RiloLaki

May 16, 2022
Rogue's ass. hhow did that get ok for 90's kids tv and Spider-man couldn't be shown PUNCHING someone? lol
Read (or saw) an interview with the artists/animators who tossed as much cheesecake in as they could just to see what would slip through. They did Rouge's ass justice purposely as the heroes our young impressionable minds needed, and were often shocked themselves by what got though the censors.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: salscou

RiloLaki

May 16, 2022
What got through the censors that shocked them so much? Besides Rogue's ass.
Don't remember, it was _years_ ago - Rogue's tits & ass were the big (pun!) talking points, though. I think the concentration camp scene in Days of Future Past was one, along with a lot of Gambit & Rogue's lines - together & on their own.

Sadly, Seasons 3-5 were more heavily "critiqued" (and thus censored) due to national politics, FOX airing the show in Prime Time in some areas (which gets an even stronger look by the censors), and the burgeoning BullShit & Piss that eventually took effect in '97.

Wait, it was called "Broadcast Standards & Practices? I call BullShit & Piss on that.

1702155446278.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Exocrine

MK78

Modder
Dec 23, 2017
Ah Saints Row 3 & 4, possibly some of just the funnest games I've ever played. Completely silly, and over the top, and they basked in it GLORIOUSLY. So many great moments. Keith David and Roddy roddie Piper? check. Burt Renolds? Check. The music tracks for the last boss fights for both games? Perfect. I really hope someone buys the volition IP's and keeps them going. unless of course the newest one didn't have the same spirit as 3 & 4, anyways.
As a big SR Fan i will have to say i absolutley loved SR 4! But the best in the Franchise was and will be forever part 2 to me. My list from best to worst is 2,4,1,3 and then The Reboot, wich was in some parts cool because it was more like two especialy in Character Creation unfortunatly they had to go kill everything else with the hipster garbage they had to put in and the technical problems where the final nail in the coffin. Too Bad that it killed Volition too, but they where warned many times before.

Reactions: RiloLaki

blarg0192

Mar 10, 2018
As a big SR Fan i will have to say i absolutley loved SR 4! But the best in the Franchise was and will be forever part 2 to me. My list from best to worst is 2,4,1,3 and then The Reboot, wich was in some parts cool because it was more like two especialy in Character Creation unfortunatly they had to go kill everything else with the hipster garbage they had to put in and the technical problems where the final nail in the coffin. Too Bad that it killed Volition too, but they where warned many times before.
2 was incredible, it was hilarious, but it also wasn't afraid to be serious

Deepsea

Apr 20, 2017
100% disagree. Saints Row was seen (rightfully or not, that's how it was) as a competent but uninspired GTA clone within a massive ocean of such clones (depending on the platform - some versions were prone to crashing so were "less competent"). If the brand/IP were to survive it required a new direction, and Volition were masters at sci-fi story telling prior to SR. This shift helped SR3 to sell nearly twice the copies as SR2 and saved the IP even as its publisher was falling apart around it.
If you put it out to a large enough time frame, Violition were essentially copying what GTA was doing. SR1 is a straight clone, ala Vice City. With GTA 4 coming out, they doubled down on the interactivity for 2. Being able to rob stores, all the mini games you could do, even the customization and silly yet serious story. GTA 4 went all realism and forgot what having fun was about, even if Roman kept pestering you about bowling.
The interesting thing is SR3 was the next leap but they copied again from GTA 4 instead of improving the formula from SR2. The result was a kind of culture shock which could be it's own entry yet seemed to forget SR2 entirely. They then expanded the sillyness again by adding in superpowers. But that's where it stopped. Violition afterwards made Gat out of Hell which was supposed to be a DLC for 4 expanded into it's own game, Agents of Mayhem chasing the arena shooter trend and finally the modern SR Reboot that killed the studio.
Volition were always trend chasers, the sad thing is they kinda perfected a sandbox with SR2, yet the upgrade patch for that languishes in dev hell.

Rogue Tax:
Tax.jpg

armond

Apr 26, 2020
If you put it out to a large enough time frame, Violition were essentially copying what GTA was doing. SR1 is a straight clone, ala Vice City. With GTA 4 coming out, they doubled down on the interactivity for 2. Being able to rob stores, all the mini games you could do, even the customization and silly yet serious story. GTA 4 went all realism and forgot what having fun was about, even if Roman kept pestering you about bowling.
The interesting thing is SR3 was the next leap but they copied again from GTA 4 instead of improving the formula from SR2. The result was a kind of culture shock which could be it's own entry yet seemed to forget SR2 entirely. They then expanded the sillyness again by adding in superpowers. But that's where it stopped. Violition afterwards made Gat out of Hell which was supposed to be a DLC for 4 expanded into it's own game, Agents of Mayhem chasing the arena shooter trend and finally the modern SR Reboot that killed the studio.
Volition were always trend chasers, the sad thing is they kinda perfected a sandbox with SR2, yet the upgrade patch for that languishes in dev hell.

Rogue Tax:
View attachment 3161106
It reminds me of eidos and io interactive with kayne and lynch, or the payday games they wanted to be a Michael Mann movie but were only ever aping his style. Like how null hypnosis copied Rogue-Like, which I would say was a better example of successfully imitating and iterating.

Laritas

Jul 10, 2023
Because it's good, people like it and it keeps expanding. If you don't like it, you don't have to play it. It's not like it costs anyone money here.

H2R

Jul 9, 2020
how do I unlock each of the characters? and for frost I can't do anything with her no matter what I do to her stats

May 27, 2020
Is there anyway to see the ladies standing up in their shoes? I saw Jubilee at the pool when she was sneaking up on me for sexytime, and then winded up in the background by the bushes, but trying to see if I can see any other girls in their footwear?

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes