katzen.klo

Feb 5, 2018
And thus the cycle of objectively nothing substantial continues every year
Eh, Ive been playing this game since it came out, its a lot more now than it used to be. In the early days, it was just Rouge and Kitty, everyone just had on pose and you couldnt even have a threesome. In recent versions, you can barely take a shower without having an orgy.

Honestly, all the criticism in this thread is a bit retarded. Oni works on the same pace he worked for years, but for whatever reason people now decided that its unacceptable. I agree that some of the recent poses are disappointing though.

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
Eh, Ive been playing this game since it came out, its a lot more now than it used to be. In the early days, it was just Rouge and Kitty, everyone just had on pose and you couldnt even have a threesome. In recent versions, you can barely take a shower without having an orgy.

Honestly, all the criticism in this thread is a bit retarded. Oni works on the same pace he worked for years, but for whatever reason people now decided that its unacceptable. I agree that some of the recent poses are disappointing though.
All criticism? I've been playing this game 4 years ago, and that means hundreds of playthroughs on average at least. Excluding some actual braindead takes, all defense is not the best either. There are braindead takes for sure, but saying every one is a bit retarded means you and I do not give fair criticism, let alone the reviews. As much as we know his pace, you can't expect build ups only to be let down by last minute disappointments. This happens too often anywhere and it's simple psychology; don't get your hopes up too high and if you fail to deliver, let people know early at least and don't always make excuses or lies.

He has said he would improve the pace of works, even though we could cut him slack, he's on Patreon and some greedy, lazy creators use the money to their advantages and are sluggish in the process. Ask Semondemon, who's famously known for being a supporter. A game that's about 6 years old progresses like that---you said it about the disappointing poses, are we actually looking forward to Jubilee's poses this month or is something gonna change to reignite our hopes up? Probably not, but the reception and Oni's reputation has been going a bit down. Overly anticipating for good things aren't the best either.

Zane11

Oct 31, 2021
Hello, I'm a little lost with the OP.

There is a 2020 version of the game besides the main one, plus there are so many mods.. The Expansion Mod for example seems to be great from what I read, but is it complete? Or is the base game complete for that matter?

Sorry to seem stupid lol, but what version of the game do you recommend me to download to start with? Thanks!

salscou

Apr 14, 2020

My biggest recent gripe is how he is re-using poses he supposedly worked on form months, and how completely dissapointing jean's front pose is and you know its just out of spite, wich i will never understand why hes mad people want jean grey in an x-men game instead of gwenpool.

Reactions: Ghostload

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
Hello, I'm a little lost with the OP.

There is a 2020 version of the game besides the main one, plus there are so many mods.. The Expansion Mod for example seems to be great from what I read, but is it complete? Or is the base game complete for that matter?

Sorry to seem stupid lol, but what version of the game do you recommend me to download to start with? Thanks!
If it's your first time, go for vanilla version. 2020 one is a joke build with nothing to offer, really. If you feel like it, add the Prime mod to your vanilla for a lot of QoL improvements, and if you were satified and your favourite girls happen to be the first few ones, go for the Expanded, which only has up to Laura but there are many more things there, like tanning in the pool or a buch of extra clothes.

It is natural to feel disapointed when the dev works at a snail pace and, rather than at least making genuine new stuff for the girls, he copies previous poses or makes outright terrible new ones. It's not simply a case of "oh, Oni's been always like that" it's that he's gotten worse. With the pasing years, the game has gathered a lot of followers, and a reasonable, honest answer to that would be to up your ante and try to improve the game now that it's not just a funny little experiment, but a very popular, highly profitable product. Furthermore, it's an attitude thing, where he gets some mad fat cash every month from the game's revenue and still doesn't feel responsible and try to actually put an effort into it or even listen to what people say about it. It's like he has no commitment with the project, to which the cheapest counterargument would say "uh, you don't pay, don't complain" somehow rejecting that having the game for free doesn't mean being unable to hold an opinion about it, and that opinion usually is that Oni has no working ethic and no respect for the fans. Justified? Yeah. Fine? No.

Zane11

Oct 31, 2021
If it's your first time, go for vanilla version. 2020 one is a joke build with nothing to offer, really. If you feel like it, add the Prime mod to your vanilla for a lot of QoL improvements, and if you were satified and your favourite girls happen to be the first few ones, go for the Expanded, which only has up to Laura but there are many more things there, like tanning in the pool or a buch of extra clothes.
Thank you for the response!

