3.20 star(s) 32 Votes

Zargon_games

Creating Games
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2020
I like it so far (and liked Young again very much, that’s why I’m here) :)

Unfortunately, I get an error when trying to load:

As for the debate: yes there are definitely more male characters, but I think it’s strange to expect ALL the girls to be exclusive for the MC from the start. What I liked about Young again was the believability of the story (for the premise). I’m not really into the jargon but for me sharing the slut girl once is not NTR, the same as having a potential love interest girl that has a boyfriend at the start is not.
Thanks Tipp-Ex , I understand that there may be some controversy on this topic but I think the same as you, what we try to do here is to create a realistic world, our protagonist comes to a new group and there are already established relationships (it's up to you what to do with that), but well I won't elaborate much on this subject, in the previous pages RFB has already explained it very well.

And as for the error, I'm sorry that you encountered this problem, I've already told RFB to check it.

IRedI

Dec 31, 2021

As for the debate: yes there are definitely more male characters, but I think it’s strange to expect ALL the girls to be exclusive for the MC from the start. What I liked about Young again was the believability of the story (for the premise). I’m not really into the jargon but for me sharing the slut girl once is not NTR, the same as having a potential love interest girl that has a boyfriend at the start is not.
Comparing Young Again with this game makes no sense, and the "believability of the story" doesn't exist

Jan 27, 2018
I don't know how to feel about this game, it's not the kind of game i would normally play, i just tried it because i like Young Again but the two games don't really have much in common and... i don't know, i'm not feeling it...
i'm mostly just sad to see another dev that made an incest game i enjoyed abandon the genre in the next one

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
So I just finished playing it. We're definitely off to a good start, however, there's something I don't really like, as a personal matter: there are a lot of very unclear/obscure choices to be made during the game (e.g. what book to borrow from the library, bringing chocolate or booze to the party). I don't like to play these types of games blindly, so if you're willing to take in some suggestions, it would be a good idea to implement an optional walkthrough/choices guide embedded in the game (or at least a PDF that lists all the possible outcomes).
I'm pretty sure I missed a lot of stuff judging from what I've unlocked in the gallery, and I have absolutely no idea what I did wrong. Of course, I could replay the game from the beginning, but this would kill the fun for me and still I believe there must be a better way to make the player aware if he's going to miss a scene.

The story looks very interesting and refreshing, I'm looking forward to the next updates ;)

Reactions: pochops

wannaka99

Apr 4, 2019

Zargon_games I get the same error it also happens when i right click any time anywhere during the game, but f1 opens the menu normally idk, something about loading and saving page is messed up for me. When I open the game I cant click on the load game thing same error.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That's pretty impressive, nice work! With RFB we were discussing how long it would take for a mod to come out, as the code is a bit more complex than usual.
As you might be aware, complex is sort of my calling. I'll do you and the fanbase proud as I work only to enhance the user experience only otherwise I simply don't publicly publish. No amateur "green is best choice" BS here.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
As you might be aware, complex is sort of my calling. I'll do you and the fanbase proud as I work only to enhance the user experience only otherwise I simply don't publicly publish. No amateur "green is best choice" BS here.
Can't forget the "Let's Fuckin Cheat" option. Ahahaha

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Zargon_games
Hey bud, I always have a clean copy installed on one or more bench units and thought at first this was on me but it's in the OEM VN... Default dialogue text size too large making it wrap beyond the dialogue box:
1656794424245.png
I resolved it on my end but you may want to check any longer dialogues to verify. Regards.

Edit: Here's the same screen within the mod adjusting the dia text to 35 from 45:
1656795048857.png

Last edited:

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
Zargon_games
Hey bud, I always have a clean copy installed on one or more bench units and thought at first this was on me but it's in the OEM VN... Default dialogue text size too large making it wrap beyond the dialogue box:
I resolved it on my end but you may want to check any longer dialogues to verify. Regards.
I can confirm this happened during my playthrough as well

Zargon_games

Creating Games
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2020
Zargon_games

Edit: Here's the same screen within the mod adjusting the dia text to 35 from 45:
Thanks for the heads up!

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Zargon_games

Zargon isn't the writer or coder on this one, bro. reflexbound is.

I'm very happy to present you this new project called Rovering to Sussex ( or RTS ), in which we've been working from the shadows for more than 1 year.

This game is being developed by Reflexbound (in charge of the script and code) and me (doing the visual part) and I must tell you that it's a very ambitious project, that brought us many challenges that fortunately we've been able to overcome.

In this game you're going to find very exciting features that I've never seen before in Renpy, the truth is that Reflexbound has been able to squeeze the code to the maximum.

And in terms of graphics there are also several surprises, such as having scenes with 12 characters together, something quite atypical and very tricky to do in Daz.

I'm not going to tell you anything about the story now, there will be time for that, but I just want to tell you that although it has nothing to do with Young Again, they share the spirit of "feeling good" or "wholesome" to put a kind of label on it (and of course they share the fact that there are a lot of beautiful girls).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
reflexbound Zargon_games
I'm good but don't have all the v8 files cracked so normally I could tell you exactly what the issue is but since I haven't cracked some of the v8 files in this case I can only tell you're using a call for returning the current label to probably unlock a scene. The problem you haven't accounted for is that if the scene is currently locked, and right before the scene the player saved the game, then loads the game the label stored in current_label becomes after_load until another label is progressed to. This causes the following error in your replay script code file:
Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/script/week2_sunday.rpy", line 973, in <module>
  File "game/functionality/replay.rpy", line 22, in start_replay
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'current_label'
What I usually do when needing to rely on grabbing current_label (which I do a LOT in freeroam guides in SanchoMod) I find it best to store the last label seen in a new variable and call that variable in a conditional similar to (for example):
Python:
if current_label != "after_load" or current_label=="": < do whatever or call whatever function/process >
else: < call a function that calls the "last seen" variable to override "after_load" >
Regards.

reflexbound

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm reading all of your comments, but I can't respond to everything.
I won't chime in on the NTR discussion, you may like the game or it may not be your type of game. Play it or play one of the thousands of other games around here. There's no NTR here, and the voyeurism/sharing content is optional, but if that is alread ytoo much for you, you might be better off playing something else. And in any case, it doesn't make any sense to relate anything here to Young Again, that's Zargon's game and I have no influence on it whatsoever, so it will end just like it started and like Zargon always envisioned it.

