DarkKingRen

May 30, 2017
"Stop sucking my dick! I want spiderman!"
We get Otto as a professor and he can act as an antagonist as this game finally gets a plot. Also maybe any version of female spiderman. We could get the female otto from the spiderverse movie in oni style. Would make banging the enemy way more fun

• Thinking Face
Reactions: armond

SwoleSquid

Mar 29, 2021
Oh damn, that was my favourite kitty pose, and youre telling me that its better now?
Good news!
Good taste! I wonder if this means Oni is planning on working on adding that to all the tj's. I think some girls didn't start with the "lick" option either, so that might be in the works too. Though I'd rather have new art for the jankier poses personally

Reactions: Helivesoncemore

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
As for your later half: "I wish the game had more stuff to do" is what everyone has been wanting for years now. But Oni is hell bent on "adding new characters" being essentially the focus. He has been doing it for years and earning over 5k a month to do it.

It is what it is. The gameplay cycle of Rogue Like has literally not evolved at all in over 5 years. I don't think it ever will at this point.
Oni is, was, and probably always will be an artist first and a coder second. Expecting more complexity from the game systems with Oni as sole dev is on par with expecting Forrest Gump to give up shrimping and go get a Phd... not saying it's impossible, but definitely improbable. Maybe one of the mods for the game will do this eventually, but none of them really seem concerned with it. Oni more likely to just keep drawing ladies, so maybe we get Wanda by 2028?

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
Oni is, was, and probably always will be an artist first and a coder second. Expecting more complexity from the game systems with Oni as sole dev is on par with expecting Forrest Gump to give up shrimping and go get a Phd... not saying it's impossible, but definitely improbable. Maybe one of the mods for the game will do this eventually, but none of them really seem concerned with it. Oni more likely to just keep drawing ladies, so maybe we get Wanda by 2028?
This excuse worked back when this game started.
This is a project that gets more funding than most commercial games. He makes over 60k a year from this and has no expenses other than his personal ones.

He could easily afford to hire someone professional to go over simple renpy code at least once every iteration. Rogue-like is not a complex game. It doesn't need someone working full time.

Personally, I bought the excuse of "pride" that he gave years ago and how he wants the game to be "his project". But now we are over 6 years down the line and I just think it is greed at this point.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes