Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
It provides probably is lulu as she is in a religion of sorts, kitty has a ponytail so close enough!
As for the belts blame Nomura as he's an idiot that overdesigns everything & has been the writer, director & designer for FF for 20 years now. He even did his overdesign shit to Kingdom Hearts lmao.

• Sad
Reactions: leathermax

Yumiyah

Jun 25, 2018
My bet is on Aerith from FF7 remake : the belt on her top matches and I think she is handling a staff behind her back.

yeah Laura can be Tifa and Kitty Aerith since they seem to be closer in here so makes sense

juan1245678

Jan 5, 2020
Some of you know what I can do to solve this because it won't let me make a new game

Code:
Sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While the game code is running:
  File "game / script.rpy", line 187, in script
    skip Dev_Room
ScriptError: Could not find tag 'Dev_Room'.

- Full trace ---------------------------------------------- - -------------

Full tracking:
    skip Dev_Room
  File "C: \ Users \ User \ Desktop \ Orange_Trainer_1.1-pc \ Rogue-Like-0.995a-win \ renpy \ ast.py", line 1552, running
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup (target)
  File "C: \ Users \ User \ Desktop \ Orange_Trainer_1.1-pc \ Rogue-Like-0.995a-win \ renpy \ script.py", line 861, in search
    upload ScriptError ("Could not find tag '% s'."% str (original))

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Rogue 0.995a

ShinGouki

Oct 5, 2018
Have no fear, she's probably going to be next. Most of the votes that went to Jubilee will probably go to Wanda.
Which is what I said would happen after the poll when Storm won. If the voting majority wanted Gwen in the game, we'd have had her in already. I'm going on a limb here, but I feel a very secure limb, by saying that I feel most of the patreons want the X-Men girls in before Gwen. I'm almost confident that the final poll will see Gwen vs Squirrel Girl and that'll be when Gwen finally wins out.

Reactions: Helivesoncemore

darkpoenplace

Aug 7, 2021
Some of you know what I can do to solve this because it won't let me make a new game

Code:

skip Dev_Room

Full tracking:
    skip Dev_Room
  File "C: \ Users \ User \ Desktop \ Orange_Trainer_1.1-pc \ Rogue-Like-0.995a-win \ renpy \ ast.py", line 1552, running
  File "C: \ Users \ User \ Desktop \ Orange_Trainer_1.1-pc \ Rogue-Like-0.995a-win \ renpy \ script.py", line 861, in search

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Rogue 0.995a

Talking a shot in the dark because it looks like an issue I had a few weeks back... IMO, it has nothing to do with the game or coding but with the files themselves. If I'm right, the issue has 2 possible sources with more or less the same solution.

1. The unzipping process of the file was interrupted by windows from an error or a freeze thus creating an error on a specific file. If you still have the zipped original file, just try unzipping again and monitor the progress to make sure it never freezes and then launch game. If not, redownload file and same deal.

2. The download was interrupted at some point and then resumed which created an error. Redownload and unzip then launch game and all should work. I would again suggest keeping an eye on the unzipping process to make sure it doesnt freeze.

Hope it fixes your issue.

primavera9925

Sep 28, 2020
Which is what I said would happen after the poll when Storm won. If the voting majority wanted Gwen in the game, we'd have had her in already. I'm going on a limb here, but I feel a very secure limb, by saying that I feel most of the patreons want the X-Men girls in before Gwen. I'm almost confident that the final poll will see Gwen vs Squirrel Girl and that'll be when Gwen finally wins out.
I don't think Lorna has any chance against Poole.

ShinKazama

Jan 7, 2018
Did Oni say how much he wants to trim down the backlog of candidates before adding a new girl candidate? Because we might never get a Squirrel Girl vs Gwenpool if, after adding Jubilee and Girl #8 (most likely Wanda), he adds another girl like Psylocke, for example.

StarsMan423

May 3, 2018
Personally I doubt Wanda will beat Gwen but I do have hope that she can. Though I like them both anyway so the outcome don't matter too much.

Projekt Night

Sep 2, 2016
Does Oni really like Gwenpool and Squirrel Girl or something? Still plenty of girls left with far more history being actual X-men like Psylocke/Captain Britain, Jubilee, Magik, Rachel Summers, Polaris, Mystique, Domino, Mirage, Dazzler, ect. Wanda and Boom Boom were in Evolution, so they make sense also.

If Oni wants a character with a crazy personality, Magik would probably be a better choice over Gwenpool, as she has been a fairly popular/important X-Men the last 10-15 years in the comics.

Last edited:

ShinGouki

Oct 5, 2018

Code:

skip Dev_Room

Full tracking:
    skip Dev_Room

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Rogue 0.995a
Like darkpeonplace said, download the game again and unzip it to avoid the error when starting a new game. Am I right when I assume that you tried starting a new game when using a rogue-like.exe that you've used the UnRen tool on to enable the console/dev tools? I had that same issue today and solved it by getting a fresh copy of the exe, starting a new game and saving after the introduction. Went back to the old exe that had the dev tools/console commands enabled and was able to pickup my new save from where it left off with no errors.

Last edited:
Reactions: DannyhelMont

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
Does Oni really like Gwenpool and Squirrel Girl or something? Still plenty of girls left with far more history being actual X-men like Psylocke/Captain Britain, Jubilee, Magik, Rachel Summers, Polaris, Mystique, Domino, Mirage, Dazzler, ect. Wanda and Boom Boom were in Evolution, so they make sense also.

If Oni wants a character with a crazy personality, Magik would probably be a better choice over Gwenpool, as she has been a fairly popular/important X-Men the last 10-15 years in the comics.
if oni cared about the character personality jean would be a completely diferent person than she is in the game.

Reactions: jujuman101

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
I myself really think Gwenpool would be a nice addition.

As I said before.

Not only she is cute (without the mask), her second big story, where she herself makes clear all the different writers trying to shape her into their version without understanding her is ruining her own personality, really helps her for me.
The whole "talks through the fourth wall" was also from before Deadpool ever existed, as I mentioned before She-Hulk had it in her more comedy-focused stories way before DP existed.

So... I can understand him wanting to add her.

...but not why he is adding her to the pools. If he wanted her so much, add her as a surprise extra or something, he already put her in an X-23 scene after all.

Always considered Lulu a piss take of the whole "squaresoft/enix" belt fetish, that or a metacommentary.
(removed the pic from the quote)
Supposedly the reason Nomura gave Lulu a skirt made completelly of belts was to test the CGI modeling team's abilities (or he overheard one of them talk about his belt/zipper fetish).
Ignoring it was for a native of a tropical island (but, well, she is a goth. And as mature as she tries to act she is just 22, so she is still in a "everything is bleak and I'm more mature than anyone in the room" teenager phase. So, justifiable, especially as it is around the time killer ghost whale attacks the world).

So the only time her lower half is ever really shown in an FMV is when she is talking to Wakka about Tidus joining the team.
Any other time, she is either only shown above the wais, is not there for some reason, or... just vanishes for no clear reason for the scene.

if oni cared about the character personality jean would be a completely diferent person than she is in the game.
As I said before, Jean's personality suffered A LOT through the different X-Men iterations.

At first she was like the old 90's cartoon, a caring person that outright deserved the title of the heart of the group. Even though as the story advanced she was shown lacking in the power needed to help everyone (not out of actual weakness but just due to not using them much as a weapon), which is why the power boost of the Phoenix, how it corrupted her and gave everyone's problems, and how she eventually sacrificed herself to fix as much as she could was that powerful.

Old Jean worked to be liked enough to leave that impact.

Later Jeans already expected people to associate her with the older one, though, so they already acted like people liked her instead of putting the work into it. Which, with new people joining in, meant that, for them, she was at best bland as hell.

The one this game was originally started into, Evolution, has her moments, but still clearly not likeable overall.
She keeps dating Duncan, a guy that is a terrible person all the time she is not complaining, and only breaks up because he is anti-mutant and she is one. As both of them are popular with their sports teams, it makes it seem a lot like that is the reason they are together.
While she occasionally tries to just be helpful like the older one, she also can turn around and bitch around for any small reason, giving plenty of personality backlash. While the personality change when she first tried talking to Rogue to when Mistique pretended to be her was a bit extreme at the time, as the show went on it became pretty likely to me in a bad day.
She seems pretty much like just a pretty, popular redhead. Walking around with mean, popular kids while expecting us to think of her as nice. And she is clearly shown to be strong as much as possible.
Clearly expecting us to push our memories of the older one into her to justify how much focus she gets and everyone acting as if she is likeable, despite most of the people watching never having watched the older cartoon.

And that is before the whole time-travel thing, where a group of teenager x-men including her and iceman go to the future, she "as a prank" turns iceman gay, and we are supposed to not just accept that but even take it as if it was normal. As in, Emma even says "she always knew he was gay", no shit, because little Jean rewired his mind to be before you even met him.
I admit I am not gay so I am not a good measuring stick to this, but I think using someone who was brainwashed into being gay as "the new big gay representation among the main cast" is worse than not having one (not even mentioning how his solo series after that seemed to be more into showing his new life dating men than in actually being an effective x-man).

...anyway, new Jeans are terrible people but everyone in-universe ignores this, and at least with Oni we have an explanation for this, she can rewire people's minds so they forget whenever she acts selfish and the fact you are immune to that is actually the main reason she is attracted to you.
So... characterization marches on, and overall I enjoy Oni's pov of her.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes