str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
this game is a lot of fun cant wait for it to finally be finished sure would be awsome if pregnancy got thrown into the mix
if not thats fine still one of my all time favs

Reactions: Jman4421

Lulu66638

Jul 5, 2017
MetaK > if you're interested on my opinion about Oni / his game, there it is: yes, he's a horrible coder. I follow this game since before Kitty appeared in it so I'm well aware how (deliberately?) slow he is. And I do not approve of his strategy to add more and more girls to appeal to an audience waiting for their fav girl to be included, instead of giving a full path to the ones existing or simply really fleshing out the game with all the cool mechanics it could have. I think Oni is extremely disrespectful toward his public and it's precisely why I never paid anything to him, since I don't feel like adding the milking to the insult.

But on the other hand, his art is still really great (I may bash Jean's choice of chara-design but I can't deny the work on it, no matter how much Oni hates the character). The game we have, although it could undeniably be better, works on its main aspect - the trainer-thing. In short: this game delivers, and like others told it before me, that's quite something in his league.

As to me, that's why I keep coming here and waiting for the next update every four months; because fundamentally, I enjoy this game and won't deny the positive about it, no matter how screwed a history it has and how much better it could be with a developer worthy of the name.

So that's what I call criticize: arguments, reasoning and reflexive conclusion open to exchange of ideas and opinions, instead of ranting, smugly asserting and cuttingly conclude other's point of view are merely deflections unworthy of attention. Yes, the two seem mutually exclusive to me.

But hey, as I said, nothing stops you to do it. Just do not pretend you're doing one when you actually do the other; or don't be surprise someone calls you out.

allthemansinone

Mar 30, 2022
MetaK > if you're interested on my opinion about Oni / his game, there it is: yes, he's a horrible coder. I follow this game since before Kitty appeared in it so I'm well aware how (deliberately?) slow he is. And I do not approve of his strategy to add more and more girls to appeal to an audience waiting for their fav girl to be included, instead of giving a full path to the ones existing or simply really fleshing out the game with all the cool mechanics it could have. I think Oni is extremely disrespectful toward his public and it's precisely why I never paid anything to him, since I don't feel like adding the milking to the insult.

But on the other hand, his art is still really great (I may bash Jean's choice of chara-design but I can't deny the work on it, no matter how much Oni hates the character). The game we have, although it could undeniably be better, works on its main aspect - the trainer-thing. In short: this game delivers, and like others told it before me, that's quite something in his league.

As to me, that's why I keep coming here and waiting for the next update every four months; because fundamentally, I enjoy this game and won't deny the positive about it, no matter how screwed a history it has and how much better it could be with a developer worthy of the name.

So that's what I call criticize: arguments, reasoning and reflexive conclusion open to exchange of ideas and opinions, instead of ranting, smugly asserting and cuttingly conclude other's point of view are merely deflections unworthy of attention. Yes, the two seem mutually exclusive to me.

But hey, as I said, nothing stops you to do it. Just do not pretend you're doing one when you actually do the other; or don't be surprise someone calls you out.
to be fair python can be difficult to maintain when the code base starts to get large. especially when you have no previous coding experience.

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
Leaving wether Oni bad or Rogue-Like Evolution bad or not, there is the ethical debate on the subject: most of Oni's patrons are old timers, so they know how highly inefficient Oni is and how much he milks them; yet, there they are, probably thinking something like "yeah, I'm moomooing a little, but I like this game so much that I can even agree to this rythm" or something.

So, if both parties know about how it works, and both agree to this method, is it actually wrong? Like, imagine this interaction
+Yo, I work 2 hours a week and I deliver half assed updates with minimal new content thrice a year.
-Ok, I'll pay you monthly, then.

How is S&M wrong between two agreeing individuals?

Redds667

May 22, 2021
I think what makes this game so good is its simplicity, meet the characters that many have loved since childhood, do anything to get them excited and fuck them, simple and easy, and Oni's art is great, I think the fact that each developer tries to create their own story and small "world" with the protagonist in something that should be simpler ends up spoiling the experience.

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
Leaving wether Oni bad or Rogue-Like Evolution bad or not, there is the ethical debate on the subject: most of Oni's patrons are old timers, so they know how highly inefficient Oni is and how much he milks them; yet, there they are, probably thinking something like "yeah, I'm moomooing a little, but I like this game so much that I can even agree to this rythm" or something.

So, if both parties know about how it works, and both agree to this method, is it actually wrong? Like, imagine this interaction
+Yo, I work 2 hours a week and I deliver half assed updates with minimal new content thrice a year.
-Ok, I'll pay you monthly, then.

How is S&M wrong between two agreeing individuals?
If people are fine with getting milked that is on them.
And if Oni is fine with just doing the bare-minimum, at the most inefficient way possible just to milk it, that is on them.

I don't think anyone is saying that "it is wrong". Nobody is saying that that he is doing is illegal or that he should be stopped. It is not a matter of right or wrong.
Personally, I just feel like it is deeply unprofessional and a waste of potential for the game, which is why I stopped subbing.
It is not something that I would ever do and it is not something that I agree with, but since I stopped subbing it is not longer a concern. It is just regretful that this game and this developer ended up like this when it could be so much more.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes