Erebus69

Mar 28, 2019
I don't see how this counts as artificial bad code? I mean, it is not a bug, everyone who knows Ren'py knows there is rollback. It is even extra work to check if the player is doing anything involving this.
In fact, the reason I doubt this would ever be implemented is because it would require actual coding instead of Oni using ren'py's internal pseudo-code.

It is about a character whose whole premise is being meta to the work she is on - breaking the fourth wall in the comics, and of course going meta on a game.

...is it me or are you more against anything involving meta mechanics than on the fact I said it is possible to use them, and in fact some already do, if the developer puts the work into it?
If so, why did you quote me instead of the person I was quoting? And it was not even a mistaken quote, since you cut part of my message there.
you are too focused on the implementation and not the game play. I mean how would you like it if a developer intentionally BSOD a computer multiple times just to reveal a new char? Yes that's overly dramatic but pulling the rollback gag is that slippery slope. So for me this is the equivalent push back to pay to win skins and other abusive loot box practices

I love the concept of Alternate Reality gaming, deep easter eggs, secret quests, and russian doll stories/plots because that is evolving the meta game play for that player but having game play interruptions that could be encountered unintentionally during normal game play is bad form. There's also much better ways to evolve the gameplay without "breaking" the game. The dev should lead the player ex A strange interaction or main menu button appears leading to a strange effect leading to a prop hunt all while being able to play the normal game loop. All of which never removes the player's level of control of the game

I quoted you because you continued the conversation. Oh and for the record I didn't like when Akabur pulled a similar gag in princess trainer

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
...so you are saying you just dislike metagame jokes in games, and just took the first person that was into the conversation to complain about it despite giving no context for it yourself.

ignoring you now.

JaSteel

Oct 14, 2020
I'd say his favourite was Rogue. I mean, the name, the entire premise, the introduction are all about Rogue. Everyone else is kind of an afterthought, regardless of which is the order of his other favourites. She's also the most developed in branched dialogue, I dare to say, and the one with the best outfits.
Definitely Rogue. All of her visual actions and clothing options are complete in all poses. That all by itself speaks volumes.

Reactions: MisterDuck

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
"Mmmm, I love the smell of your lotion"
Dude lotion wrecks your dick from what I heard.. if you got a foreskin that's what keeps your penor feeling soft if not don't use lotion while yanking, use oils just saying (for those who don't got the skin tbh be careful you can hurt yourself)

Reactions: MisterDuck

SwoleSquid

Mar 29, 2021
Dude lotion wrecks your dick from what I heard.. if you got a foreskin that's what keeps your penor feeling soft if not don't use lotion while yanking, use oils just saying (for those who don't got the skin tbh be careful you can hurt yourself)
Good to know, I trust your insight on the matter, Semondemon. What kind of oils?

Jul 31, 2021
Really hoping Gwen wins the poll. Haven't had any problem with Oni's wriitng so far, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he handles her. That and the headpats. Maybe seeing people get pissed off at any 4th wall breaking too? Would be really funny to see tbh.

Reactions: MankoEater

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
Really hoping Gwen wins the poll. Haven't had any problem with Oni's wriitng so far, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he handles her. That and the headpats. Maybe seeing people get pissed off at any 4th wall breaking too? Would be really funny to see tbh.
M8 Gwen WILL win she's at 45%. I'm just holding my breath for the next update I really hope he edits/fixes things.

Reactions: MankoEater

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
I played enough DDLC to know what can happen.
Took me a while to figure out the acronym, but I'm familiar with enough yandere characters to also know what can happen; with or without a nice boat or, pink haired girls with invisible arms.

Damn, i dont want any of the girls to kill themeselves or go on a killing spree to get my zero juices.
Or have the childhood friend in the harem viciously stab you to death before your first girlfriend kills the childhood friend after the childhood friend said that she was pregnant with your child, but your first girlfriend confirms that she was lying by cutting open her womb, and the game ends by your first girlfriend cradles your severed head into her arms while sailing on her father's nice boat.

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
Took me a while to figure out the acronym, but I'm familiar with enough yandere characters to also know what can happen; with or without a nice boat or, pink haired girls with invisible arms.

Or have the childhood friend in the harem viciously stab you to death before your first girlfriend kills the childhood friend after the childhood friend said that she was pregnant with your child, but your first girlfriend confirms that she was lying by cutting open her womb, and the game ends by your first girlfriend cradles your severed head into her arms while sailing on her father's nice boat.
See, thats why i stick to games where you bone cute girls and headpat them.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes