Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

DrakeTLD

May 23, 2017
Possibly a dumb question - for the kitty bondage, I have gotten her Obedience to 1,000, sir/master/slave etc and done all the checks I could find in the python script that gotten posted when the bondage clothes first got added. Did it get removed in a later version, or did the checks get changed? I'm wondering what the approval check is, not sure if that's love or not.
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY USE THE FUCKING SEARCH FEATURE AND CHECK THE OP! THIS HAS BEEN ASKED AND ANSWERED AD NAUSIUM!!!

bobby1227

Feb 27, 2020
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY USE THE FUCKING SEARCH FEATURE AND CHECK THE OP! THIS HAS BEEN ASKED AND ANSWERED AD NAUSIUM!!!
I did use the search function. Hell, I ripped out the code and look at it myself. I'm meeting all the flags. So either - it's a bug or a unknown flag that I don't understand in the code is not tripping.

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
Thanks HCBurner and Pr0man for keeping up with the thread!

Some proof of concept stuff has been completed on the rewrite. Yes, we are rewriting Oni's entire game. It was an unfortunate choice that had to be made; the short of it is that the code base continues to change too much from version to version (including during letter changes!) to keep modding Oni's code. I've shown this off several times in the Expanded discord and both the team and the community have come to the same conclusion.

Does this mean it is a new game? No, and Yes. We are rewriting the original game in its entirety with some major changes and quality of life stuff for both devs and players. So the base game will still be Rogue-Like as you know it. We are also working on two! projects at the same time: Expanded mod will be a much simpler drop-in developed at the same time as the rewrite. The other project is the full DLC to Rogue-Like, Rogue-Like: Brotherhood.

A good amount has been done on all of this so far. And its kinda crazy but, the art has been the FASTEST thing in this whole project. A huge shout-out to our amazing artists: Shadow, Cheshire, Draconos, Pink, Sleepy, hcburner, czetwain, and our awesome community that just keeps posting stuff to us!

Mattu

Aug 3, 2017

Some proof of concept stuff has been completed on the rewrite. Yes, we are rewriting Oni's entire game. It was an unfortunate choice that had to be made; the short of it is that the code base continues to change too much from version to version (including during letter changes!) to keep modding Oni's code. I've shown this off several times in the Expanded discord and both the team and the community have come to the same conclusion.

Does this mean it is a new game? No, and Yes. We are rewriting the original game in its entirety with some major changes and quality of life stuff for both devs and players. So the base game will still be Rogue-Like as you know it. We are also working on two! projects at the same time: Expanded mod will be a much simpler drop-in developed at the same time as the rewrite. The other project is the full DLC to Rogue-Like, Rogue-Like: Brotherhood.

A good amount has been done on all of this so far. And its kinda crazy but, the art has been the FASTEST thing in this whole project. A huge shout-out to our amazing artists: Shadow, Cheshire, Draconos, Pink, Sleepy, hcburner, czetwain, and our awesome community that just keeps posting stuff to us!
Exciting stuff!
Are you still helping Oni? I read some time ago somebody in the thread was doing that. It must be somewhat annoying if the code changes a lot like that - also time consuming I imagine...

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Do you have the Prepatched version for MAC?
Sorry, I don't. It's only that I don't have a MAC and I have no experience with it. But according to the install instructions, the patch is compatible with the MAC version, but the install is a little different:

"Merge folder game from Patch with folder named game from Base Mod (Path on mac: Rogue-Like/Rogue-Like.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/)"

Hope this helps.

In the meantime, I'll put some work in and see if I can create a pre-patched version for MAC here on Windows (Hopefully it's just a directory thing), should the need ever arise. Can't do Android though.

Possibly a dumb question - for the kitty bondage, I have gotten her Obedience to 1,000, sir/master/slave etc and done all the checks I could find in the python script that gotten posted when the bondage clothes first got added. Did it get removed in a later version, or did the checks get changed? I'm wondering what the approval check is, not sure if that's love or not.
The bondage content is present in the AIO version of the mod, which doesn't contain Laura and pre-dates a lot of Emma content. You can find the link I posted to it a few pages back if you're interested.

Last edited:

LazyLamb

Jun 10, 2018

Hey, I apologize if it's too soon to ask about this, but do you guys plan on releasing Android versions as well for future releases? Either way I'm glad that people are still passionate about this game, you guys are doing some fantastic work!

DrakeTLD

May 23, 2017
I did use the search function. Hell, I ripped out the code and look at it myself. I'm meeting all the flags. So either - it's a bug or a unknown flag that I don't understand in the code is not tripping.
Don't try to BS me. If you HAD used the search function you never would have asked a question seen here and answered about once every two weeks and always asked every update. That was removed and may be added at a later date. AGAIN, this has been asked and answered MULTIPLE times, so unless someone has been deleting posts, you need to look at the search function as hard as you say you looked at the code.

Diablo22

Mar 25, 2020
[/QUOTE]
Do u think that their will be a Android version of the New expand mod and the brotherhood mod if so could you send me the link for them when they are released.

bobby1227

Feb 27, 2020
Don't try to BS me. If you HAD used the search function you never would have asked a question seen here and answered about once every two weeks and always asked every update. That was removed and may be added at a later date. AGAIN, this has been asked and answered MULTIPLE times, so unless someone has been deleting posts, you need to look at the search function as hard as you say you looked at the code.
I did use the search function. Could I have a missed the post saying it was removed? absolutely. It's entirely possible.

You need to chill. Problem has been resolved. Move on.

Last edited:

DrakeTLD

May 23, 2017
Still waiting for Jean's content. Strangely, I really liked the inclusion of the character.
Well. Oni has chosen to work solo on this, so we're pretty much at his mercy. There's a link to the main game that has his Patreon etc. Best we can hope for at this point I'm afraid.

Reactions: Coyote099

hcb69

Dec 10, 2017
Pervy's response on the possibility of an android version:
HEY HO THATS A NO!

Not until I am invested enough in one to spend the headache to build those.
So basically it's not a priority unless we find someone to make it. But it's likely that someone makes an unofficial port at some point. Sorry.

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
Pervy Rogue i've cloned the rewrite repository and would like to see if I can help. It only contains the /game folder so i'd like to know where i can download the other files needed to build, run, and test the game.
ConfirmPassword If you are interested in helping with code, get ahold of us through Discord. Always looking for help! Discord is simply the best for more real-time communication on the work.

Also, there are no images in the repo for a set of reasons, including repo size but, also because we are changing the directory structure vs the original.

Reactions: LordMerek and hcb69

Ruinfire

Mar 1, 2019
Aight so idk if people already know about this bug or if its just a bug that happens to me or something but if laura has been tanned with either full tan or tan lines there will be an error should she get her hair wet since the image is apparently missing none of the other girls have this issue

hcb69

Dec 10, 2017
Aight so idk if people already know about this bug or if its just a bug that happens to me or something but if laura has been tanned with either full tan or tan lines there will be an error should she get her hair wet since the image is apparently missing none of the other girls have this issue
Probably. Laura tan was added in the last update before it was abandoned and it's buggy.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes