rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
i'm using BitTorrent 7.10.5 (build 46097) is probably the newest one since it updates itself from time to time
Would it be possible to test with qbittorrent?
I'm unsure how your client handles the private flag. Definitely is odd if other games work though, did you try removing the torrent from your client and re-downloading it just in case?

Are you sure you're downloading the most recent version of the torrent also?

Jul 10, 2020
yes i tried the version from your site and the newest one from the game page
tried deleting the torrent and re-downloading multiple times and nothing changed
will try this qBitTorrent

Reactions: RPDL
Jul 10, 2020
Would it be possible to test with qbittorrent?
I'm unsure how your client handles the private flag. Definitely is odd if other games work though, did you try removing the torrent from your client and re-downloading it just in case?

Are you sure you're downloading the most recent version of the torrent also?
with the qBitTorrent it did work
any idea why i had trouble only with this one and all the other ones worked fine on BitTorrent ??

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
with the qBitTorrent it did work
any idea why i had trouble only with this one and all the other ones worked fine on BitTorrent ??
Honestly, I don't know. I haven't used your old client so I'm not sure how it works. I think it'd be related to how it handles the private flag, or something around UDP but really, it's just guessing.

Happy to hear it's working properly with qbittorrrent though :)

Brithawk

Aug 28, 2021
Hi, I've been having troubles downloading the newer torrents, the status of tracker says "Tracker reply has no peers field". I have disabled DHT. Is there any fix for this issue?

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Hi, I've been having troubles downloading the newer torrents, the status of tracker says "Tracker reply has no peers field". I have disabled DHT. Is there any fix for this issue?
What client are you using?

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I use BitTorrent 7.10.5 mostly. But tried qBitTorrent aswell.
From looking into this it appears to be related to an ISP issue regarding ISPs trying to localise peers or some nonsense.

To confirm:

1. When did you start having this problem and has it always been this same error?
2. You have DHT/PEX (peer exchange) disabled
3. You don't have UDP disabled
4. Can you try download a torrent from and let me know if it works?
5. Do you have a VPN you can test on?
6. Do you have access to any sort of a firewall or other that might be at your house?

Brithawk

Aug 28, 2021
From looking into this it appears to be related to an ISP issue regarding ISPs trying to localise peers or some nonsense.

To confirm:

1. When did you start having this problem and has it always been this same error?
2. You have DHT/PEX (peer exchange) disabled
3. You don't have UDP disabled
4. Can you try download a torrent from and let me know if it works?
5. Do you have a VPN you can test on?
6. Do you have access to any sort of a firewall or other that might be at your house?
Hey, Thanks for the quick response.
I started having this issues recently. Probably3 4 days back. I was able to download prior by just disabling DHT.

Regarding VPN, Using VPN does start the download, so maybe it's my ISP, But I can download torrents from other sites without VPN too.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Hey, Thanks for the quick response.
I started having this issues recently. Probably3 4 days back. I was able to download prior by just disabling DHT.

Regarding VPN, Using VPN does start the download, so maybe it's my ISP, But I can download torrents from other sites without VPN too.
It's so strange. If you wouldn't mind, could you test a bit further like so:

Download say, 3-4 random torrents of mine but don't add them to your client.
Turn on VPN.
Add new random torrents to client, note if all can find peers & download.
Remove random 3-4 torrents again and turn off VPN.
Download another 3-4 random torrents again (different from the first) and this time add them to your client with VPN disabled and note what happens again.

tl;dr Just want to be sure it's definitely something to do with either your ISP or a firewall or some kind of QOS at your internet connection.

Do you happen to live at a place with shared internet like college housing, or do you have a standard normal internet connection?

Feel free to decline to answer if you're uncomfortable with any questions or if you'd like, we can swap to DM's too, just let me know!

Brithawk

Aug 28, 2021
It's so strange. If you wouldn't mind, could you test a bit further like so:

Download say, 3-4 random torrents of mine but don't add them to your client.
Turn on VPN.
Add new random torrents to client, note if all can find peers & download.
Remove random 3-4 torrents again and turn off VPN.
Download another 3-4 random torrents again (different from the first) and this time add them to your client with VPN disabled and note what happens again.

tl;dr Just want to be sure it's definitely something to do with either your ISP or a firewall or some kind of QOS at your internet connection.

Do you happen to live at a place with shared internet like college housing, or do you have a standard normal internet connection?

Feel free to decline to answer if you're uncomfortable with any questions or if you'd like, we can swap to DM's too, just let me know!
I'll do what you asked for and DM you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RPDL

dob

Apr 27, 2017
Hey guys, could you forward along what client you're using please?
Hi! Sorry for late answer... I use utorrent 1.8.2
ps read messages and installed qbittorrrent 4.3.9. It works good! Looks like some problems with utorrent settings maybe...

Last edited: