slith333

Oct 22, 2017
There's something magical and ironic in the way that, for 7 years, this game has inched forward in repetitive content and this thread has inched forward in repetitive arguments. "It's been three months and all that was added was (x)?!" "Where is the changelog?" "Game sux, dev too slow." "If you don't like it don't come in the thread, please take my dollars oni-san~~~"

Timeless. Comforting. Predictable. Ouroboric.

MacqDaddy

Dec 1, 2019
But the real point is...it's still going. Which is more than can be said of a shit-ton of games that never make it to even one update.

It's easy for any dev to fuck off and quit on something. I'll admit I have at least a shred of respect for those that stick it out even if the results aren't always the most impressive things out there.

LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
I worked in a subway seven years ago, got one free sandwich if I worked six hours or longer after eating me free junk I developed stomach problems. Long story short don't buy fast food, cook your own meals.
Fast food is fine but only in moderation. You can't get away with eating that stuff every day or every other day for years without developing health problems because of it.

Reactions: nanaba101

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fast food is fine but only in moderation. You can't get away with eating that stuff every day or every other day for years without developing health problems because of it.
Bullshit. Fake news. America is proof. Go hug some trees and save some whales, we're eating bacon cheesburgers daily and ribeyes with loaded baked potatoes at night. Thank you very much. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
Bullshit. Fake news. America is proof. Go hug some trees and save some whales, we're eating bacon cheesburgers daily and ribeyes with loaded baked potatoes at night. Thank you very much. :ROFLMAO:
Hey those are good it's eating McDonald's that'll kill ya (that isn't a beef patty lmao)

Reactions: RiloLaki

RiloLaki

May 16, 2022
Hey those are good it's eating McDonald's that'll kill ya (that isn't a beef patty lmao)
But...but the song!!!

"Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun!"

Did McDonald's lie to us in the 70's?! Say it isn't so!!

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
'dem fries is guud
Make your own fries they're quite simple and you can add whatever you want to em (it's legit cut em up theres devices you can buy to get the shape you're familiar with lube them up and chuck them into the oven bam done)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Make your own fries they're quite simple and you can add whatever you want to em (it's legit cut em up theres devices you can buy to get the shape you're familiar with lube them up and chuck them into the oven bam done)
Brother, I'm a Texan, we're born with grilling/cooking knowledge from the get-go. Just sayin', oven fries are "ok" but deep-fried in peanut oil is divine. No substitute or proper fat and cholesterol. I make award-winning briskets and steaks all the time... Houston Rodeo cookoff approved and verified. I got this nailed down.

Reactions: zaid97

AlayaScyra

Nov 20, 2019
So... do I have to do the Charles blackmail with each and every character? Because unless there is an error on my end, he calls me to his office every time I do something in public with a girl I haven't done that quest with.

Reactions: zaid97

Toybirdy

Oct 11, 2017
kinda wish oni would finish a new character in new updates insetad of releasing her with just one action which uis handjob. the touch mechanic is kidna boring AF oni is gonan milk gwen every new update one action will be release liek next one will be boobjob it will take 4 updates till gwen is completly done...

Reactions: zaid97 and MKDude

mbRjpZLD

Apr 28, 2017
america is proof you can't get away with it, so many overweight/fat people over there lol. I can always spot the American tourists because they're 90kg+

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
I'm gonna drop a hot take on how Oni releases girls: I'm fine with him releasing them in 3 stages; first with the whole body, clothes and shit but no actions other than handjob. Second, all the 'job positions, and third, all the sex positions. Now, I'm fine with this on paper, because this system, supposedly, works to get feedback on the girl. "Hey, Gwen's face is shit, make it slender", or stuff like that, which he can do easier with less positions to correct.
That should be the theory, at least. On practice, we all know the ol' tale of the lazy Oni and Momotaro, or some shit, right?

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
I'm gonna drop a hot take on how Oni releases girls: I'm fine with him releasing them in 3 stages; first with the whole body, clothes and shit but no actions other than handjob. Second, all the 'job positions, and third, all the sex positions. Now, I'm fine with this on paper, because this system, supposedly, works to get feedback on the girl. "Hey, Gwen's face is shit, make it slender", or stuff like that, which he can do easier with less positions to correct.
That should be the theory, at least. On practice, we all know the ol' tale of the lazy Oni and Momotaro, or some shit, right?
Wait a year for a new grill or at least eight months.

Jul 4, 2017
But the real point is...it's still going. Which is more than can be said of a shit-ton of games that never make it to even one update.

It's easy for any dev to fuck off and quit on something. I'll admit I have at least a shred of respect for those that stick it out even if the results aren't always the most impressive things out there.
I mean, is it really better to take in hundreds of thousands of dollars from people for years, while continuing to deliver half-baked and repetitive content that exists solely to keep people financially invested in their patreon subscription?

You can respect the capitalist hustle in getting paid that much money for that amount of work. Not sure work ethic is the respectable part of that equation, though.

armond

Apr 26, 2020
I mean, is it really better to take in hundreds of thousands of dollars from people for years, while continuing to deliver half-baked and repetitive content that exists solely to keep people financially invested in their patreon subscription?

You can respect the capitalist hustle in getting paid that much money for that amount of work. Not sure work ethic is the respectable part of that equation, though.
Any sort of crowd funding or donation platform is a speculative gamble for both the consumer and creator, speculation of a product and speculation of and audience, if one exist without the other things fall apart. Its like an uroboros doing math and meth on a tredmill. If this makes little sense, I just woke up:coffee:

Sartain

Jul 4, 2017

Patronage is completely voluntary and to me, it seems pretty backwards logic that any developer should be considered directly accountable for whether or not their patrons give them money. The whole point of crowdfunding like this is to give consumers, as well as developers, agency. Developers develop, and if potential consumers like what they see, they can back or not as they see fit. If people don't think the content is worth the price they voluntarily paying each month, they really should just cancel the payment.

4.40 star(s) 147 Votes