Thanks, that's an obvious fault of mine and I'll fix it as soon as possible.

there are a lot of very unclear/obscure choices to be made during the game (e.g. what book to borrow from the library, bringing chocolate or booze to the party). I don't like to play these types of games blindly, so if you're willing to take in some suggestions, it would be a good idea to implement an optional walkthrough/choices guide embedded in the game (or at least a PDF that lists all the possible outcomes).
I'm pretty sure I missed a lot of stuff judging from what I've unlocked in the gallery, and I have absolutely no idea what I did wrong.
Thanks for the feedback. Where I see it possible, you should get enough of a hint of what you might be missing. Most of the choices that look rather obscure however aren't very important, they mostly give you a slight change in personality and some minor changes in dialog or in the quizzes and minigames, possibly making them slightly easier. If you have missing scenes in the gallery, there's essentially only two points in the game that decide that: encouraging Katie to drink and whether you go upstairs after the party or go to the bathroom instead. We'd certainly appreciate a walkthrough, either written or as a walkthrough mod (and it seems that Sancho will provide hints with their mod. Zargon and I will, however, not provide a walkthrough. It's a lot of additional work and we prefer to put that time into the game itself and let the community add these things if they would like to have them.

SanchoMod - Cracking that nut:

View attachment 1902591 View attachment 1902593

RenPy 8 powned. Python 3.9 here I come...
That was so quick, I feel honored. I haven't looked into your mod yet, but I know that they are of high quality and can add a lot to the game.

Thanks for the notice. I'll check this, but you seem to be right. We probably missed this during testing as it only ever comes up once unless you delete the persistent data.

reflexbound Zargon_games
I'm good but don't have all the v8 files cracked so normally I could tell you exactly what the issue is but since I haven't cracked some of the v8 files in this case I can only tell you're using a call for returning the current label to probably unlock a scene. The problem you haven't accounted for is that if the scene is currently locked, and right before the scene the player saved the game, then loads the game the label stored in current_label becomes after_load until another label is progressed to. This causes the following error in your replay script code file:
Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/script/week2_sunday.rpy", line 973, in <module>
  File "game/functionality/replay.rpy", line 22, in start_replay
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'current_label'
What I usually do when needing to rely on grabbing current_label (which I do a LOT in freeroam guides in SanchoMod) I find it best to store the last label seen in a new variable and call that variable in a conditional similar to (for example):
Python:
if current_label != "after_load" or current_label=="": < do whatever or call whatever function/process >
else: < call a function that calls the "last seen" variable to override "after_load" >
Regards.
Thanks again. I did not think it was possible to save in a location that could cause an issue here, as the python code is executed right after the label, so there should be no interaction, but it seems that it is possible and I'll look into preventing this error. I think I can just fully avoid accessing the current_label by just passing the data directly. A little more work but should avoid the error in any case.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks again. I did not think it was possible to save in a location that could cause an issue here, as the python code is executed right after the label, so there should be no interaction, but it seems that it is possible and I'll look into preventing this error. I think I can just fully avoid accessing the current_label by just passing the data directly. A little more work but should avoid the error in any case.
All you really have to remember during the course of using "current_label" is that as soon as the player loads a previous save, if anything is implemented in "after_load" then "after_load" becomes the label that "current_label" is set to (regardless of what it was when the player saved) until the player (after the save load) progresses through the script far enough to reach a new label. It sounds wonky but it is what it is. Regards.

reflexbound

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
Sancho1969 Thanks for the explanation. I do get the concept (though I didn't think much about it before), but I do not exactly understand yet where one could have saved and then reached the failing code without reaching a new (and thus, the correct) label. I assumed there to be no interaction point where one could save in between the label and this code being executed, so any save would be either before the label, thus current_label would be set correctly after the load, or after this code, so the code wouldn't be run again. This assumption seems to be false (probably if you save right after the code was run, it is run again upon loading and that causes the error). It doesn't matter much though, I'm confident that I can avoid the error in the future (current saves at such a point will probably be doomed however).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Thanks for the explanation. I do get the concept (though I didn't think much about it before), but I do not exactly understand yet where one could have saved and then reached the failing code without reaching a new (and thus, the correct) label. I assumed there to be no interaction point where one could save in between the label and this code being executed, so any save would be either before the label, thus current_label would be set correctly after the load, or after this code, so the code wouldn't be run again. This assumption seems to be false (probably if you save right after the code was run, it is run again upon loading and that causes the error). It doesn't matter much though, I'm confident that I can avoid the error in the future (current saves at such a point will probably be doomed however).
If it helps as a testing point, where it hit me was during a clean playthrough start, clean persistent, saved at the "masterbate or not" choice screen, immediately load that save (as if the player saved there, quite the game, and later returned and loaded it), then the error triggers. That's the easiest point I found that you can rinse-repeat test if needed.

3.20 star(s) 32 Votes