can search for? - Pls?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys - I've been gone a long while (last version of R-L-E I played was 1 or 2 after Laura was introduced).

I just read that they've re-worked this Mod.
So I wanted to know what the last (Best?) version of the Mod (BEFORE they re-started from scratch) is & what version of the game do I need for it?

<And would someone be able to post links or put it on MEGA or something? --PLEASE-->

*I can't use the search function as I have no idea which version numbers I'm looking for*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just want the version numbers of the Mod & the main game from BEFORE the mod/game was remade from scratch (current one).
(And links if you've got them)
Pls

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Erm - Would anyone mind helping me out - at least a version number I can search for? - Pls?
What do you mean? What are you searching for? This mod uses its own base version. How to make this work is under the Installation spoiler.

pythia23

Aug 2, 2017
so i'm using the latest mod version and patch, and it's all going well. I am wondering though:

What do all the different plan types (omega, kappa, psi, mu?) do, and can you only do one of them?

Also, I might have encountered a bug. After initially meeting Mystique, she is now only ever at the brotherhood house, and never anywhere else. I can go there from my room and interact with her, but if there's supposed to be any sort of story or progression, it doesn't seem to be happening.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
so i'm using the latest mod version and patch, and it's all going well. I am wondering though:

What do all the different plan types (omega, kappa, psi, mu?) do, and can you only do one of them?

Also, I might have encountered a bug. After initially meeting Mystique, she is now only ever at the brotherhood house, and never anywhere else. I can go there from my room and interact with her, but if there's supposed to be any sort of story or progression, it doesn't seem to be happening.
You can (and should) do all those plans - they are for each girl to unlock the ability to do stuff in public without Xavier bothering you once done.

Also no, it's all working as intended - in the earlier versions of the mod, mystique had a different intro and storyline which made her be at the campus and all that, but the stuff surrounding her got scrapped and reworked, and now only has a basic bit of interaction at the brotherhood after you meet her.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
elder variation missing. where to get this with older content fullness?
Either the All in One Version which is linked in the OP, which is however based on a way older version of the base game, so expect other missing features, or nowhere in the newest version, as over the course of development, other features that either did not work out as well or had lower quality were removed. They might get re-introduced at a later stage, as of right now there's a whole lot of work that needs touching up and not nearly enough coders working on the mod.

As an aside: The screenshots in Op are currently not entirely representative of the mod and need to get changed at some point.

you do need to have the base game to install this mod. should say which version it works with currently in og post
That is the inevitable plan going forward, but you don't as of right now. The links for the "Base mod" in OP all contain game on version 0.984h and are running the mod and ready to play as is - you download that and play, all there is to it as it stands right now.

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
Any word on an update?
Still coding as always?

So, moving away from the inefficient LiveComposite() function Oni was using and instead using LayeredImage() to process the sprites and their layers. Ren'py is looking to add Live2D support in an upcoming update and Shad0wk1ng09 has expressed some interest in making that work. But for the moment, trying to get the sprites in and doing what we want them to do.

Added benefit of remaking the system you may ask? Speed for one, should help with those performance issues the base game has now. We can also add more categories of clothing and sprite layers, meaning we can add back in a number of assets y'all have been missing and this time without some of the annoying issues. Plus, we can better randomize wardrobes now! We'll be giving each clothing piece some values and using some weighted choices to generate outfits on the fly. You will still be able to 'tell' a girl what to wear and when but, hopefully this will be less of a chore and players wont be reaching for that calendar as often. This is the current focus, not much else to say here as I am still going through all the necessary logic of how this thing will work.

Dynamic Events is a big system I am still working though. Unlike most trainer games, Rogue-Like hasn't really relied on doing the same thing each 'turn'. To further supplement that, we are reworking how events actually proc. Four categories of events will now exists: Character, Location, Scheduled, and Special. Special events can be considered scripted events, these generally overwrite all other things happening. Scheduled events are exactly what they sound like, the typical event that happens at a preset time. Location and Character are a little bit different; these events happen when the player is in the right place or with the right person. We call these dynamic because nothing but the Special events are guaranteed to happen. Plus, the event handler will prevent event overlap so we can't get two Special events playing at once. Add in a host of possible conditions and a sprinkle of randomization; there you go, we have Dynamic Events!

Dynamic Locations are a thing and are working as intended. With this, we can add, change, and mix up locations at will. Most of this has to do with how the menus work, which is another piece that has been reworked. Moving now defaults to 'Travel Mode' where you have to move room by room; this helps with the event handler and ensuring that certain events play correctly. A cheat movement mode may be added later at some point. Lastly, this lets us add the Brotherhood building in with relative ease; that and new rooms for new girls.

Code for the girls is on hold until other systems are built out better. Even so, a good amount of work was already done on that subject. Expect values to change more consistently and decisions to have a more nuanced effect. Conditional checks that still are not working in the current version of RL have been completely reworked; this will show up with a more pronounced effect when interacting with the girls. Location, outfit, and nature/type of request will all now factor heavily in deciding if a girl is willing to do a thing, with the added bonus that traits should be more consistently used. Speaking of outfits and clothes, code for that was also made a while back and is already part of the project, expect to hear more about outfit changes as the image system progresses.

Feel free to come by the Discord and encourage us (myself especially) to stay focused on this!

~PervyRogue

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes