primavera9925

Sep 28, 2020
Nearly 3k votes not as much enthusiasm for this vote apparently.
Gwen's at 45% so good chance she's gonna win, wonder what Oni will do to introduce her?
It'd be a nice touch if Poole had a secret method to be introduced earlier by reacting to metagaming, like rollbacking choices x times or reloading a save repeatedly. Maybe even have her forcibly invade a new game if you start it in the same game session of a playthrough where she loves you, with the outcome depending on whether you made her submissive or not. A yandere virus.

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
It'd be a nice touch if Poole had a secret method to be introduced earlier by reacting to metagaming, like rollbacking choices x times or reloading a save repeatedly. Maybe even have her forcibly invade a new game if you start it in the same game session of a playthrough where she loves you, with the outcome depending on whether you made her submissive or not. A yandere virus.
I like the ideas but this is oni we're talking about sadly ain't gonna happen.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
I thought while writing that my ambitious prediction was too much work for Oni, but for yours it will probably take at least one year, just the introduction without any sexy time or he will quit making games forever due to overwork by his standards.

But yeah, it's a neat idea.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
I'm not sure if that would ever be possible.
Pretty sure it is, if you look into it enough.
Some games disable rollbacks, so you can probably set it to call a function when rollback is used too. With it you can activate a "detector".
And there are games with persistent files - I myself enjoy time loops, and that's basically what they are about.

But... that would probably require coding in actual python, and pretty sure Oni avoids doing much of it and jerry-rigs it through ren'py's internal code instead.

...anyone here suggests some time loop games from here, by the way?

Sep 10, 2022
Likely how she'll get introduced, just continuing on from that.
That seems like a weird choice considering it can be extremely easy for someone to just never meet her due to the fact that they don't know that you have to get a blowjob from Laura to trigger the easter egg. Also if this were the case if someone already triggered the easter egg (because I'm pretty sure it's a one time thing in a save) that would likely just mean that she would never spawn or her story would just continue without the player even knowing. (until they see her of course)... That would be a neat way to start though.

Reactions: MankoEater
Feb 10, 2020
That seems like a weird choice considering it can be extremely easy for someone to just never meet her due to the fact that they don't know that you have to get a blowjob from Laura to trigger the easter egg. Also if this were the case if someone already triggered the easter egg (because I'm pretty sure it's a one time thing in a save) that would likely just mean that she would never spawn or her story would just continue without the player even knowing. (until they see her of course)... That would be a neat way to start though.
This is Oni

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
It's not hard to prevent that kind of issues. Dev is experienced enough to add fail safes for every kind of player if he wants. I agree with Evil13, he'll probably introduce her after that scene. Game's play style is not build on you have to meet this or do that, for example in one playthrough I played two months without meeting Emma, by not going in her class. Yeah you miss Storm and Jean too, but you can still play how you want it.

Reactions: Helivesoncemore

Kungoru

Jul 10, 2018
I mean she can still just appear after Jubes (let's say a couple days after her first appearance) during a random sex scene, not necessarily Laura and not necessarily BJ. That way we can still get a "quirky scene" with her and Oni won't have to completely rewrite it. I guess he will have to write a lot of dialogue for other girls but that mf will probably just write one generic scene for everyone else and leave Laura's as it is. It's not like this game doesn't have a ton of cryptic content that half community never even heard of.

SwoleSquid

Mar 29, 2021
I mean she can still just appear after Jubes (let's say a couple days after her first appearance) during a random sex scene, not necessarily Laura and not necessarily BJ. That way we can still get a "quirky scene" with her and Oni won't have to completely rewrite it. I guess he will have to write a lot of dialogue for other girls but that mf will probably just write one generic scene for everyone else and leave Laura's as it is. It's not like this game doesn't have a ton of cryptic content that half community never even heard of.
That'd be a fun way to do it, like each new save file would have a different scene she would interrupt.

It'd be insane, but that fits for Deadpool

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes