salscou

Apr 14, 2020
Who else like me is playing/has finished Rogue Like Ultimate Edition? Thoughts on it?
I only got up to jean on the 1.2 version, i couldnt beat her and assumed that was it for the joke, didnt bother with 1.3.
Basically the only version I play these days. Sucks to miss out on some of the fresher content but whatever. Wonder how easy it would be to just slap the Jubes stuff in.
Why not just try one of the mods?
I always recomend prime mod, its the one i use all the time.

Reactions: Testerguy19
Feb 10, 2020
Why not just try one of the mods?
I always recomend prime mod, its the one i use all the time.
Don't much care for them other than the SaruDude one for the few cosmetic differences. I just like having to play around the embarrassment mechanic of ultimate, alongside the slightly steeper point requirements.

KS-MAN2025

Apr 19, 2022
how does love work with jean? i mean, i reach 500 of love with her, but sometimes her love meter is 520 or 503, how can i reach 1000 with her?

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
I've played RLE too many times to count, definitely must be a thousand by this point, but RLE Ultimate is the best challenge, we'll never get past Jean.

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
how does love work with jean? i mean, i reach 500 of love with her, but sometimes her love meter is 520 or 503, how can i reach 1000 with her?
You gotta keep at it, shes hard mode when it comes down to love, basically the problem is that jean does not respect zero so you gotta man up and fuck her silly while kissing and doing other love point exploits like that.
zero respect for zero.png

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
Ghostload & leathermax: Yeah. Amalur was a good alternative to Skyrim and single player WoW, to an extent. But what about Dragon's Dogma?

The one thing that I forget to do with Jubes...

I'll be in my bunk.

Goddammit. Stop contributing to breaking my kayfabe for disliking Jean. But of course Oni would have her cosplay as my main pick for Pokemon waifu wars. Pokemon Red and Blue were years before puberty kicked in, but 8-year-old me just know that Tomboy Outback would be my way of life.

So, between those two screens:

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
Goddammit. Stop contributing to breaking my kayfabe for disliking Jean. But of course Oni would have her cosplay as my main pick for Pokemon waifu wars. Pokemon Red and Blue were years before puberty kicked in, but 8-year-old me just know that Tomboy Outback would be my way of life.

I like all the girls, jean is a cunt and thats needed or else all the girls would be rogue, if you cant get past the bitchy attitude to get her to appreciate your ladylancing skills, then you dont deserve a psychic blowjob from misty.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Who else like me is playing/has finished Rogue Like Ultimate Edition? Thoughts on it?
I'm liking it much more than the base game, wish it could be an official mode on it.
her stats work different. her Love "stops" at 500, but the gains are actually stockpiled somewhere else. Raising obedience after a point and the stockpiled love slowly gets added to the full value, and with some more some of the gains go directly to it instead of to the stockpile.
So basically, her love is kinda capped by her obedience. Raise obedience to be able to raise love properly.
As someone brushin up on C++ to make a game and have taken a look at the other languages available; it is not entirely Oni's fault. Python is not designed or intuitive to game design, many things Rogue like does have to be jury rigged not entirely because Oni was learning on the fly but because Python does not support it. Layer on he is using renpy which has its own set of limitations, he really should just turn to unity and learn the bare minimum of C++ or C# or strap down and delve fully into C++ and using something like SDL.

P.S. Java is bad for games, at me... don't really it was a joke.
Why do you say Python is not a good language for games? Are you talking about speed/weight on the player's computer like Java (not to be confused with Javascript despite the similar names)?
Because I remember people arguying why it is a great language for games, years ago.

The issue here is that Oni is not using it properly.

Yes, he is using Ren'py code, but ren'py allows you to use actual python, with functions with arguments, objects with their values, arrays, etc. if you know what you are doing.

Can you make a basic visual novel with just what is there? Yes, you certainly can.
But Oni is clearly trying to do more advanced things, yet is keeping himself to using the default ren'py ways. That ends up in much more complex coding, something that is not really needed since ren'py allows you to use python codes anyway.
He is not limited because of ren'py, he is limited because he insists on being limited by the basic ren'py instead of using python itself.

And you can make complex games with ren'py, you don't need to jump to Unity.
Just look at games like DokiDoki Literature Club, which made plenty of complex systems even if the player won't be able to appreciate most of them. And also the fan mod Monika After Story.
And even here, Kunoichi Trainer has many mods made to be downloaded through being a patron. Something way out of the scope of Rogue-Like Evolution, since as Prime said some time ago just to add a choice to say "Hello There" and the girl to reply with "General Kenobi" would need you to change... forgot right now if 340 or 430 lines of code, but as you can see it is a ludicrous number of lines needed to change just for this.

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
I have appreciation for women having a certain level of bitchiness in person,
I like all the girls, jean is a cunt and thats needed or else all the girls would be rogue, if you cant get past the bitchy attitude to get her to appreciate your ladylancing skills, then you dont deserve a psychic blowjob from misty.
My last run was a Jean run.

I know the vibes.

Dittymyman

Feb 23, 2019
Why do you say Python is not a good language for games?
I was not saying python is bad for games, I was saying it is bad for Rogue Like. I do not believe there is a "right" choice to language. It is whatever the creator feels provides the best performance and tools, etc. Doki-Doki is a visual novel and renpy is a visual novel engine; Rogue Like is presented as a visual novel but has systems more akin to a simulator. Visual novels are linear by design where python exceeds. Rogue like being a simulator makes multiple calls and checks at multiple times during gameplay, nonlinear; that is something python does not do easily, more importantly conveniently. Where if the program was written in C++, C#, or java(javascript is more basic than java and I am not familiar enough with it to say it is better than python for this) you could compartmentalize many of the systems of Roguelike to make for easier calling. The game itself would also perform better.

you don't need to jump to Unity.
I personally hate unity, it is a bloated engine that many developers use out of convenience and not because they want to wrangle or understand it; I am absolutely NOT advocating for unity. That being said, I do not believe Oni would learn a new language to be able to use SDL2(A free 2d engine, with opengl support) so he could use unity because it is "accessible" and I know it supports 2d graphics.

This next bit is not directed towards anyone particular, please do not think I am ousting anyone. Love and Peace:

Oni has in fact been polishing his code, I know because I mod my game and have seen the changes. There is a lot of deserved and rightful anger and criticism of Oni. But I wanted to throw in my two cents and give him some credit; I could make a pretty long list of things I think are half assed in this game. But maybe instead of just dog piling dissatisfaction; people could coordinate and talk about how to make it better. Because every time someone says how messy and horrible the code is, you just scared away a potential modder. The basics needed to know how to mod Rogue Like are so minimum that anyone can do it. I am the chef Gusteau of coding, anyone can code. Doesn't mean everyone should but everyone can.

Anyway my rant is over, happy thanksgiving or happy end of November everybody

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
So you mod your own game wot mods dew you make?
Onis code has changed but he's still copy pasting too much shit in both ways.
I'm still mad at how dirty Oni did storms doggy, coulda made gorgeous as she had tons of fan suggestions nope just goes to c build and says I'm done guise :) frigging ridiculous

Reactions: MankoEater
Jul 3, 2019
Does anyone know how the reputation system works? In some playthroughs it works for me but most it doesn't and I don't know how to activate it. Does it actually do anything?

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
I have the duty of comunicating that, with the new games, this little treasure exists.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MankoEater
4.40 star(s) 149 Votes