Two more things if you would. Do I gain something significant with one of the cheat mods or is just about less grind in case that's too significant? And is the game very far along in terms of content or way too far from completion?

Reactions: Ghostload

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
Thank you for the response!

Two more things if you would. Do I gain something significant with one of the cheat mods or is just about less grind in case that's too significant? And is the game very far along in terms of content or way too far from completion?
"Completion" is subjective here XD. This game adds a girl, then gives her content, then goes on to another girl, there is no end planned for it, but as for the current girls, everyone is completed save for Jubes, who lacks sex options and footjob, if I remember correctly. And cheats usually reduce the grind, but the game isn't very grindy in terms of stats, although a money cheat really comes in handy if you want to unlock everyone's bikinis and other 'fits.

Zane11

Oct 31, 2021
"Completion" is subjective here XD. This game adds a girl, then gives her content, then goes on to another girl, there is no end planned for it, but as for the current girls, everyone is completed save for Jubes, who lacks sex options and footjob, if I remember correctly. And cheats usually reduce the grind, but the game isn't very grindy in terms of stats, although a money cheat really comes in handy if you want to unlock everyone's bikinis and other 'fits.
Understood, I'll start with the base game together with the Prime mod then. Thanks again :)

Reactions: Testerguy19

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
Ye I'm upset merely because Oni copy pasted everything and called it a day. If he revamps art of all the girls to be more unique I'd be all for it but he just one and done. Look at how dirty he did stoma doggy & jubilees titjob/blowjob it's absolutely awful.

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
Which reminds me how I started by looking back at Oni's older art works in 2015/2016, which was way before even I discovered this game, though 2016 was when it all began. He had this cel shaded, 3D-ish kinda style. I used to go to the Rule34Paheal page and he was on top of my list for viewing/fapping.

LOGhetto

Nov 8, 2017
All criticism? I've been playing this game 4 years ago, and that means hundreds of playthroughs on average at least. Excluding some actual braindead takes, all defense is not the best either. There are braindead takes for sure, but saying every one is a bit retarded means you and I do not give fair criticism, let alone the reviews. As much as we know his pace, you can't expect build ups only to be let down by last minute disappointments. This happens too often anywhere and it's simple psychology; don't get your hopes up too high and if you fail to deliver, let people know early at least and don't always make excuses or lies.

He has said he would improve the pace of works, even though we could cut him slack, he's on Patreon and some greedy, lazy creators use the money to their advantages and are sluggish in the process. Ask Semondemon, who's famously known for being a supporter. A game that's about 6 years old progresses like that---you said it about the disappointing poses, are we actually looking forward to Jubilee's poses this month or is something gonna change to reignite our hopes up? Probably not, but the reception and Oni's reputation has been going a bit down. Overly anticipating for good things aren't the best either.
There's no point in arguing with consoomers on this site. Especially this thread.

Crimx42

Jul 7, 2017
I'm sure there'll be mixed feelings about this, but while I can get by the new artstyle and the Oni art mod seems easy to implement, I just don't like the direction of the mechanics and story. To me, how shapeless Oni's game was is a great point, because I could start dozens of playthroughs and do things any way. Raise a girl's inhibition to make her into a pervy whore without having had sex or anything. Going the obedience route and make them into slaves, acting all straight Don Juan and getting in their pants in the first day, or being mildy friendly or even totally passive and let them get closer to you. Damn, even the edgy route where you're bold and bad mannered works of you know how to. All in all, this looks like trying to give the game a defining shape cuts out all the posibilities your own imagination can provide. I don't know what you guys will think, but I'll keep hoping for an Expanded mod that works with the latest updates of the normal game.
I think this best encapsulates how I feel about RogueLike
I have started dozens, if not hundreds of new save files. I'm currently on save 2676.
Every path I played felt a little unique despite the game only having such a limited number of options.

I fully believe that's because of the freeform nature of it.
I'm personally fine with Obedience being replaced with Trust
I'm also fine with Inhibition being a hidden number

But I fully believe that more complexity and ways to approach sex is ideal for diverse gameplay than there being a correct answer.

Reactions: DarkLurker12
4.40 star(s) 148 Votes