BadThingsHere

Mar 15, 2021
is there any way to (either by using mods or commands) lock a certain stat from going up or down, like love or submission, I know there is a mod to change them in real time but is there any way to lock them in place?
I used Unren to extract the rpy files, I changed the code to my hearts content, now the changes don't reflect in the game, do I need to recompress them or recompile the game again?

lambda

May 30, 2017
This is a good game but he delays the updates tot much, 1 update per month would be the minimum acceptable with what he gets on patreon.
Usually, I don't leave comments, but this time I guess I should. I'll tell you what's going on with all these game developers on Patreon.

Let's imagine that you are a developer of a small game (like this one) from Eastern Europe. At first, your game is not very popular, and the number of paid subscribers on Patreon is not large. You try to release frequent content updates to keep the audience interested. At first, your income from Patreon is not high, it barely covers your expenses for coffee. But over time, the project becomes more popular, the number of subscribers increases, income grows, and now you are already earning several average salaries per month. At some point you realize that you no longer need to release regular updates to retain your audience. For this reason, most Patreon developers sooner or later talk about “family problems”, “existential crises”, “illnesses” and so on.

To make it clearer, let's talk about numbers. Here, in post-Soviet countries, our average salary is 350-400 dollars per month. I think you understand what happens to a developer who “works” in the complete absence of deadlines and any requirements, and at the same time receives 6-7 monthly salaries out of nowhere. It's like cheating for money.

Affogado

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Usually, I don't leave comments, but this time I guess I should. I'll tell you what's going on with all these game developers on Patreon.

Let's imagine that you are a developer of a small game (like this one) from Eastern Europe. At first, your game is not very popular, and the number of paid subscribers on Patreon is not large. You try to release frequent content updates to keep the audience interested. At first, your income from Patreon is not high, it barely covers your expenses for coffee. But over time, the project becomes more popular, the number of subscribers increases, income grows, and now you are already earning several average salaries per month. At some point you realize that you no longer need to release regular updates to retain your audience. For this reason, most Patreon developers sooner or later talk about “family problems”, “existential crises”, “illnesses” and so on.

To make it clearer, let's talk about numbers. Here, in post-Soviet countries, our average salary is 350-400 dollars per month. I think you understand what happens to a developer who “works” in the complete absence of deadlines and any requirements, and at the same time receives 6-7 monthly salaries out of nowhere. It's like cheating for money.
Sounds like capitalism is a corruptive influence. I can't wait to sell out.

Eland51298

Aug 19, 2022

Man where do you live? I'm almost sure that even in Belarus the average salary is higher than this 400 dollars

MrNewVegas2281

May 26, 2023

I would say it's the natural end result of most Patreon projects to become never ending developments, because the Patreon model is built around keeping a project going for as long as possible so the income well stays filled. Why would most people keep paying a developer for a finished product?

RiloLaki

May 16, 2022
Sounds like capitalism is a corruptive influence. I can't wait to sell out.
Sounds more like you're jealous that the dev is using Capitalism, as it's intended, to work smarter and not harder for personal success. No-one has to give him money, just as no-one has to sit on their duff doing nothing (like myself!) rather than starting their own project & patreon.

Affogado

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Sounds more like you're jealous that the dev is using Capitalism, as it's intended, to work smarter and not harder for personal success. No-one has to give him money, just as no-one has to sit on their duff doing nothing (like myself!) rather than starting their own project & patreon.
I'm not jealous, I find it inspirational. If people are giving the dev money, then he's providing something they want... or at the very least, is banking on a promise, and isn't that just what marketing is all about?

RiloLaki

May 16, 2022
I'm not jealous, I find it inspirational. If people are giving the dev money, then he's providing something they want... or at the very least, is banking on a promise, and isn't that just what marketing is all about?
Eh, less about "banking on a promise" and more "banking on an idea". Never make promises in your marketing, else you just open yourself to criticism/lawsuits/etc.

Rich Corinthian Leather & Blast Processing, anyone?

In any case, if this game inspires you, then I look forward to seeing "Game Developer" under your pseudonym in the future:) Me? I'm too lazy with too huge a backlog to do that:eek:

...Obligatory Rogue + "Rich Corinthian Leather" images:
1703041868361.png 1703041921901.png

Laritas

Jul 10, 2023
There used to be an Android version,why isn't there now?
I don't know if there was an Android version in the vanilla version, but the mod version of Prime includes an Android version (included in the main package alongside the Win/Linux version).
Plus more content (things you can do) and fewer bugs.
https://f95zone.to/threads/rogue-like-evolution-prime-mod.99576/

or here directly the user post with the mod links
https://f95zone.to/threads/rogue-like-evolution-prime-mod.99576/post-11751218
gofile.io is still working, files.fm is now offline.

The package includes the game complete with the mod. The all-round carefree package.

EDIT:
Don't confuse. The download leads to a user post with the mod for game version 1.4e. Even if the main post still says 1.3d.

safadobr

Jun 14, 2017

I understand that, he's clearly stalling updates to make money doing nothing. What I don't understand is why people don't stop paying. More than 3 months to release more content in a already "completed" game, he only needs to do more of the same, a single scene or something,it is just absurd, but I know most people are also very stupid.

Mariohhhhhh

May 24, 2022
I understand that, he's clearly stalling updates to make money doing nothing. What I don't understand is why people don't stop paying. More than 3 months to release more content in a already "completed" game, he only needs to do more of the same, a single scene or something,it is just absurd, but I know most people are also very stupid.
you dont understand people paying for nothing? Do you know billions of people pay for dlcs in games that they can unlock for free cus a lot of dls are already lock in the game base and paying for them it unlock them, even thought they can unluck them for free from the game files?

Jun 8, 2017
How would you even "finish" this game since it's sandbox? The only thing I can think of maybe is an item like a "wedding ring" or activating a dialog option that lets you a short epilogue of Zero ending up with the girl you pick, like in "Love Sex and Second Base" or "Glassx." Maybe make the event take place the next day so you have time to give all the girls the "end-game item" for a harem ending.

And hopefully, the game kept track of how many creampies you gave each girl for those who are a fan of impregnation/pregnancy content that has a scene at the end of the girl being preggo.

Reactions: Exocrine
4.40 star(s) 149 Votes