ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
  • Angry
Reactions: Ghostload

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
just started the game,does agreeing to be rogue's bf locks you ouf of other girls' paths?
Nope, go harem till the cows come home. There are no "paths", really. No big story events. As you raise your relationship points and reach certain milestones you'll get these progression "beats" where the girl will take you away and take the relationship up a notch in a way, but that's it.

Reactions: mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
No matter how much shitposting we do Oni can't ever seem to get things right ever--by the time we get fully integrated with the Metaverse he's still working on RLE slowly.

Reactions: Ghostload

Gabbar@007

Jan 13, 2022
I fear this is it for this game; its strange many games that began around the same time and I expected to never be finished have recently hit their 1.0s. Not Rogue-like though, so with the recent collapse of another spin-off I felt I had one more thing to give. Does it make up for an unfinished Rogue-like or fully fleshed out spin-off? No, not even a little; but its all I got to give.

So with that here is my homebrew version of the game with my own QOL improvements and bits and pieces from different sources(like the expanded mod for example). It has many unfinished ideas and half-baked as well; but it should be a breath of fresh air if vanilla is becoming a bit vanilla.

Cheers Boys(and maybe girls? I don't think so though, but who knows)

Mega
Need apk version plz

Oct 21, 2019
I fear this is it for this game; its strange many games that began around the same time and I expected to never be finished have recently hit their 1.0s. Not Rogue-like though, so with the recent collapse of another spin-off I felt I had one more thing to give. Does it make up for an unfinished Rogue-like or fully fleshed out spin-off? No, not even a little; but its all I got to give.

So with that here is my homebrew version of the game with my own QOL improvements and bits and pieces from different sources(like the expanded mod for example). It has many unfinished ideas and half-baked as well; but it should be a breath of fresh air if vanilla is becoming a bit vanilla.

Mega
What exactly about this homebrew differs from the original? I ask because I am genuinely curious.

Jan 14, 2018
Anyone else have the bug where Jean hates giving psychic handjobs and leaves even though she's max stats? And then when she leaves the handjob continues, you can still talk, and when it finishes she suddenly reappears? I did use cheats so that may be it...

Reactions: Testerguy19

grunt_pepper

Aug 8, 2017
I think this is it for Rogue-Like and the Rogue-Like genre.

No Oni, no Ron.
If Oni were to be financially punished for missing deadlines and not delivering content he'd actually work. Instead, he's incentivized to faff about for months on end and throw his supporters a few breadcrumbs here and there to string them along.

And this isn't something only Oni does, the whole Patreon system encourages this kind of behavior, and if Patreon cared about anything but their cut they'd do what Kickstarter was eventually forced to do and put the content creators to task, but that's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

As for Ron, I can understand why he ultimately decided to go solo - he has the coding skills to implement his vision, and he's already shown he can source the art via commission, so it's not like he needs anyone else. It remains to be seen if he has the will and motivation to stay with the project, but as of the 19th the github showed he had been working on the code.

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
Tbh, I think the patrons who support Oni for months on end without retiring their patronage no matter how little, late and lackluster Oni's deliveries are, are the ones responsible for his bullshit. I don't know the reasons they may have to do so, maybe they're whales who support every H-game creator they like and don't pay much attention to their productivity?
On the Ron's subject, I'm glad he didn't throw the towel even though the environment in the Discord was disgusting. I hope we see news from him soon, even if it's just a complete fix of his current Chonky mod without anything extra added. I wonder if he'll agree to adding stuff from other mods, like Prime's or Dittyman's the same way he seems interested in adding the Expanded things.

Ghostload

Jan 23, 2019
I'm reposting Dittyman's Jubilee sex mod and standalone game.

Sex Mod

https://f95zone.to/threads/rogue-like-evolution-v0-998c-oni.14/post-8330478

Game

https://f95zone.to/threads/rogue-like-evolution-v0-998c-oni.14/post-8798403

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ditty's Quote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's right - almost zero women play Rogue-Like Evolution because they know that Jubilee is some serious competition.

Gabbar@007

Jan 13, 2022
I'm reposting Dittyman's Jubilee sex mod and standalone game.

Sex Mod

https://f95zone.to/threads/rogue-like-evolution-v0-998c-oni.14/post-8330478

Game

https://f95zone.to/threads/rogue-like-evolution-v0-998c-oni.14/post-8798403

Ditty's Quote:

He's right - almost zero women play Rogue-Like Evolution because they know that Jubilee is some serious competition.
Need apk version

Erudito

Mar 10, 2018
Tbh, I think the patrons who support Oni for months on end without retiring their patronage no matter how little, late and lackluster Oni's deliveries are, are the ones responsible for his bullshit. I don't know the reasons they may have to do so, maybe they're whales who support every H-game creator they like and don't pay much attention to their productivity?
On the Ron's subject, I'm glad he didn't throw the towel even though the environment in the Discord was disgusting. I hope we see news from him soon, even if it's just a complete fix of his current Chonky mod without anything extra added. I wonder if he'll agree to adding stuff from other mods, like Prime's or Dittyman's the same way he seems interested in adding the Expanded things.
I used to support Oni awhile back when the game was new-ish, but then i noticed a red flag of a pattern, RLE's lackluster updates and horrendous "bugfixes" that tend to reach patch x.xxxd/e/f/g like holy hell dood how did you not learn your lesson every single time? I mean small bugs every few updates are reasonable, thats what QA testers are for, but patch G?Jesus christ. His usual bs update posts of "I got the basic poses done hurr durr, update coming in yadda yadda" and when update comes it is literally one copy pasted scene. What pose was he "drawing" over the past few months? It makes you wonder. Sure, we're all pirates who enjoys a wank here and there, but we wank the game because we like the game(or used to) and wanna support it one way or another. But this bs? Fukkin heyull dood

grunt_pepper

Aug 8, 2017
His usual bs update posts of "I got the basic poses done hurr durr, update coming in yadda yadda" and when update comes it is literally one copy pasted scene. What pose was he "drawing" over the past few months?
That's the real kicker for me. By now all Oni realistically needs to do is draw a bunch of poses, along with alternatives for various items of clothing and plug them into the already established framework.

And yes, I'm aware his coding is a mess, but with how much money he's making each month he could just as easily commission someone to clean up the code and implement a system that would make it easier for him to add new content.

There's literally no reason why it should take Oni upward of a year to "fully" implement a new character.

He should be in a position to churn out a steady stream of content every month, instead almost half a year can go by before a "major" update sees the light of day.

I don't know why people defending this kind of behavior or still keep throwing money at him, I really don't.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes