NotSomeone

Nov 29, 2017
Considering how this game is... -checks the math here, carry the 2, divide by 41...- Almost 8 years old, with every single update there is always bugs upon bugs right from the get go, YOU'D THINK by NOW he would have shit sorted out, and oh I don't know, listen to the fan base in what they want or hope for and not go half cocked with shitty decisions or model use.

Oh wait, that can't happen because Oni has his head up is ass 99% of the time with things.

Don't get me wrong, still love the game with it's simplicity and pairings but honestly... almost 8 years of rinse-repeat and no real variety?
E-Eight years?

checkdude19xy

Aug 26, 2023
So I don't understand the following behind squirrel girl. Never got a chance to get into her character when I was reading American comics. Can anyone give me a recommendation on where to start if I want to know more about the character and why people love her (besides the fact she defeated Thanos)? Like a specific run or story line she's a part of, etc.?
Squirrel Girl and the West Coast Avengers and the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. Although the second has a art style you need to get used to if you dont read alot of comics. You can basically expect her to solve nearly every problem she has by talking it out or making a plan since she knows she can always go back to just beating the villian if it doesnt work.

Dittymyman

Feb 23, 2019
You know when your boss goes "I don't get it, you're just welding metal. There are machines that can do this. Why does it take you a full day?" or "You're just adding a button to this program, why do you need meetings and designers and a week just to do this?" or "All you do is flip burgers. Why do you need to call in sick? Anyone can do this job." That's pretty much what you just said. Why it takes so long isn't something that can be explained to people that's never done it and for them to believe it. Hell, I'm a programmer and I did art but I've never made a game. And even from what my perspective, it should take a long time.

If you really want to understand, try modding the game. Add a whole new character with their own story and dialogue and all that, like say Mystique, into the game without breaking the game. Someone else already did it so you wouldn't even make all the art assets. It's not like the game is compiled or encoded. You can literally do this with a text editor. See how long it takes you. I'll bet, unless you're cutting corners or not sleeping, it'll take a lot longer than 3 days.
To be fair as a programmer(or line cook for that matter) you are taught to create a system to make creating more systems easier and flexible; a pipeline maybe? Instead there is no evidence that Oni makes any effort to make his life or workflow easier. That is why modding this game is hell, because the modder then starts making tooling for the game... I should not be making basic tools so that I can navigate the base code quicker.

To be clear I am not judging Oni, he makes a product and people buy it. But no one should promote the methods at which he creates said product

SwoleSquid

Mar 29, 2021
Just to clear up any confusion, Squirrel Girl is not a whole new character, she just has a little cameo as part of Psylockes introduction, who is the actual new girl. But she doesn't have sex poses yet, like every new addition to this game.

It's similar to how Gwenpool used to only exist as a cameo Easter egg with Laura, and just like her I have the feeling he's going to push for Squirrel Girl until she gets in. He seems to be really into the meme characters, but as fans of Evolution and X-Men media specifically probably make a huge part of the fan base hopefully we at least get Wanda first.

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
Man.

There's really a lotta designs you can pick to make any character you include to be as attractive as you want. That's really one of the benefits of comic books in general.

And much like his spaghetti, Yandev inspired code (though honestly the timeframe probably matches up where they both started very closely) he still finds a way to fuck it up.

At least I don't have to restart a save every time (for the most part). That's the bare minimum of shit.

NeoStarr

Jul 2, 2017
Is someone going to answer what's new in this version?
This question was answered a few times already and even before this version came out we knew what was coming. A new character Psylocke, and a cameo with Squirrel girl. However no one has mentioned how to make Psylocke appear.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Helivesoncemore

Tallyhawk

Apr 27, 2019
if memory serves, Boom Boom and Wanda could still be added, since this is based on Evolution. If you deep dive intothe entire franchise however...holy cow that is a LOT of potential characters. As for Squirrel Girl...hmmm...odd choice to use a look from a single animated series, that also flopped hard. Having a 'thicker' character isn't a bad idea, but not sure she fits.

TBH I rather have Gwenpool more fleshed out, get a lot more clothing and customization options, and maybe have a evil/good story path. Maybe some missions? Challenges? And maybe an endgame goal.

Chaospanda83

Mar 21, 2020
I love this game. The art is gorgeous! (I'm sure they'll fix squirrel girl in the official release beyond Easter egg.) Betsy is hot as fuck. Too bad lots of interactions with her and any threesome content with anyone cause errors in this version.

(You trigger psylocke / betsy by going to either the square or class ..after the other girls intro'ed for me .. and Prof x will say go to the front gate and welcome a new student. Squirrel girl shows up and mentions she isn't the new student. Then you go find betsy.)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Exocrine
4.40 star(s) 149 Votes