YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Is the game's code really that bad?
This was about if there was a way to leave the scene about Laura's gift for later if you did not give the money when Kitty asked, so you could get close enough with Kitty to be able to enter the room and get the scene (if you can't enter you miss it).
Huh, I had no idea. It's from vanilla.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dittymyman

Feb 23, 2019
As someone brushin up on C++ to make a game and have taken a look at the other languages available; it is not entirely Oni's fault. Python is not designed or intuitive to game design, many things Rogue like does have to be jury rigged not entirely because Oni was learning on the fly but because Python does not support it. Layer on he is using renpy which has its own set of limitations, he really should just turn to unity and learn the bare minimum of C++ or C# or strap down and delve fully into C++ and using something like SDL.

P.S. Java is bad for games, at me... don't really it was a joke.

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
As someone brushin up on C++ to make a game and have taken a look at the other languages available; it is not entirely Oni's fault. Python is not designed or intuitive to game design, many things Rogue like does have to be jury rigged not entirely because Oni was learning on the fly but because Python does not support it. Layer on he is using renpy which has its own set of limitations, he really should just turn to unity and learn the bare minimum of C++ or C# or strap down and delve fully into C++ and using something like SDL.

...I barely understand half of what you said, but it sounded really smart, so kudos to you.

Armagedon13

May 24, 2018

I think one doesn't use unity because he needs to pay to use it when the project grows, and he doesn't know that the game would be so successful (he makes it clear that he doesn't know how to use oop). He couldn't use c# much less c++, unreal engine has a blueprint system, Blueprint Visual Scripting, in addition to c++. I don't think renpy is a bad game engine if he knew how to scale the code better he wouldn't have so many problems adding things and it wouldn't take so long to give more updates. For my part, I never programmed video games with c++, only with python and c#.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MankoEater

MankoEater

Apr 25, 2017

Man, it'd suck if all other games were to be developed in Unity or other taxing game engines. That's another thing as to why I love RLE very much bc it does not require starbucks potato, but flea market potato is enough to run it. Makes me wonder why :illuminati:they:illuminati: took down Flash instead of re-iterating it or giving it compatibility into newer applications, for both graphics, processing and storage sufficiency.

Woe is me with low-end pc quality. :HideThePain:

Ghostload

Jan 23, 2019
MankoEater

Same here.

I'm so glad there are so many games done in renpy. I really don't like Unity. My PC isn't horrible, but it can't run half of all Unity games out there. I don't understand why I can run Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning, but not Love My Okaa-san Part 3. Yes, I know KoA: RR is based on an old engine -- I don't care.

Also, kudos on pointing out who :illuminati:they:illuminati: are without being too obvious about it.

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
MankoEater

Same here.

I'm so glad there are so many games done in renpy. I really don't like Unity. My PC isn't horrible, but it can't run half of all Unity games out there. I don't understand why I can run Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning, but not Love My Okaa-san Part 3. Yes, I know KoA: RR is based on an old engine -- I don't care.

Also, kudos on pointing out who :illuminati:they:illuminati: are without being too obvious about it.
Yo, Amalur is the fucking goat. I got it back when I wanted Skyrim but they didn't have it so they convinced me to get this one. Although the new expansion is cancer tier cringe.
Also Jubes' ass.

Swifthand

Aug 4, 2019
Man, it'd suck if all other games were to be developed in Unity or other taxing game engines. That's another thing as to why I love RLE very much bc it does not require starbucks potato, but flea market potato is enough to run it. Makes me wonder why :illuminati:they:illuminati: took down Flash instead of re-iterating it or giving it compatibility into newer applications, for both graphics, processing and storage sufficiency.

Woe is me with low-end pc quality. :HideThePain:

As someone who also has a low-end device, I can recommend modded Sims 4 as an additional game. It's crazy how much you can do there.

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
Yeah, but I'll take anything I can get these days.

Jubes' boobs.

View attachment 2186686
Was this edit ever finished?
I hate how Oni copy pasted Jean's art for her & Storm I think once the next build comes up I'll make a fuss. He stated he'd fix art so if I pester him enough I'd assume he would. Copy paste code all you want just don't copy paste art holy fuck, you're supposed to be an artist.

Feb 10, 2020
4.40 star(s) 149 Votes