rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
My servers have been utterly SLAMMED since I woke up and noticed where the heart is had leaked. my apologies to anyone who was getting substandard speeds. Unfortunately we're at the stage where on days like this, (where multiple big games update on the same day) my infrastructure is basically pinned at 100% usage.

Here's just one of the nodes (the slowdown in the middle is when I was syncing new torrents to it)

Screenshot from 2021-11-30 22-50-28.png

There's no real way around it short of adding more servers into the mix and possibly dedicating one server to builds and syncing only. This isn't something I can "bandaid" fix, sadly.

One thing I was thinking about was purposefully ignoring "public" releases from games like AOA/UOP because it's a certainty that the gold or extended versions will leak just a few hours afterwards.

It's a lot to think about for sure, but as of right now we're at a plateau but also growing exponentially when it comes to usage. At it's highest point today there was a smidge over 4,000 peers active within a 30 minute period which is, well, outrageous.

Growth and more traffic is obviously great, but it needs to go hand in hand with a growing network, otherwise things will stagnate. To clarify, my servers can only handle ~450 peers combined currently (150 per) and I find this to be a decent middle ground because there will always be slow peers with slow internet and it leaves room for the people with fast internet to get in, download and get out again. If you're not one of the ~450 peers connected, your client just ends up downloading from other peers until you eventually do get connected to one of mine. It's not an ideal solution but it does prevent hundreds of people being connected and downloading at 100kbps.

I don't think this is a dire situation, nor a huge cry for help or anything. I just wanted to explain why people might have seen some performance issues today. I'm pretty certain too that my torrents are being leaked to other sites, I can't prevent it obviously but if you are doing this, please stop :)

In other news, Cloudflare was pure and utter trash for me today :)
For those that aren't aware, I use Cloudflare pages to build & host my site, they boast "build websites in record time", however I'll let my screenshots speak for themselves.

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
(yes these are all different builds)

So here's how my workflow looks like:
Download from Mega -> unzip -> grab ren'py version and virus scan -> zip -> hash -> create torrent -> sync torrent and zip to my other servers -> ping Discord with the torrent -> Ping me with the notes so I can update website -> update website -> deploy website to Cloudflare -> post on f95zone.

Usually cloudflare would take 1-2 minutes, maybe 3 minutes max. Today it was routinely taking 15-30 minutes.
Add into this the issues with f95zone and well, it's been frustrating. If anyone is wondering why the torrents are on discord first, this is why. Discord is a simple webhook, super easy. When other platforms start having issues and adding minutes upon minutes onto it, everything slows down to a crawl. It really was painful at times because in reality, I had torrents ready just a few minutes after they were leaked, but it ended up taking 30+ minutes before I could post it here.

Anyways, I'm going to type up a roundup for November tonight because growth as surpassed all expectations. Both traffic, the amount of people on discord, it's all crazy. It'll probably take 1-2 hours just to type it all out.

A huge thanks to everyone helping, there's too many to mention really. From the people helping out on , those who spot leaks early and let me know, people finding typos, 404s and mistakes in general on my site, people doing requests - you're all awesome - it means so much to me to see people chipping in where they can to help out, it's amazing!

Anyways, Imma stop now cos i have even more typing to do and I still have a backlog on games. If you haven't already, feel free to hop on . I have hopped onto the f95zone discord too, along with a few others for big games so if you see me about feel free to say hello (rpdl#6652). Don't take anything I say on discord too seriously by the way, I'm a shitposter at heart.

edit; one note I forgot. I'll be reporting my torrents to get added to the OP of threads again too so you have that to look forward to, no more digging through pages and pages!

Thanks again to all, here's to an even bigger December! Onwards and upwards while we walk in the huge shadow of Nopy!

Last edited:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
got my update for the online, finally. Despite cloudflares best attempts at stopping me :BootyTime:

it's been such a long day, such a long month infact. here's to an even busier december!

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
rpdl If it reduces your workflow a bit, while generally I'm a big fan of supplying hashes for downloads, it's simply not necessary for torrents. Pieces are hashed as they are received (and reacquired if they fail to hash correctly), so there's just no chance that the final product would fail to hash correctly, with the exception of ram corruption or something maybe. Even in the case of hardware faults causing an actual fail, and/or people wanting to check the file integrity by hashing it, they could simply do a force-recheck in their torrent client instead which will verify it.

Reactions: RPDL

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
rpdl If it reduces your workflow a bit, while generally I'm a big fan of supplying hashes for downloads, it's simply not necessary for torrents. Pieces are hashed as they are received (and reacquired if they fail to hash correctly), so there's just no chance that the final product would fail to hash correctly, with the exception of ram corruption or something maybe. Even in the case of hardware faults causing an actual fail, and/or people wanting to check the file integrity by hashing it, they could simply do a force-recheck in their torrent client instead which will verify it.
True, generating the hash though is pretty much a non-issue, the only times i'd see it take a significant amount of time (+15 seconds) is when working with games +10gb in size.

I'm dabbling with some changes regarding where I link to the torrents, if I source them instead from files.rpdl.net I can post much quicker, which is what I think I'm gonna do. Just need to update a bunch of stuff beforehand.

My to-do plans are discord bot (??) and setting up an RSS feed for the site so people can auto-download if they wish.

vdka

Oct 31, 2021
I would like to express my utmost gratitude to what you are doing here, with nopy shutting down, this has been the only way to get proper download speeds for me (I might be extremely spoiled with at home gbit and anything under 50MB/s makes me annoyed :rolleyes:)

Are there any ways to donate with crypto?
I couldn't find anything about it on the website. If not I'll just do patreon :)

And again, thanks for this amazing project!

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I would like to express my utmost gratitude to what you are doing here, with nopy shutting down, this has been the only way to get proper download speeds for me (I might be extremely spoiled with at home gbit and anything under 50MB/s makes me annoyed :rolleyes:)

Are there any ways to donate with crypto?
I couldn't find anything about it on the website. If not I'll just do patreon :)

And again, thanks for this amazing project!
First off, thanks so much for the kind words, it's my pleasure!

Also, honestly, I've never actually touched crypto. If it was more widespread I'd totally look into it, and tbh, maybe I should now but it's not something I've even really given serious thought to. I added and today too if that's easier for you. Might take subscribestar a day or two to verify my account though.

Either way, thanks so much! I had a roadmap drawn up but I'm going to deprecate it, it's a bit too early to plan out how I'm going to expand infrastructure. tl;dr I was going to concentrate on only dedicated servers but it's a bit too expensive and a bit too early so instead I'm opting for as many 1gbps VPS's as I can to "cache" new torrents. The disk space on them is much smaller and cache definitely isn't the right word but it should help a lot with initially seeding new torrents which is my biggest problem atm. Again, thanks!

Lust Epidemic torrent please
size = 4.47 GB
This is being built now, I'll update this comment in 5-10 minutes with a link :)

Feel free to post it in the thread if you wish.

Last edited:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Last edited:
Reactions: akki37

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
hi all,

i'm just dropping this here for the people that aren't already on our discord ( ).

tomorrow is the last day of some black friday deals so I'll be committing to some 24 month contracts. if you're enjoying the service we provide and would like to help us grow and add more servers to our network, we'd love for you to check out .

we never have and never will run any advertisements. everything is provided via our patrons or myself and we're incredibly appreciative to those who are already helping us expand ❤

every little bit helps, as it stands right now we're unable to meet current demand and we're doing our best to improve our network to last through december and the start of january. if anyone has any questions feel free to drop a message here or @ me on discord, I'll always respond - though i do sleep sometimes!

in the meantime, thanks to all - our growth is exceptional and it's been a wild ride so far.
be safe and have a nice weekend! :)

Reactions: CaballeroOne

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
2 of the 4 cache nodes are online, bringing our total throughput up to 5Gbit/s.

I'll match 50% out of my pocket on any additional recurring funding committed before the 12th December to add both more cache nodes, and a redundant storage node in NA.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I've had to take some of my frontend infrastructure offline as it's under repeated attack, this is a daily thing and i'm sick and tired of it.

Everything is still seeded and the network is fine, however the download links for the torrent files are temporarily offline. I hope, not for long.

Online again!

Last edited:

farwar

May 29, 2020
I tried to download "rpdl.net-Corruption-2.60" but i get 0 seeds and peers, i tried other rpdl torrent to download and same...
but other stuff like from sukebei works fine.
I successfully downloaded rpdl torrents like weeks or month ago, but now it doesn't work.
Mb i need to whitelist some ip ?

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I tried to download "rpdl.net-Corruption-2.60" but i get 0 seeds and peers, i tried other rpdl torrent to download and same...
but other stuff like from sukebei works fine.
I successfully downloaded rpdl torrents like weeks or month ago, but now it doesn't work.
Mb i need to whitelist some ip ?
Try disable DHT in your client, I'm betting that'll be why.
Check the tracker tab and it should tell you the reason.