sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Instead there is no evidence that Oni makes any effort to make his life or workflow easier.
There is. You can see it in the code changes. A lot of the flags for the character were one off flags before. He's since moved them to OOP. This current partial update being broken? That's because he's re-writing some of the function to take advantage of inheritance. Even in just up keeping the linux version of SLDR's cheat enabler, I've had to change the code from using regex patterns to search for copy and pasted code to changing it to look for just one line of code because he started to take advantage of templating.

You don't see any evidence because you didn't bother to look.

"Well, then why do modders have a hard time?"
Have you ever tried to make an automated way to modify external code without it caring for what you do while it's in the middle of being refactored? Modding is a precarious thing to begin with. You're *MODIFYING* the game in ways it was never intended. When you're writing mods for a game that's in active development, unless the game is guaranteeing a solid interface for data manipulation in the back end (which, to my knowledge, no game has ever done this. No, not even MMORPG's. I've checked.) and/or front end manipulation, you will ALWAYS be trying to hit a moving target. Hell, even Microsoft's own API's for their cloud platform has changed their commands, syntax, and parameters. Creating new ones and deprecating old ones. Like, I need to find time to rewrite ALL my chrome plugins because google decided it wanted to block adblockers by changing the way the ENTIRE CORE OF CHROME HANDLES NETWORK CALLS (I'm still mad about that and it's been close to a year since it happened. Literally thinking of ditching chrome-based browsers altogether because of it. Fucking manifest v3...). Now imagine modding a game with all that AND it's in the middle of refactored. It's not even like hitting a moving target. It's like hitting a moving target while both are on shifting sands.

This is also why SLDR's cheat enabler is one of the things/mods for this game that's survived for...*checks date* close to 4 years and maintained with minimal effort. HALF the life span of this game. Rather than modding the static assets of the game itself, it's taking advantage of the tools the game itself provides to make changes. This is why it a) takes so little to update it. b) why I bother to help troubleshooting for it. It's good, clean code and a joy to work with.

Let me put this final nail in the coffin. My version of 1.5b of this game? Short of the missing art assets, it doesn't crash. Why? Because the code changes that broke the game made enough sense to me AS A PROGRAMMER that I was able to fix it really quickly and easily. I could read it and go "Oh, I know why he's doing that." and make the proper changes to fixed what he missed. It would have taken me 1.5~2 times as long for a 0.7x update. That's how much the code has improved.

Filos

Sep 2, 2018
Honestly? After all this time I'd rather have some placeholder art for all the basic scenes, something like a default model with only the important features for each girl, than having to wait for months between a new girl's release and the all the content related to her. I don't know how many people work on this project or how much they work on it, but sheesh, thank god for piracy because if I wanted to support a developer, this one would be near the bottom of the list for his pace. The only thing worse than this are those who obviously scam donors and followers.

Art is amazing, the variety of options is top notch, gameplay is ok as far as sandbox renpy game goes, but for the love of god, stop giving me hope with these half-baked releases.

Sorry for the rant, I know it's not exactly my place to complain since I'm just leeching off, but I think we can all agree that these updates are uncomfortably slow to come out, so in a way I think I'm expressing the same sentiment other people who stopped supporting felt.

Reactions: CJlOHNK

Black-Wolf

Jun 9, 2019
Can someone please explain to me how new girls get voted into this game? I'm sick of not having my wide-hipped Doreen in my harem.

Congrats to Betsy.
1703961192717357.jpg

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
This question was answered a few times already and even before this version came out we knew what was coming. A new character Psylocke, and a cameo with Squirrel girl. However no one has mentioned how to make Psylocke appear.
Everyone that's asking for how to make Psylocke appear:

The meeting condition is this:
Code:
        elif "met" not in BetsyX.History and "met" in JubesX.History:
            <snipped as this part is irrelevant>
                    elif bg_current == "bg player" and Time_Count == 1:
                            #You hadn't asked Emma yet
                            call BetsyMeet
                            jump Misplaced
To translate, you need to NOT have met Betsy (no duh), HAVE MET Jubilee, Be in your room (or having just left and not selected a location yet) and in the afternoon.
Also this is a partial update. Expect it to be buggy. If you are frustrated with bugs, wait for a full release.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Hmmm....i tried the combo and it doesn't open any console or nothing, i even tried on full screen
You have to enable the developer console first. You need to mod the game to do that (set config.console = True somewhere in the game files) or use SLDR's cheat enabler as that does the same thing.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Is someone going to answer what's new in this version?
Yes. It's a partial update with Psylocke and a cameo from squirrel girl. It's still missing art assets and not all the dialogue nor actions are in.
As such, it is buggy and probably shouldn't be downloaded as Oni himself has said. A lot of people are jumping the gun and downloading a buggy version and then complaining it's buggy.

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
yea i love adult parody games but just like su the lack of sound of any kind does something to my attention span and i just cant play for more than 20 mins without getting extremely bored edit: to quote green day

Can someone please explain to me how new girls get voted into this game? I'm sick of not having my wide-hipped Doreen in my harem.

Congrats to Betsy.
View attachment 3295888
By giving Oni money so you can vote in the new girls polls when the previous girl gets finished.

Reactions: leathermax

Black-Wolf

Jun 9, 2019
So I don't understand the following behind squirrel girl. Never got a chance to get into her character when I was reading American comics. Can anyone give me a recommendation on where to start if I want to know more about the character and why people love her (besides the fact she defeated Thanos)? Like a specific run or story line she's a part of, etc.?
I'm the friendly-neighborhood-squirrel-shill in this thread. I'm not overly-fond of Doreen in the comics, though she's fine and fun or whatever. But I shill for Oni's Doreen because I have this unbelievable thing for fat-assed wide-hipped white girls that I can dress-up in stockings and garter belts. So there's that.

Can someone post Oni's model sheet for Doreen? I'm surprised I don't have it saved.
1699295078486458.png

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes