Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
So, an improvement.

I don't see any of that being included in the game, to be honest. Not because "it's too dark", since what we've been doing is already extremely dark, but because my expectations towards Oni are really bad.
You are really making it out much darker than the narrative intends it to be.
The game mechanics still show completely independent thought on the girls part.
There is no point in the game where the girls completely go against their own free will because of addiction.
The entire obedience stat is played off as a sexual fantasy,not actual mindcontrol.
In fact...I dont think its even possible to interact sexually without the love stat(which itself decreases constantly if the MC behaves like an ass),though someone who tested that would have to chime in.
Like I said,I just dont see it and I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect the story go anywhere but a silly romcom.

Mistress_Kixen

Engaged Member
Jun 12, 2017
There is no point in the game where the girls completely go against their own free will because of addiction.
The entire obedience stat is played off as a sexual fantasy,not actual mindcontrol.
In fact...I dont think its even possible to interact sexually without the love stat(which itself decreases constantly if the MC behaves like an ass),though someone who tested that would have to chime in.
Like I said,I just dont see it and I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect the story go anywhere but a silly romcom.
You got a point seeing as jean would be the perfect example. She literally starts off with high sexual freedom, but even when she is under the addition spell if has under 100 love you can't even get a kiss out of her yet if the girl has high love with even low sexual freedom you can get said kiss. However, the looks on each of the girls faces even Jean's when they are high strung for said fix makes them look so much like Junkies who will do anything for said fix.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Yes, it is very much possible to play it obedience only, I do it every time I play. The girls losing Love when you force them to do something through Obedience is exactly what you're saying that is not in the game. They go against what they want all the time, and as someone said a few pages ago, when they have high enough obedience and you penetrate them without their consent (which is rape) they just close their eyes and accept what is happening. If that's not "going against their own free will" I don't know what is.

This game is already very dark, and even the Love route is mostly abusive given the addiction thing. Adding any of my suggestions wouldn't be a stretch at all.

Barkin 10

Dec 27, 2016
Lets see.
When Emma made her first appearance, she showed up taught the class and spoke with the PC afterwards and that was it.

When Laura made her first appearance, you met her in the danger room. She explained who she was and left. That was it for her.

Jean shows up and has a whole thing about her self, you can move on to other non sexual thing and end up getting a hand job from her.

Sounds about like three updates in one for this game.

Jul 14, 2018
I don't know about the other girls - and I'm waiting for the Jean version to get something approaching stable, so K probably - but if you keep being a complete asshole to Rogue so she hates you, and demanding various sexual favors for her touching you, she does hit a "I hate you, but I can't be without you because of this feeling" moment.

That absolutely reads of addiction, and puts the same tone on the rest of it.

And like pretty much all addicts, it's not really free will anymore, as they'll create any justification in their head to make themselves believe they're in control (I can quit any time I want, I just don't want to) even though they are absolutely not in control, and not acting in free will.

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Yes, it is very much possible to play it obedience only, I do it every time I play. The girls losing Love when you force them to do something through Obedience is exactly what you're saying that is not in the game. They go against what they want all the time, and as someone said a few pages ago, when they have high enough obedience and you penetrate them without their consent (which is rape) they just close their eyes and accept what is happening. If that's not "going against their own free will" I don't know what is.

This game is already very dark, and even the Love route is mostly abusive given the addiction thing. Adding any of my suggestions wouldn't be a stretch at all.
Actually just did some tests myself and you are right,it indeed seems to be possible(kinda...the game starts freaking out somewhat,not being able to make up its mind...reeks of questionable implementation of elements that arent supposed to collide like that).
90% of the time the girls would still outright refuse sexual interactions even with 1000 obedience and the master switch flipped.
Well anyway,I still highly doubt you will be seeing what you wish for(going by the general setup,breath of implemented content,past focus of added content as well as market viability)but hey,If im wrong good for you(and bad for Oni since it will further split his already small patreon base,hah).

I don't know about the other girls - and I'm waiting for the Jean version to get something approaching stable, so K probably - but if you keep being a complete asshole to Rogue so she hates you, and demanding various sexual favors for her touching you, she does hit a "I hate you, but I can't be without you because of this feeling" moment.

That absolutely reads of addiction, and puts the same tone on the rest of it.

And like pretty much all addicts, it's not really free will anymore, as they'll create any justification in their head to make themselves believe they're in control (I can quit any time I want, I just don't want to) even though they are absolutely not in control, and not acting in free will.
Hah yes it does actually read like that(with really downplayed minor withdrawal symptoms though,possibly purposefully skewering the tone,giving it a much more light hearted vibe than normally associated with said themes).
Will be ineteresting to see what he does with Jean since she does throw the prior approach out of the window(shower encounter was great though,even if I was utterly confused about not being flashed).

CommanderShepard

Oct 24, 2018
To be fair all those trainer/corruption games are all essentially a mind break (for example Research into corruption MC calls that out). So is better not to read too much into it, I mean story is only as dark as you want it to be.

I mean, shit, people are able to be find fucking murder mystery feat. cannibalism in SpongeBob.
Well ok I completely forgot what was the point I was making.
How about just try to have fun?

Mistress_Kixen

Engaged Member
Jun 12, 2017
Was going through the game though I have to say what is the deal with Jean? I have been waiting for the longest for a new character and was hoping it would be Jean only for her to be a complete mess. Not only does it seem like she was completely mind fucked even before you got her hooked too you, but her personality is so OOC it isn't even funny. I have read several comics and watched several X-men cartoons and her personality doesn't match any of them with especially not the Jean that was supposed to be one this game is based off of.

What makes it worse is that she is incomplete and you can't even fuck her like Rogue, Kitty, Emma, and Laura.

• Sad
Reactions: Medic4

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
As was mentioned before she seems to be based on a interpretation of the Dark Phoenix persona instead of the usual(and even that is hard to pin down since...writing hasnt exactly been coherent on DP since her inception).
An unorthodox choice for sure(and one Oni doesnt really seem to do anything with outside of showing his gripes about the character,though maybe her DP abilities will play into her leveling system later on but I doubt it).

Reactions: MankoEater

aessir

Jun 18, 2017
Can someone please explain how I can find Jean after the first encounter in the bathroom? She is like finding the lost city of Atlantis and quite frankly I'd have better chance finding Atlantis than finding her at this point.
It takes two game weeks for her to show up again, after that I cant go anywhere without seeing her there.

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
If you're looking for Jean try the pool at times I really haven't seen her frigging anywhere besides there.

Milkman69

Nov 2, 2017
Given that Oni has a hate boner for Jean the version of Jean you're gonna be getting in this game isn't the real Jean but rather a distorted effigy created by an individual that hates the character. If you want faithful representation of her and her character you're in the wrong place...

DrakeTLD

May 23, 2017
Given that Oni has a hate boner for Jean the version of Jean you're gonna be getting in this game isn't the real Jean but rather a distorted effigy created by an individual that hates the character. If you want faithful representation of her and her character you're in the wrong place...
Wow, a parody game making a farce of the characters that are used to support the way the game is played. We've never seen that done is other games before. Guess there's a first time for everything...

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Oh My God!!
Not the real Jean?!
Say it ain't so!

Wait. Are we talking the Jean form the original comic, or the Jean from several of the cartoon shows or the Jean from the movies? Because the Jean from the movies was the only 'real' Jean even if she was only an actress hired to play her according to the movie script.
Implying that Hollywood consists of real people instead of caricatures that lean left or right depending on whatever is the trend of the day.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes