M1K3_0

Jan 10, 2019
What's the difference between the base game and the April Fool's version ?(I still haven't played any version of the game, but consider me curious)

Feb 10, 2020
What's the difference between the base game and the April Fool's version ?(I still haven't played any version of the game, but consider me curious)
The most recent april fools was the dark souls of rogue-like-likes. Basically when you incurred negative points, you'd get embarrassed and lose meter. Too much and you reset the day. To counter this you got three flasks of booze a day to refill your meter. Beyond that certain checks were more difficult, and Jean was impossible to get through her first encounter until a later patch.

Reactions: FacelessVixen

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
So, I think we've nearly exhausted all the fuckable X-women unless he starts adding in Magneto's crew so... will this game finally move forward with actually fleshing out the characters and guiding it towards a satisfying end-game?

Or am I just too optimistic/naive?

flynn0426

Nov 17, 2019
How does this game have such great art and so many things you can do during sex with your superheroine harem in game, yet still feel so empty?

Reactions: John341

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
The most recent april fools was the dark souls of rogue-like-likes. Basically when you incurred negative points, you'd get embarrassed and lose meter. Too much and you reset the day. To counter this you got three flasks of booze a day to refill your meter. Beyond that certain checks were more difficult, and Jean was impossible to get through her first encounter until a later patch.
Oh, is that so? Sounds like a nice version to try after already "100%-ing" the original.
So, I think we've nearly exhausted all the fuckable X-women unless he starts adding in Magneto's crew so... will this game finally move forward with actually fleshing out the characters and guiding it towards a satisfying end-game?

Or am I just too optimistic/naive?
There are already some options from past pools for next chars, even discounting that Emma was already a clear message that he was not limited to characters in the original show (plus Laura, Jean and Jubilee are completelly differente, design and character-wise).
But about an endgame anywhere in sight, yeah, pretty sure there are no plans for that anymore.

How does this game have such great art and so many things you can do during sex with your superheroine harem in game, yet still feel so empty?
Because, visuals aside, they soon become very... equal.
The main difference for most is the order in massages, maybe they like one way of hitting on them more, they start with different starting points, etc, but mechanically they are barely different.

From what I recall, the only ones interesting mechanics-wise is that Emma avoids anything in public until your points are very high, and
Jean to me is a breath of fresh air, because her mechanics are very different. Her actual inhibition points are different than shown, her Love points are also kept in a separate pool and are not added until a level of obedience, after which the pool slowly transfers to her, and she has different meters for friendship with other girls, that is actually getting along, and being able to have threesomes.

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
Worst part is, the art isn't all that great and it continues to get worse on top of being essentially empty.
Essentially, this is an 8 year old game. It has so much because it has been incrementally added to for 8 years.

The art seeming not so great is because we are spoiled for choice after 8 years worth of newer projects and a flood of talented artists trying their hand at jumping on the patreon adult games bandwagon.

The feeling of emptiness almost certainly comes from the familiarity with the game after having probably played through it dozens of times over the past 8 years. There are few surprises when we're so familiar with the mechanics and art. And each version that gets added is adding a similarly small amount of content as the updates several years ago when the whole game was smaller. The result is that each update is like the tiny tip of an iceberg compared against the large amount of content we've already been familiar with for months or even years that sits beneath the surface.

I think if someone has never seen this game before and decided to try it for the first time today, they'd be enamored with its depth and fullness.

flynn0426

Nov 17, 2019
Essentially, this is an 8 year old game. It has so much because it has been incrementally added to for 8 years.

The art seeming not so great is because we are spoiled for choice after 8 years worth of newer projects and a flood of talented artists trying their hand at jumping on the patreon adult games bandwagon.

The feeling of emptiness almost certainly comes from the familiarity with the game after having probably played through it dozens of times over the past 8 years. There are few surprises when we're so familiar with the mechanics and art. And each version that gets added is adding a similarly small amount of content as the updates several years ago when the whole game was smaller. The result is that each update is like the tiny tip of an iceberg compared against the large amount of content we've already been familiar with for months or even years that sits beneath the surface.

I think if someone has never seen this game before and decided to try it for the first time today, they'd be enamored with its depth and fullness.
They'd be enamored for about 3 or 4 hours until they realize the entire game is a sex minigame with a handful of girls inside of Ren'py prompts and beyond that, there's virtually no character events, story plot points, well written sex events. Like I said, large flash game with great X-Men Evolution art. Devs like TwistedScarlett60 have made 3 massive sandbox harem VNs inside of Ren'py in 3/4ths the time this game has been in development. I guess the two extra years was to create the stilted animations that look like two layers in PS sliding over each other.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 149 Votes