3.30 star(s) 15 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
... and nothing is ever resolved.
Well, that's not entirely true bud (imho anyway). I make fun of DK all the time (even though I mod the VN's) but in all fairness there's resolution per se albeit... well, let's just call it "abrupt". :ROFLMAO:

Usually there's always a "3 Months Later" or similar "scene setup" for the pathing... then some drivel dialogue to give perspective of where they are now in their circumstances. Yes it feels rushed and yes it's usually abrupt... but it is still considered resolution before seeing the ending frame "The End". It may not be the conclusion the player had hoped for but it's an ending nonetheless (imo). Regards.

Reactions: Luizodia and botc76

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Well, that's not entirely true bud (imho anyway). I make fun of DK all the time (even though I mod the VN's) but in all fairness there's resolution per se albeit... well, let's just call it "abrupt". :ROFLMAO:

Usually there's always a "3 Months Later" or similar "scene setup" for the pathing... then some drivel dialogue to give perspective of where they are now in their circumstances. Yes it feels rushed and yes it's usually abrupt... but it is still considered resolution before seeing the ending frame "The End". It may not be the conclusion the player had hoped for but it's an ending nonetheless (imo). Regards.
Well yeah, there are endings that's true.
But at least i don't remember that the endings ever shed any light onto the ongoing mysterys.

In his last game the mystery only occured in one path/ending, on all others you don't even see it. Then you got the stag apearing, sudden timetravel, because why not, no answers...and it's not on any of the LI's routes.
In Pine Falls you just escaped iirc, not any conclusion to what or why it happend.
Lancaster Boarding House, i don't remember anymore...was there an answer ?

Last edited:
Reactions: botc76

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well usual update where nothing made sense, got deja vu when ekaterina invited mc and girls into her cabin but no idea why, 4 paths and no difference on those but at least mc got some pussy, ending was bit surprise.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Well yeah, there are endings that's true.
But at least i don't remember that the endings ever shed any light onto the ongoing mysterys.

In his last game the mystery only occured in one path/ending, on all others you don't even see it. Then you got the stag apearing, sudden timetravel, because why not, no answers...and it's not on any of the LI's routes.
In Pine Falls you just escaped iirc, not any conclusion to what or why it happend.
Lancaster Boarding House, i don't remember anymore...was there an answer ?
Not really, the women disappeared due to that one fuckhead performing rituals for what I think is the Church of the Stag, but why and where to, no idea. Just that it didn't seem to be Pine Falls.

Reactions: Raziel_8

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
That Heather woman sure came out of nowhere and already left. :ROFLMAO:
might resurface.

Not really, the women disappeared due to that one fuckhead performing rituals for what I think is the Church of the Stag, but why and where to, no idea. Just that it didn't seem to be Pine Falls.
possible it is pf since that's where mc ended if performed ritual with too low points.

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
I read somewhere in the thread, that it is wrong to criticize the weak endings, as the games are all connected storywise and obviously the over-arching story hasn't been finished, but I can't agree with that.

An ending for a game absolutely has to be able to stand on its own, even if it is part of an over-arching plot line.
Not only that, but even considering the games as just parts of a larger, over-arching story, they suck.

Nothing definitive is ever revealed, the plot threads are ALL left hanging and never resolved. There's simply never any form of pay-off storywise in Daniels K.'s games. Instead, there is just one element added on top of others each time.
A town that no-one can leave, a weird cult that actually has powers, witches, vampires, people vanishing etc..
Yes, we know it's all connected, but that is all we know. So many games in, and we still haven't gotten any idea HOW this is all connected, even less the motivation behind the actions of the "villains" of the respective stories.
You got to start to give us something after a certain time, not just keep adding new shit on top.
This feels like watching a Lost rerun, and I really fear it will also end like that show.

