bradstev

May 13, 2018
At some point the Deadpool (2) versions of Negasonic and Yukio need to be in this. Bria is banging hot and there is loads of potential for the Nega Yukio combo deal...maybe also a cheaky cameo from the man himself breaking the fourth wall.

Reactions: Honeyandvinegar

CommanderShepard

Oct 24, 2018
Ok so as a guy with a zero Ren'Py programming experience I'd like to ask, is it really that hard to solo develop game similar to this one?Because at this point it kinda feels ridiculous, even if he inexperienced, but he working for like a 3rd year.
I would understand if that was art or writing issue, but Oni actual artist and writing is very brief.
So it just doesn't seem right to me.

Reactions: Ghostload

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
Ok so as a guy with a zero Ren'Py programming experience I'd like to ask, is it really that hard to solo develop game similar to this one?Because at this point it kinda feels ridiculous, even if he inexperienced, but he working for like a 3rd year.
I would understand if that was art or writing issue, but Oni actual artist and writing is very brief.
So it just doesn't seem right to me.
The author works in a mode convenient for him. Patrons are not against such work.
It should also be borne in mind that the author along with the game makes separate images, which also receive patrons.
If you look at other good projects, then updates for some come out less often than for Oni.
This is a common situation for such projects. There is still personal life and the author most likely makes the game, as a hobby.

In addition, each new update increases the complexity of the game (coding). And if it is not just about expanding functions, but about introducing a new character into the game, then the complexity increases even more.

In any projects there are users who are unhappy with the release dates of new versions. If the game is updated once a six months or once a month, the complaints are the same everywhere - "the author can work better"
And another feature is that dissatisfied users can complain or scold the author, but they still wait for a new version no matter how bad the deadlines for them.

Reactions: Sacra_Umbra

CommanderShepard

Oct 24, 2018
The author works in a mode convenient for him. Patrons are not against such work.
It should also be borne in mind that the author along with the game makes separate images, which also receive patrons.
If you look at other good projects, then updates for some come out less often than for Oni.
This is a common situation for such projects. There is still personal life and the author most likely makes the game, as a hobby.

In addition, each new update increases the complexity of the game (coding). And if it is not just about expanding functions, but about introducing a new character into the game, then the complexity increases even more.

In any projects there are users who are unhappy with the release dates of new versions. If the game is updated once a six months or once a month, the complaints are the same everywhere - "the author can work better"
And another feature is that dissatisfied users can complain or scold the author, but they still wait for a new version no matter how bad the deadlines for them.
For some reason I thought he stopped commissions thing.

Reactions: JesterHell

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
For some reason I thought he stopped commissions thing.
He now does not make sense to do this. Only if something unexpected happens.
He makes good images and he likes it, and if he gets paid for it, then why stop it.
All questions on the speed of creating a game can be closed by reading the heading of the patreon
BtpUt4_cu44.jpg

He may not release the game at all. He releases art regularly and this is his main strength. Patrons gets what for they pay "Artwork or an Ero-Game." If there is no game, then there is an image and this corresponds to the "terms of the contract."
Just because the topic on f95 is devoted only to the game and a long absence of updates is perceived by some users as a poor work of the author. While at patreon people get art and are generally satisfied with the process.

Reactions: Bakkalon

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
He now does not make sense to do this. Only if something unexpected happens.
He makes good images and he likes it, and if he gets paid for it, then why stop it.
All questions on the speed of creating a game can be closed by reading the heading of the patreon
BtpUt4_cu44.jpg
Except he doesn't do this, at least not visibly on his patreon by the looks of it - not sure if images are sent out in private messages, if posts are actively hidden or if there are Third-Party rewards like discord rewards or similar.

I just skimmed through all the patreon posts chronologically - checked the tags they were set with, if those had nothing to do with rogue-like, read the titles and figured out what the post is about. The last post he made on his patreon that had nothing to do with Rogue-Like, fuckups from the platform or similar was:

After that one, all posts have been about rogue-like and its development for the most part, a thank you to his patreons and the really big payment fuckup from sides of Patreon. So he isn't creating "Artwork and an Ero-Game", he's creating "an Ero-Game and maybe some Artwork" on his patreon page.

He may not release the game at all. He releases art regularly and this is his main strength. Patrons gets what for they pay "Artwork or an Ero-Game." If there is no game, then there is an image and this corresponds to the "terms of the contract."
Just because the topic on f95 is devoted only to the game and a long absence of updates is perceived by some users as a poor work of the author. While at patreon people get art and are generally satisfied with the process.
If he releases the art regularly, then he either doesn't do that visibly on Patreon - which is dumb in its own right, as those posts could lure in potential viewers that aren't interested in the game itself, or he is doing it on a third party platform: something I cannot for the live of me stand to see. If I were to sub to a person on Patreon I'd like to receive said rewards on that platform and not jump through hoops to get what I was being promised.

If he actually is sending out artwork on a regular basis, good, great even. But a look on his patreon does not visibly reflect that in any way whatsoever, which is what people that aren't subscribed to him have to work with.

