Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
Always remember – no Patreon’s – no game – more Patreon’s - better game with more content
This is in fact a veiled threat and poorly thought out marketing scheme. Due to my financial situation I CANNOT continuously support ANY game but have on occasion supported this game at the bronze level. The only one this fair is to is Bob. IMHO

On that note I still this a unique and enjoyable game that I guess I am now reduced to waiting for the public release. One thing that is not unique is that it will be hacked like most if not all the other games here.

bregd

Sep 9, 2017
I haven't even played the game but I still enjoy this thread for the drama. I like this new development. I don't remember any other game with similar drm and such a thinly veiled threat to the patrons not to share.

Reactions: Bullitman2

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
This is in fact a veiled threat and poorly thought out marketing scheme. Due to my financial situation I CANNOT continuously support ANY game but have on occasion supported this game at the bronze level. The only one this fair is to is Bob. IMHO

On that note I still this a unique and enjoyable game that I guess I am now reduced to waiting for the public release. One thing that is not unique is that it will be hacked like most if not all the other games here.
You're probably right but it may hopefully delay the sharing a bit. Of course it's fair to me too :) but how will you feel if you buy something in a shop and find out 2 minutes later that you could have have it for free. I have 2 options - I can discontinue the USD 5 tier or try to stop the sharing - I find this way the best solution. If you have any other solution - please let me know

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
I haven't even played the game but I still enjoy this thread for the drama. I like this new development. I don't remember any other game with similar drm and such a thinly veiled threat to the patrons not to share.
Maybe it doesn't work - but at least I have given it a try. As far as I know - many games send the game as direct post - so no drama here :cool:

• Angry
Reactions: szyba1991

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
You should be grateful to Bob for warning everyone. He could have done it without warning you. And report the person who's passing the game on. That way the person would be banned from Patreon and would never have been able to support a game again. I think it's very fair, although now it's gonna be harder for Bob to catch anybody.

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
In truth this isn't the first time Bob has taken this tack. I guess getting a perma-ban is a viable option but not sure it is worth the effort. I have admit Bob seems to have gotten over his initial anger at the leaking of his work which is a good thing. Hacking will so I think like other games he should live it and turn that energy to making the improvements to the game that have been referenced before. Like the translation and maybe tweaking the story line a little. For me the last update was fine and had the right amount of grind which was easy to follow the logic. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Brok TheDog

Donor
Jun 2, 2018
Walkthrough not a day, week 2 sunday 12 at 2pm, it says you have to go in the living room to offer the panties. Even if we follow the schedule to the letter, she is not there, she is not in her room

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
You should be grateful to Bob for warning everyone. He could have done it without warning you. And report the person who's passing the game on. That way the person would be banned from Patreon and would never have been able to support a game again. I think it's very fair, although now it's gonna be harder for Bob to catch anybody.
Also pretty much warns everyone right at start of game about the linking and sharing

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
Walkthrough not a day, week 2 sunday 12 at 2pm, it says you have to go in the living room to offer the panties. Even if we follow the schedule to the letter, she is not there, she is not in her room
If you use the WT from the official site, you will do it without problems.

Reactions: Brok TheDog

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
For some reason on update 11, I can't have event 37 from living room at 21:00 or event 38 from photo studio at 23:00, don't know what I'm missing

Davit Isogrig

Apr 30, 2020
PLAYED THIS GAME AND I WAS BRONZE. SEVERE TIME HAS BECOME. CAN THROW A GAME, FINANCE PROBLEMS. Who can throw even a developer knows me actively looking for bugs:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
PLAYED THIS GAME AND I WAS BRONZE. SEVERE TIME HAS BECOME. CAN THROW A GAME, FINANCE PROBLEMS. Who can throw even a developer knows me actively looking for bugs:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Just putting this out there. If someone leaks the game, CeLaVie Group will instantly drop whatever it is they're doing then hunt, hunt, and hunt the leaker down and insta-ban them from Patreon. Next, they'll complain about it here and on Patreon and come up with some kind of punishment for all Patrons to suffer as a result of 1 leaker.
So, if someone does leak the game, uploaders have to be alerted instantly and ppl need to mirror it ASAP. And to protect the "leaker", ALWAYS use an account here that is NOT in any way similar or tied to ANY Patreon account. Or even better, just contact a mod/uploader through a conversation to keep the share private and the source won't be revealed.

Reactions: Bullitman2

girlfairdev

Mar 15, 2020
I just got a belly laugh out of...
1. MC sees Liza sleeping on couch
2. MC rolls naked Liza over on to her back
3. MC spreads apart sleeping naked Liza's legs
4. MC sticks his finger down to the last knuckle into sleeping naked Liza's pussy
5. MC says to self "Better not disturb her"

ding1807

Jul 1, 2018
Just putting this out there. If someone leaks the game, CeLaVie Group will instantly drop whatever it is they're doing then hunt, hunt, and hunt the leaker down and insta-ban them from Patreon. Next, they'll complain about it here and on Patreon and come up with some kind of punishment for all Patrons to suffer as a result of 1 leaker.
So, if someone does leak the game, uploaders have to be alerted instantly and ppl need to mirror it ASAP. And to protect the "leaker", ALWAYS use an account here that is NOT in any way similar or tied to ANY Patreon account. Or even better, just contact a mod/uploader through a conversation to keep the share private and the source won't be revealed.
i guess it wont work if you just send the download link a f95 dev, he leaks it...

Reactions: Ed B

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Some of you - relax :) Only thing I ask for - don't share the game - the first 1 to 2 weeks after Bronze release - as it will make it easier for me to support both my Patreon's and you guys. As I previous wrote - if it's not leaked I'll make a public release soon after with some common support.

Bullitman2

May 26, 2017
Ahh here we go again with the threats, this time against your own patrons. Seriously, I really thought you had learned by now that you only hurt your reputation (and by extension you purse) when you try to put the screws on pirates.

Just be cool and let it happen. Look at all the games on this site. They all get leaked, and the most successful ones are often the ones where he creator actively participates in this community, leaking be damned.

Most people only support a creator when they think that he deserves it, when he creates his game out of passion, not just as a means to milk it for the maximum amount of money. Putting those kind of restrictions out there makes you look greedy. People will take notice.

If you don't know it yet, take a look at the thread of Darth Smut's Death Star Trainer. It's a nice read and shows why you really don't want to go down the same road.

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes