rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I guess it is, i'm not sure where it's disabled, mb utorrent 1.8.2 too old or idk
uh yeah, it's kinda old
  • Date Released: Jan 24, 2009
Try and let me know if you still have any issues, or feel free to hop on if you want :)

Reactions: farwar

farwar

May 29, 2020
uh yeah, it's kinda old
  • Date Released: Jan 24, 2009
Try and let me know if you still have any issues, or feel free to hop on if you want :)
Thank you, everything works with qbittorent

Reactions: RPDL

notmm27

Oct 28, 2018
Speeds to my location suck!

Let me know what country and I'll do my best to get a node setup near you!
hi there, is this really possible? i'm from indonesia, and the internet sucks ass, especially home internet. but i'm currently in a public wifi with good enough internet(about 2mbps max) and was hoping to finish the new Corruption download before heading home :D. currently, the download averaging in about 250kbps. and i dont mind seeding once i'm home

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
hi there, is this really possible? i'm from indonesia, and the internet sucks ass, especially home internet. but i'm currently in a public wifi with good enough internet(about 2mbps max) and was hoping to finish the new Corruption download before heading home :D. currently, the download averaging in about 250kbps. and i dont mind seeding once i'm home
I'm afraid not (yet) sadly, while our bandwidth is through the roof we're struggling a bit with regards to funding lol.
I did have a server in Australia for all of 2-3 days before it got banned for breaking TOS. At current rate, it could be a few months yet before we'll have the funds to try Asia again (likely Taiwan).

notmm27

Oct 28, 2018
I'm afraid not (yet) sadly, while our bandwidth is through the roof we're struggling a bit with regards to funding lol.
I did have a server in Australia for all of 2-3 days before it got banned for breaking TOS. At current rate, it could be a few months yet before we'll have the funds to try Asia again (likely Taiwan).
np, i can just sleep on it when i'm home. wish i can support you my man, torrenting is such a good way to share stuff, but my college funds won't let me :v. Sadly, torrenting is not that popular in my country so usually seeds comes from halfway across the world

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
np, i can just sleep on it when i'm home. wish i can support you my man, torrenting is such a good way to share stuff, but my college funds won't let me :v. Sadly, torrenting is not that popular in my country so usually seeds comes from halfway across the world
It's all good homie, don't sweat it. Sorry I can't get these files to ya quicker.

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Light of my Life - Chapter 6 finally dropped rpdl. I'm sure there's a ton of people waiting for a Torrent on that game. If you get it up this morning (Well, your afternoon, lol) I'll try and leave my client up most of the day to help seed the rush.

Cheers

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Have it and "fashion business" in the works :)
I have to laugh! Normally, when I catch you posting a new torrent, I can leach it from your three seedbox's in record time (you've seen my 86 MB/s speeds) but on LoML, there must have been dozens of people just waiting for you to link it, because by the time I clicked the link, there was 14 peers already, HA HA :ROFLMAO:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I have to laugh! Normally, when I catch you posting a new torrent, I can leach it from your three seedbox's in record time (you've seen my 86 MB/s speeds) but on LoML, there must have been dozens of people just waiting for you to link it, because by the time I clicked the link, there was 14 peers already, HA HA :ROFLMAO:
lol, its funny. When I started I initially "synced" the torrents between my servers via, well, bittorrent right? Made sense, was really easy for me but it just made the swarm slower from the get go. Now I pre-sync them properly.

ANYWAYS, usually there was always a handful of people who finished downloading the torrent before some of my servers did and I always found that funny.

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
lol, its funny. When I started I initially "synced" the torrents between my servers via, well, bittorrent right? Made sense, was really easy for me but it just made the swarm slower from the get go. Now I pre-sync them properly.

ANYWAYS, usually there was always a handful of people who finished downloading the torrent before some of my servers did and I always found that funny.
Well, I'm seeding it for at least a few hours. Least I can do to help you and the dev on this game. It's one of my favourites. I'm doing about 2 MB/s up, which isn't bad considering I am on a residential account and they limit my total bandwidth up. Otherwise, we'd all be running private servers :p

• Red Heart
Reactions: RPDL

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Hi rpdl ,

do you have any idea why it could be that seeding only happens with a fraction of the available bandwidth?
Im using qBittorrent 4.3.9 and the bandwidths settings for the upload are all set to unlimited.
But despite the 15 Mbit upload bandwidth, only a maximum of 1 - 1.5 Mbit is used.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Hi rpdl ,

do you have any idea why it could be that seeding only happens with a fraction of the available bandwidth?
Im using qBittorrent 4.3.9 and the bandwidths settings for the upload are all set to unlimited.
But despite the 15 Mbit upload bandwidth, only a maximum of 1 - 1.5 Mbit is used.
I'm hogging all the upload on my servers :)

The tracker i use prioritizes IP addresses near your subnet so if someone on your ISP or in the same city hops on the torrent you'll see your upload get a bit busier but by and large you shouldn't see huge traffic.

The outliers would be for the truly large games like BeingADIK/AOA/CollegeKings etc, will be a different story then lol.

edit; one thing I forgot was peering too. Generally dedicated servers in datacenters will peer a lot better than residential connections and thus, they'll be preferred.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
OK thanks.
So there is nothing I can really do other than keep more and larger files. ;)
Of course, seeding will always be beneficial - honestly my servers aren't actually pushing all that much traffic right now either. The updates today aren't very large in size, though there is a lot of people downloading. Just another day really lol.

Where it really gets fun is the last 3-4 days of every month where all the devs try to get the updates out, then everything catches fire :)

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Yeah, or probably waiting for the people in my area to finish work.
Currently I only have people from the rest of the world, not someone who is anywhere near the same country or even continent as me.