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
Except he doesn't do this, at least not visibly on his patreon by the looks of it - not sure if images are sent out in private messages, if posts are actively hidden or if there are Third-Party rewards like discord rewards or similar.

I just skimmed through all the patreon posts chronologically - checked the tags they were set with, if those had nothing to do with rogue-like, read the titles and figured out what the post is about. The last post he made on his patreon that had nothing to do with Rogue-Like, fuckups from the platform or similar was:

After that one, all posts have been about rogue-like and its development for the most part, a thank you to his patreons and the really big payment fuckup from sides of Patreon. So he isn't creating "Artwork and an Ero-Game", he's creating "an Ero-Game and maybe some Artwork" on his patreon page.

If he releases the art regularly, then he either doesn't do that visibly on Patreon - which is dumb in its own right, as those posts could lure in potential viewers that aren't interested in the game itself, or he is doing it on a third party platform: something I cannot for the live of me stand to see. If I were to sub to a person on Patreon I'd like to receive said rewards on that platform and not jump through hoops to get what I was being promised.

If he actually is sending out artwork on a regular basis, good, great even. But a look on his patreon does not visibly reflect that in any way whatsoever, which is what people that aren't subscribed to him have to work with.
And why did you get the idea that he publishes everything on patreon. He has a separate site for publishing images. Patrons gain access to these images. It is enough to read the conditions of the patronage.
"Patrons under $ 10 receive 146 images
Patrons from $ 10 get 304 images"
etc.
On the patreon he wrote about the release of the game, but never wrote about the fact that he released images for patrons.
Many authors use patreon to collect finance and transfer their work using other resources.
The main indicator is the increase in profits and patrons and not what is written on the patreon. People who pay are not fools, and if they continue to pay, then there is something for that.
Image creation is a popular destination and well paid. Many authors make only images and some get significantly more than those who make games. Some produce 4-10 images per month (1-2 per week).
In addition, for the release of a single image, different formats and different quality are used. Thus, the release of one final image may be accompanied by additional ones (sketches, different formats). Which also takes time and payment.

DannyhelMont

Aug 5, 2016
Well, not really, at least about comissions; old patrons of his on par with all updated published artworks are aware of this and anyone can also check on the up-to-date fullrips out there and see he barely made any new ones after starting to work on the game, (he already stated long ago that rarely does private artworks), and even replied about his frequency on comissions when asked a couple times; btw the more visibly open comment about this is on his own Hentai-Foundry profile page, which is the place he posts his works since beginning:
ONIreply.png

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
Well, not really, at least about comissions; old patrons of his on par with all updated published artworks are aware of this and anyone can also check on the up-to-date fullrips out there and see he barely made any new ones after starting to work on the game, (he already stated long ago that rarely does private artworks), and even replied about his frequency on comissions when asked a couple times; btw the more visibly open comment about this is on his own Hentai-Foundry profile page, which is the place he posts his works since beginning:
View attachment 440322
All is correct. Before starting work on the game, he collected a commission on Hentai-Foundry. But with the advent of the game and the transition to patreon as the main financial platform, the scheme of work has changed. A patrons of any level, in addition to the game, receives a certain number of images. Accordingly, you can’t say that he does not take money for images at all.
We can think as much as we want about whether Oni is working properly and what he takes the money for. But our reasoning does not affect the work process. The game will quit when Oni releases it. And to raise the question of how to work and what to offer users can only active patrons. Who pays, he demands

Harckness

Mar 5, 2018
Is there anywhere i can find a guide or walkthrough, i cant find any, and im really stuck, cant seem to make any progress with any girls besides rogue.

Jan 28, 2018
For Kitty: Its easier if you buy the books and give them to her
For Laura: Meet her, be not a total jerk to her, that should be enough
For Emma: You have to go to the classroom after the lesson

In general: The love route is a bit faster i think, so be nice to the girls and push the love stat. The obedience stat will come by itself i believe.
If thats not helping: What can or cant you do with the girls? This is kind of a trainer game, so you have to play some scenes over and over again to get enough points to do stuff with them.

Menin

Feb 15, 2018
Hi, I am having some crashes : if I let Laura stay for the night, the game crashes when she dressed up during the morning.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred. I have tried to fix it by using UnRen, but I don't know what is wrong in those lines mentionned...
So if anyone could help a bit, I'd be grateful.

While running game code:
File "game/script Locations.rpy", line 80, in <module>
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -=: 'unicode' and 'int'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script Locations.rpyc", line 736, in script call
File "script Functions.rpyc", line 2492, in script call
File "Kitty_Chat.rpyc", line 88, in script call
File "Kitty_Sex.rpyc", line 102, in script call
File "Kitty_Fondle.rpyc", line 1840, in script call
File "script Locations.rpyc", line 80, in script
File "C:\X\X\X\Rogue-like evolution\Rogue-Like-0.983f-win\renpy\ast.py", line 848, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\X\X\X\Rogue-like evolution\Rogue-Like-0.983f-win\renpy\python.py", line 1804, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/script Locations.rpy", line 80, in <module>
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -=: 'unicode' and 'int'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
Rogue-Like 0.983f

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes