salscou

Apr 14, 2020
This is incorrect, Ren'Py doesn't strip comments from rpy files when compiling them into rpyc. However, Oni may be using an IDE that does. I'm more inclined to think that he just doesn't comment his code, as evidenced by the state of his code.
Did he code get any better in 1.0?
Our silvery friend told us an actual coder was helping oni this time.

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
Did he code get any better in 1.0?
Our silvery friend told us an actual coder was helping oni this time.
"Help" is relative. Could be advice, could be literal coding. Oni's just too cheap or too broke to subcontract it out to someone to unfuck years of less than ideal practices...

Reactions: vireker

primavera9925

Sep 28, 2020
If all you want is to bang twins in the game
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Gwen Stacy, is in fact, Gwen Poole, or as I’ve recently taken to calling her, Gwenpool. Gwen Stacy is not a character unto herself, but rather another component of a fully functioning Marvel universe made useful by variant covers comprising a full cosplay bait as defined by comic book conventions.

Reactions: UnsavouryPursuits

Armagedon13

May 24, 2018
This is incorrect, Ren'Py doesn't strip comments from rpy files when compiling them into rpyc. However, Oni may be using an IDE that does. I'm more inclined to think that he just doesn't comment his code, as evidenced by the state of his code.
Really? Because I see some others modders that the documentation is in the vanilla code, I think the commented code is omitted by the compiler like c, c++, and maybe think oni can do something good with the code and document it and now I know is not, thanks for the teaching prime.

Alt-0069

Aug 27, 2017
Really? Because I see some others modders that the documentation is in the vanilla code, I think the commented code is omitted by the compiler like c, c++, and maybe think oni can do something good with the code and document it and now I know is not, thanks for the teaching prime.
Yeah maybe but that doesn't except the first issue about is code.
It's absolutly not sorted.
Andafter a little more reviewing of his code, using class like he do is very inefficient.
Child class are better in many ways to treat with exception than including "if" statement in a class.
I don't say you can't include "if" but making a class "GirlClass" and including "if" and "elif" for each character is worst than creating a child class for each character. Then you can manage each character one by one more efficiently.

Reactions: cjalex111

prime559

Apr 21, 2017
Here's an apk of 1.0. It's essentially unmodified (except for a few code tweaks to make it play nice with android). It will install over my previous releases of the vanilla game, however saves are no longer compatible since Oni introduced the female protagonist. If the game tries to autoload a save when opening, just go to the main menu and start a new game.

Unmodified Base Game Android Apk of 1.0
- -
Not Compatible with previous saves

Caesarius

Jun 1, 2017
Can't argue with that; I'll put defending Rogue on the list of things to do
Any chance you could look into the code around starting to date a second girl behind your first girlfriend's back? I remembered the option existing a while back and spent a while scrounging around for it in the code, but despite finding it I can only seem to access it in one particular set of circumstances where it's irrelevant anyways (you go to break up with a girl, say it's for another girl, and you can say that you'll keep your original relationship on the downlow... but it doesn't affect anything. You just end up polyamorously with both girls.)
As it stands, when you try to ask out another girl without permission from the first one, the new one just says "That wouldn't be fair to X," and girls won't ask you out until your current girlfriend has had the "I noticed you getting cozy with X lately" event, regardless of their stats.
I'm assuming it might have been removed due to not wanting to write the code to support multiple ongoing cheating relationships, but I could be wrong about that, I was able to find the dialogue in the files but not necessarily understand it lmao.

Anyway just a thought, obviously it's your time to spend, but it was a neat feature, and it not being available now when it definitely used to be has been kinda baffling me.

Kungoru

Jul 10, 2018
Here's an apk of 1.0. It's essentially unmodified (except for a few code tweaks to make it play nice with android). It will install over my previous releases of the vanilla game, however saves are no longer compatible since Oni introduced the female protagonist. If the game tries to autoload a save when opening, just go to the main menu and start a new game.

Unmodified Base Game Android Apk of 1.0
PixelDrain - -
Not Compatible with previous saves
Prime I am very drunk rn But i wanted to say thank you for the shit your are doing. I hope life treats you well because this is the least you deserve

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Gwen Stacy, is in fact, Gwen Poole, or as I’ve recently taken to calling her, Gwenpool. Gwen Stacy is not a character unto herself, but rather another component of a fully functioning Marvel universe made useful by variant covers comprising a full cosplay bait as defined by comic book conventions.
And you're the king of shit post mountain!

MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
Mega

Motherfucker updates the game just as I finish updating my modded game. . .
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm curious about this mod, since I and numerous others quite liked your Jubilee sex mod, and I have the following questions:

1. Can you rename the file to indicate which version of the main game it is for?

2. Also, does this interfere with the Prime mod (I understand that the Prime mod is still in the process of being updated)?

3. If not, which version of your mod is for 999e(which is the last version the Prime mod is compatible with), if any?

Last edited:

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
Okay...
We need to talk about the code of this game.
To justify why I say that: I'm in engineering school for computer science. I don't really know how to code in Renpy but I know a lot about Python, C, C++ ...

Today I wanted to start to code my own Renpy game and I decide to analyse "Rogue-like:Evolution" code to learn how Renpy work (instead of using tutorial I found too long for the quantity of things I already know about programming).

And... my man...the code of this game seems good but the global work is shitty AF !

Two main issues for me:
1) Organisation: why can I find some "ProfessorX" functions in a file called "RogueDialogues" ?!
2) where are the comment ?! Seriously comment are not only for others they are also for the guy who make the code ! If you take a break of 2 mounths and forgetthings abouthow your code work how do you know what is the purposeof each line ? Simple: you waste 2 days to read your own work.

Gasp! This game's code is a mess? I don't believe it! xD

Dittymyman

Feb 23, 2019
I'm curious about this mod, since I and numerous others quite liked your Jubilee sex mod, and I have the following questions:

1. Can you rename the file to indicate which version of the main game it is for?

2. Also, does this interfere with the Prime mod (I understand that the Prime mod is still in the process of being updated)?

3. If not, which version of your mod is for 999e(which is the last version the Prime mod is compatible with), if any?
This is not a mod; it is a modded version of the game. So prime mod will only work if you went in and tweaked whatever it overwrites. To that extent no mod is compatible unless tweaked to

Dittymyman

Feb 23, 2019
Any chance you could look into the code around starting to date a second girl behind your first girlfriend's back?..
With Oni there is a good chance it is still in the game but isn't firing off correctly and on the other hand it is possible it got removed when he rewrote something. I am going to lean towards the first; its also possible that the requirements for the check to be met are very specific. There are quite a few checks in the game that never get met because the player will almost never do the things to meet the requirements

Reactions: BloodyRelight
4.40 star(s) 148 Votes