Not only that, but at least for me, the games have become less and less interesting, because I already know exactly what will happen in the end

Meh... I am not really expecting an HBO style metaplot or satisfying conclusions that make you think when I play erotic VNs. Yea sure a coherent setting and satisfying conclusions are nice, but DK has many other perks that make him stand out in this genre and imo beat the competition:

1) Almost the most consistent release schedule out of all VNs. Literally by the hour, minute and second he releases each update like clockwork, no delays, no excuses.
2) Render quality and scene animations are top tier and are much better than many 100+ review VNs that have been going on for years. You can actually see how he improved his rendering techniques from one game to the next.
3 ) All updates have reasonable amount of scenes. No update released as filler with no scenes (as many of the so called slow burn VNs do here)

all in all, those qualities make DK top tier in my opinion.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Meh... I am not really expecting an HBO style metaplot or satisfying conclusions that make you think when I play erotic VNs. Yea sure a coherent setting and satisfying conclusions are nice, but DK has many other perks that make him stand out in this genre and imo beat the competition:

1) Almost the most consistent release schedule out of all VNs. Literally by the hour, minute and second he releases each update like clockwork, no delays, no excuses.
2) Render quality and scene animations are top tier and are much better than many 100+ review VNs that have been going on for years. You can actually see how he improved his rendering techniques from one game to the next.
3 ) All updates have reasonable amount of scenes. No update released as filler with no scenes (as many of the so called slow burn VNs do here)

all in all, those qualities make DK top tier in my opinion.
1 & 3 are very true but 2 is laughably off the mark. While DK's render quality for static images are more than good enough, his animations are rather mediocre if not outright poor. But neither should really be considered top tier.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Not just the animations but the posing too. Don't forget the really strange runing renders he has been repeating for several games now. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Cabin Fever

colombeen

Modder
Jul 16, 2021
Episode 6 was released... any heroes over here?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1674206186315.png

MC: Finally, I can proudly wear this hot necklace of her soft cuddly arms and touch
the intoxicating breath from her plump drowning lips and be happy.

Rosewater Manor Episode 6 - Now available
Hey everyone,
Episode 6 of Rosewater Manor is now available
along with the walkthrough as usual, at the following link :

Episode 6 brings a total of 310 new images and adult animations along with a very important choice and the set up for the first ending which will come in Episode 7. That brings the total to over 2000 images and adult animations which is a pretty solid number so far. The Episode is also based on some of your previous relationship choices, if you access certain scenes or not depends on them. You might feel that the update is shorter than the others because while there aren't a great number of choices to be made in this one, the important ones have different content behind them. In order to access all the content you will certainly need multiple playthroughs.
You will be given a pretty important choice to make that will change the way the story is being told from now on in a rather significant way, adding to the game's "replayability".
In this Episode there are two adult encounters which rely heavily on your Rude, Nice and Neutral stats. Now, I realize that there is a problem with these three stats but it's a bit too late to change anything now. The problem is that you will need to have one of them dominant over the others in order to access extra content, if you do not then some events will be shorter and might even seem incomplete. Basically, for them to work one stat has to be greater than the other two combined. So if you have for example Rude = 18, Nice = 2, Neutral =4 then you will have no problem accessing the Rude extra content. But if your stats look like Rude = 7, Nice = 9, Neutral = 8 then you will not be able to access any of the extra content. This is a bit of a flaw but most of the time, even if you do not have a dominant stat you won't even notice it.
There are more news and exciting things to talk about but those will be revealed in a future post, this one is pretty heavy already.
Enjoy and have a great day!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Wait. It took 6 updates to notice he only put extra content to people who used the rude dialogue choices and nothing to the other ones? But he won't bother trying to fix it? :oops: :FacePalm:
Damn DanielsK trully is the "king" of cutting corners. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :KEK:
You might want to re-read what the status update said. It didn't say anything remotely close to only rude dialogue choices gets extra content.

In fact, in the first 5 episodes, the dialogue choices only affect dialogs but doesn't yield any extra content.

3.30 star(s) 15 Votes