Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
How did you "install" it?
Hmm, I think I have the same question. The mod only gives the images, with no changes to the wardrobe selection menu (the *.rpy files). How do I suppose to change the hair, jacket, tube top, and leather jacket?

Grigori_127

Modder
Dec 2, 2018
Hmm, I think I have the same question. The mod only gives the images, with no changes to the wardrobe selection menu (the *.rpy files). How do I suppose to change the hair, jacket, tube top, and leather jacket?
You have to change the .rpy files
On the github there's a branch called Rogue-newhair-and-clothes that has the .rpy for this new content.
It hasn't been merged into the main branch yet cause it's missing the missionary versions of the clothes.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
You have to change the .rpy files
On the github there's a branch called Rogue-newhair-and-clothes that has the .rpy for this new content.
It hasn't been merged into the main branch yet cause it's missing the missionary versions of the clothes.
Thanks for clearing this up. I tried to decompile the arc file and see the image structure, turns out the hair images already present in the current branch, but not referenced anywhere in the rogue_animation.rpy. Turns out there's another branch...

Anyway, in my playthrough, Mystique won't notice if I play around with other girls in the room, while others will notice if I'm playing with Mystique. I have to call the 'NewGirl_Noticed' label manually from the console if Mystique is to notice other girls. Anyone else have this problem?

Jan 11, 2018
Thanks for clearing this up. I tried to decompile the arc file and see the image structure, turns out the hair images already present in the current branch, but not referenced anywhere in the rogue_animation.rpy. Turns out there's another branch...
Because we are not mod creators to actually add clothes in game, we just make the textures themselves. If they ever appear or not in the game is up to mod creators.

arken444

Jan 16, 2019
anyone know how to get both kitty and rogue, i ask kitty but rogue doesn't seem to even have a diaglue option for it or am i just not looking in the right area

DrakeTLD

May 23, 2017
anyone know how to get both kitty and rogue, i ask kitty but rogue doesn't seem to even have a diaglue option for it or am i just not looking in the right area
You have to talk to Rouge about your relationship status, 'break up' with her (Not really though) then she'll talk about what she needs to do to keep the raltionship together. Suggest adding Kitty to the mix and Hey Presto DiMagiko! There you go. Lather rinse and repeat for Emma.

arken444

Jan 16, 2019
can someone tell me how to get mystique and x-23 cause i can't talk to mystique and the class room and x-23 doesn't show up in the training room again

Reactions: gatufohuj
Dec 31, 2018
Been trying to install the expanded mod with the vanilla version (0.981f).

Downloading the github repository and extracting files into the "game" folder of vanilla (0.981f) gives me this traceback: (see attachement)

Am I doing something wrong?

Augeus

Jul 9, 2017
Been trying to install the expanded mod with the vanilla version (0.981f).

Downloading the github repository and extracting files into the "game" folder of vanilla (0.981f) gives me this traceback: (see attachement)

Am I doing something wrong?
The current mod version is built for an earlier version of the game so you can't combine the two. The reason for this is Oni is updating a lot of the inner workings of the code (if i understand it properly) with his updates so the modders would have to spend a lot of time trying to adapt it with each update instead of working on new content. You can use the all in one version in the OP it's the latest version as far as I know.

Dec 31, 2018
The current mod version is built for an earlier version of the game so you can't combine the two. The reason for this is Oni is updating a lot of the inner workings of the code (if i understand it properly) with his updates so the modders would have to spend a lot of time trying to adapt it with each update instead of working on new content. You can use the all in one version in the OP it's the latest version as far as I know.

Ah okie. That makes sense
If only there is a way to make the mod portable to all versions.
I feel like the game is great and honestly, the creator would be surprised at how much the modders are adding to his game (while in development). There definitely should be some communication there.

Also (side note), do you know where the threesome option went? I only see it when doing "cowgirl" with Emma and when threesome is select, error shows up

Reactions: Jinxsaw69

Augeus

Jul 9, 2017
Ah okie. That makes sense
If only there is a way to make the mod portable to all versions.
I feel like the game is great and honestly, the creator would be surprised at how much the modders are adding to his game (while in development). There definitely should be some communication there.

Also (side note), do you know where the threesome option went? I only see it when doing "cowgirl" with Emma and when threesome is select, error shows up
They have said that they're basically waiting for Oni to reach a more final version (maybe 1.0, not sure) in terms of structure so they can be sure it'll be a bit future-proof. And I'm not sure how you mean - if you're getting an error on selection make sure you're not using the version you tried merging (use the original extraction) otherwise it might be an actual bug. The way I always trigger them is by fooling around with one of them while another is present. I would also say that the threesome framework is different in oni's latest version compared to the modded version because he recently updated it - so they work differently between versions. Hope this helps.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes