armond

Apr 26, 2020
The common ideology is "I like having a job in this shit economy" and "I don't want to get fired." Their values are maintaining a good reputation as someone who is easy to work with in an incredibly competitive market.

Everything else is branding set by Marvel/Disney's marketing department based on what they think is the most profitable strategy.
It's funny the way you said it, because that's exactly what I meant, vis a vie the same values as their chief

RiloLaki

May 16, 2022
Marvel writers don't talk to each other or feel bound by past choices unless specifically instructed by editorial. Marvel's Editor-In-Chief since 2017 has been C. B. Cebulski, perhaps best known for pretending to be Asian and writing as Akira Yoshida during the mid 00s on a handful of Japanese-centric titles.
Chester Bror Cebulski - I mean, IS there a more neckbeard name? Nice to know that White people pretending to be Asian is a-okay.

1723869645484.png

DaDoorman

Apr 1, 2019
Chester Bror Cebulski - I mean, IS there a more neckbeard name? Nice to know that White people pretending to be Asian is a-okay.

View attachment 3940093
The implication that she's being impregnated here befuddles me. Do AI's think this is how babby is formed? Who would even be the father here? The beej recipient or the guy splooging off screen? Is it both somehow? Are these the necessary circumstances for a mutant to conceive? This might be more complicated than hare mating dances.

CommanderShepard

Oct 24, 2018
That ain't sanitized it's dirty. Also Shepard you're alive, how is spess?
been living 2 hours away from active military conflict for past 2 years, so its been intresting to say the leaast.

But back on topic. i was indeed suprsed by Oni actually just adding in 3 girls in game back to back since me last checking it.

Reactions: armond

RiloLaki

May 16, 2022
The implication that she's being impregnated here befuddles me. Do AI's think this is how babby is formed? Who would even be the father here? The beej recipient or the guy splooging off screen? Is it both somehow? Are these the necessary circumstances for a mutant to conceive? This might be more complicated than hare mating dances.
She's sitting on a dong - just accept that she's sitting on a dong. But if you want real proof of mutantcy/9001-hours-in-drunken-MSPaint, count the fingers.

armond

Apr 26, 2020
She's sitting on a dong - just accept that she's sitting on a dong. But if you want real proof of mutantcy/9001-hours-in-drunken-MSPaint, count the fingers.
6 fingers, its revenge time
Disney didn't buy Marvel Comics for it's profitability, they bought Marvel for it's back catalog of stories. To them it's worth losing a couple of million each year if it means access to 85 years of stories to adapt.
I think it would be fair to characterize it as a supreme misunderstanding of market share, not unlike the Lucasfilm purchase

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
Disney didn't buy Marvel Comics for it's profitability, they bought Marvel for it's back catalog of stories. To them it's worth losing a couple of million each year if it means access to 85 years of stories to adapt.
Yeah of course, what im arguing against is the point that this is what Disney finds profitable.
The current state of Marvel its entirely its own fault, even if Disney hadnt bought it, it would still be like this.
Everything since civil war should be scrapped.

Affogado

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
This is what Disney finds profitable *as branding.* But keep in mind that the least selling Marvel books out perform the strongest Dark Horse/IDW/etc titles, and that they make up a lot of income from merch, licensing, trades, Marvel Unlimited, etc.

If you want to be very cynical about it, corporate America - with all the metrics, research, and experts they throw millions if not billions of dollars at every year - is making a clear statement about what ideology is winning the culture war with who they decide to pander to, and which ideology is increasingly irrelevant within the marketplace of ideas. And that goes well beyond just Disney.

But in the end the only ideology that matters is Rogue's ass.

Last edited:

armond

Apr 26, 2020
If I wanted to be cynical, I would say corporate period. If I wanted to be passively inflammatory I might make unnecessary specifications about rogues ass.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: leathermax

RiloLaki

May 16, 2022
Sorry all, I'm gonna be breaking up this quote/reply for easier reading.

This is what Disney finds profitable *as branding.* But keep in mind that the least selling Marvel books out perform the strongest Dark Horse/IDW/etc titles, and that they make up a lot of income from merch, licensing, trades, Marvel Unlimited, etc.
Which isn't saying much as these have always been smaller publications, with Dark Horse & IDW getting most of it's profit from licensing and/or niche titles that appeal to a certain subset of readers. Compare Marvel & DC to pretty much any manga publisher and the money the comics make becomes a joke...which is why Disney is trying to buy-up exclusive rights and control over manga publishers.

If you want to be very cynical about it, corporate America - with all the metrics, research, and experts they throw millions if not billions of dollars at every year - is making a clear statement about what ideology is winning the culture war with who they decide to pander to, and which ideology is increasingly irrelevant within the marketplace of ideas. And that goes well beyond just Disney.
I argue against that. When Disney was focused on making a great Marvel product (almost everything up to Endgame) that catered to the comic fans, each movie (save one or two) made profit. Maybe not as much as they COULD have if (roughly guesstimating) $300,000,000 wasn't spent on marketing and advertising along with production, but $1B on $300M is still a good return. After Endgame...what the heck happened? Disney tried to use the Marvel "license to print money" to shore-up its mega-expensive/barely-profitable Disney+. They scaled back on the production (even for movies) and let lesser-known writers and directors in to save money. People who really weren't that good at their profession given their previous works (generally speaking and IMHO).

Now, if a certain ideology is "winning the culture war", then why is there a war to begin with? Some would have people believe that it's "wacist/sexist neckbeards" vs "University-Enlightened" but...is it really? Why is it then that the post-Endgame projects have all been "critically praised/viewer meh"? Why is it that the people who are being pandered to...aren't spending money but just typing about it on Twitter/X or whatever instead? If I were running a business I would start asking questions to the Marketing folks. Of course, this also calls-in the various whispers that the ideology we're all skirting around like an elephant-in-the-room here is being directly pushed and funded by a very specific person who runs a very profitable company that handles the 401k's and other investments of hundreds of millions (if not billions) of people for his own reasons.

I would also argue that the ideology isn't winning, it's getting pushed back against harder than ever as the regular folk start to understand just what that ideology is all about.

But in the end the only ideology that matters is Rogue's ass.
This is true.
1723908157656.png

Last edited:

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
Rogue's ass is way more compelling than everyone's terrible political opinions
(y)

:unsure:

:cool:

When I saw the game developer badge I thought our guy finally leaves his stinky room for some conversation
$50 says that Oni is actively avoiding this site.

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
Posting this because many of the girls of the XHarem are in it, i mean, just check that Rogue and Jubes!
MvC girls.png
Also.
>getting sandwiched between Laura and Jill Valentine
Man, what i wouldnt give to be in Amaterasu's place right now.

4.40 star(s) 151 Votes