JaSteel

Oct 14, 2020
How long does Oni usually take to add a girl to the game? Didn't keep an eye on the last few cuz I didn't care, but since it's Gwen, I'd like to know.
A little under a year. I first downloaded the game right after Laura (fourth girl) was added, in the first half of 2020. He just finished Jubes, the third girl since that time. So, about 10 months per girl?

Reactions: MisterDuck

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
That'd be a fun way to do it, like each new save file would have a different scene she would interrupt.

It'd be insane, but that fits for Deadpool
Nah that would be lady deadpool, gwenpool is her own OC.
deadpool corps.jpg
Trust me you dont want lady deadpool.

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
I still think the introduction to Gwen has to be changed somewhat. Until now, girl's introductions have been getting more stuff to make entire conversations with different outcomes depending on what you choose, whereas Gwen's intro was just a funny haha lol shit with mostly nothing of worth.
Also, forcing you to meet a character after having progressed far enough with another one to get a bj is trash, it limits a lot how you wanna play. If it ever ends up happening like that, tho, I'd be pleading to Prime to change her intro somehow to avoid condition.

primavera9925

Sep 28, 2020
I still think the introduction to Gwen has to be changed somewhat. Until now, girl's introductions have been getting more stuff to make entire conversations with different outcomes depending on what you choose, whereas Gwen's intro was just a funny haha lol shit with mostly nothing of worth.
Also, forcing you to meet a character after having progressed far enough with another one to get a bj is trash, it limits a lot how you wanna play. If it ever ends up happening like that, tho, I'd be pleading to Prime to change her intro somehow to avoid condition.
Couldn't agree more, the more open-ended the better.

Oct 21, 2019
I'm actually curious who is Oni's favorite? Rogue? Kitty? Emma? Laura? Jean? <--- I know it's not that just putting it there for the sake of naming off everyone. Storm? or Jubilee? I myself find Laura to be my favorite 2nd would be Rogue.

fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017
so whats the latest Android update? 0998? if so where is it, can't seem to find it on the main page
yessensitiveusername(dot)blogspot.com/2022/11/rogue-like-evolution-v0999e.html?m=1

Sensitive username has the port of 0999e
Him,brandy and dark assassin have their blogpost for the Android ports.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
About Gwen's intro, there could be more points of intro added besides Laura's BJ. Like on the other girls. Not like the scene repeats, so it clearly has a trigger warning the game that it was already seen, just use the same trigger in other places.

And, if you meet her without triggering any of those, he can make her comment on it too. Then activate the trigger so you don't meet her again in any of those scenes.

I guess the best option would be making her appear on each girl's bowjob scene, making it consistent enough that when she does show up she can complain that you never made them give you one so she could watch - thus pointing out her personal preference about them. Plus being a voyeur, meaning she would probably never just turn away if she enters a room where you are with another girl like the others do if your stats are not high enough.

rewarding bad coding is a horrible practice for both the gamer and developer. Oh sorry your game crashed here's 5 COD points to spend on your premiere bundle for 100,000 COD points
I'm sorry, what? Your quote really didn't fit your message, I think.

I mean, my message that you quoted was that, if you know how to code python well enough, someone can use metagame things in ren'py like rollback to trigger a scene.
And after that, where you cut off, I said that from the code we saw Oni does not know how to code python well enough.

Where did you get "rewarding bad coding" from that?

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
I'm actually curious who is Oni's favorite? Rogue? Kitty? Emma? Laura? Jean? <--- I know it's not that just putting it there for the sake of naming off everyone.
But what if his favorite actually is Jean and that making portraying her as a stuck-up bitch is his roundabout way of expressing his infatuation with bitchy women? ...and gingers?

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
But what if his favorite actually is Jean and that making portraying her as a stuck-up bitch is his roundabout way of expressing his infatuation with bitchy women? ...and gingers?
That would be great I think, that would mean the girls he personally likes would get more interesting mechanics too.
But I think he already said once he hates Jean?

I think his favorite of the cast would be Kitty (no surprise, everyone loves Kitty). She was the second one he added, Rogue having the mechanics and original idea advantage, and I doubt he had a pool already at the time? making her a personal choice of his.

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
That would be great I think, that would mean the girls he personally likes would get more interesting mechanics too.
But I think he already said once he hates Jean?
Yeah, he did, and so have I at earlier pots. But since I've learned to appreciate her sas in order to access that ass, I'm asking, what if it's a ruse at this point and that his "hatred" towards her is no longer applicable?

I'm thinkin' that Oni has a taste for bitches.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: salscou

Erebus69

Mar 28, 2019
I'm sorry, what? Your quote really didn't fit your message, I think.

I mean, my message that you quoted was that, if you know how to code python well enough, someone can use metagame things in ren'py like rollback to trigger a scene.
And after that, where you cut off, I said that from the code we saw Oni does not know how to code python well enough.

Where did you get "rewarding bad coding" from that?
rewarding a player after artificially using bad code is the same as rewarding a player for the developer's real bad code. The logical extension of that reward is to give away meta points. Oh hey guys theres a logic bug that I'm too lazy or unable solve so I will give some in game gold/dollars/credits/meta points but please keep buying my game and supporting me on Patreon, Subscribestar, and Onlyfans.

Its also bad gaming to remove the player from the actual game.

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
I'm actually curious who is Oni's favorite? Rogue? Kitty? Emma? Laura? Jean? <--- I know it's not that just putting it there for the sake of naming off everyone. Storm? or Jubilee? I myself find Laura to be my favorite 2nd would be Rogue.
I'd say his favourite was Rogue. I mean, the name, the entire premise, the introduction are all about Rogue. Everyone else is kind of an afterthought, regardless of which is the order of his other favourites. She's also the most developed in branched dialogue, I dare to say, and the one with the best outfits.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
rewarding a player after artificially using bad code is the same as rewarding a player for the developer's real bad code. The logical extension of that reward is to give away meta points. Oh hey guys theres a logic bug that I'm too lazy or unable solve so I will give some in game gold/dollars/credits/meta points but please keep buying my game and supporting me on Patreon, Subscribestar, and Onlyfans.

Its also bad gaming to remove the player from the actual game.
I don't see how this counts as artificial bad code? I mean, it is not a bug, everyone who knows Ren'py knows there is rollback. It is even extra work to check if the player is doing anything involving this.
In fact, the reason I doubt this would ever be implemented is because it would require actual coding instead of Oni using ren'py's internal pseudo-code.

It is about a character whose whole premise is being meta to the work she is on - breaking the fourth wall in the comics, and of course going meta on a game.

...is it me or are you more against anything involving meta mechanics than on the fact I said it is possible to use them, and in fact some already do, if the developer puts the work into it?
If so, why did you quote me instead of the person I was quoting? And it was not even a mistaken quote, since you cut part of my message there.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes