rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Doubleposting.

Why do I have to fight so hard, for MONTHS, just to post FREE, SAFE torrents for people to download.

I must be braindead, someone needs to explain this to me.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Huh? Anonfiles serves malicious downloads, racaty has a coin miner and you had to ban another host just last week because they were interfering with files. It's not the downloading paradise you make it out to be. The best option for downloading is mega, and that requires a paid account to make it actually usable.

On one hand you say use VPN but on the other hand you say "we're not okay with that actually".

Which one is it?
Doubleposting.

Why do I have to fight so hard, for MONTHS, just to post FREE, SAFE torrents for people to download.

1651510660892.gif

Jokes aside, some kind of human being just want to be fucked by maleware, coinminers and other shit.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Huh? Anonfiles serves malicious downloads, racaty has a coin miner and you had to ban another host just last week because they were interfering with files. It's not the downloading paradise you make it out to be. The best option for downloading is mega, and that requires a paid account to make it actually usable.

On one hand you say use VPN but on the other hand you say "we're not okay with that actually".

Which one is it?
All of which can be blocked with an adblocker, in fact, the Anonfile was one that I personally investigated and only got it download a virus when I later thought of using the vanilla browser of my old phone (from 2015).

We will absolutely restore your links if adblockers bypass registration.

Doubleposting.

You don't, you're fighting for using registration, you could just remove and all links would be able to be posted.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
You don't, you're fighting for using registration, you could just remove and all links would be able to be posted.
The registration, with trash data and no verfication, is to protect the the links of the zone and the users that help found the service all other here benefit from - or better to say to annoy the leachers from other sites with links that expire after the registration with trash data is expired.

I use scriptblockers, and beside mega its a pain in the ass to get other other shit hosts running with it. The service rpdl provides is much safer, faster and more comfortable than any host the zone uses here. Hell, even the donor direct download the zone is testing atm is a snail - to be fair, i dont know if you want to buff that service or is this just a test baloon.

Reactions: c3p0

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
I use scriptblockers, and beside mega its a pain in the ass to get other other shit hosts running with it. The service rpdl provides is much safer, faster and more comfortable than any host the zone uses here. Hell, even the donor direct download the zone is testing atm is a snail - to be fair, i dont know if you want to buff that service or is this just a test baloon.
I don't what script blocker you're using, but I get no trouble using most hosts with the exception of Mixdrop which has the annoyance of a captcha.

We plan on improving the donor service with more servers when we reopen donations, as it's too dependent on location, personally, it caps my speed at 18-20MB/s so I can complain.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
We went through this several times over the past months, yours is the first service eligible service to require registration, we have discussed it among staff and unanimously voted to reject it, we simply cannot support a service that would require sending our users to register and give up their privacy to a third party.

It's not in the rules because it's one case and you appealed to the admin, so we are all waiting, until them any posts will keep getting deleted like any other banned host being posted.
first of all, f95 also requires registration too, just saying.
2nd, if you guys would finally work with us we could combine it so that f95 users could use their account to use our service (so no second registration needed).
3rd. we actually care about secruity as e-mails dont get logged, they get replaced by a trow away e-mail after registration.
4th the registration was done to protect torrents from being used by malicious other websites. we care for a fast and secure download portal for our horny friends here.
5th throwing infraction points cause of a link is overexaggerating. you dont get infraction points for bringing up sukebei.nyaa for example. so what's really going on here?
6th your latest official hosts suck ASS. holy crap. one is even minecoining! others are slow as hell.

for months i havent seen any of you guys join our discord server to just talk a bit. instead we have to go through this nasty ticket bs all the time. move ya ass over so we can talk properly and try to make a coorparation achievable.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
first of all, f95 also requires registration too, just saying.
2nd, if you guys would finally work with us we could combine it so that f95 users could use their account to use our service (so no second registration needed).
3rd. we actually care about secruity as e-mails dont get logged, they get replaced by a trow away e-mail after registration.
4th the registration was done to protect torrents from being used by malicious other websites. we care for a fast and secure download portal for our horny friends here.
5th throwing infraction points cause of a link is overexaggerating. you dont get infraction points for bringing up sukebei.nyaa for example. so what's really going on here?
6th your latest official hosts suck ASS. holy crap. one is even minecoining! others are slow as hell.

for months i havent seen any of you guys join our discord server to just talk a bit. instead we have to go through this nasty ticket bs all the time. move ya ass over so we can talk properly and try to make a coorparation achievable.
1. Users are free to decide if they want to join this site, same as they are free to join your, we are just not endorsing it.

2. Then do it, applications for uploaders are always open, just apply and you can get in the team in a week if you're serious about it, then drop the registrations and post free torrents for everyone on the site.

3. It's still a registration and still not okay.

4. So do we, but we care more about not inconveniencing our users.

5. Sukebei is free, you don't need to register to use it.

6. We do what we can, hosts don't grow on trees.

7. I can't answer for all staff and it's probably the reason I'm not a community lesbian, but there is no freaking way I'm going out of my way to join a server because they want something from me. You want to talk, use the tickets or our discord.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I'm fighting for user privacy, and part of this is registration because it PROTECTS our users and F95zone users. It also PROTECTS our servers which our generous donators pay for. Our platform isn't designed to support 5 leechsites, it's designed to support our users and I've stated day1 that I want this to be open to F95zone. You've seen the emails from other sites that I shared in the ticket.

We don't log, the software we use is open source ( ) and by design, doesn't log. All we have on users is the username they sign up with and their salted password. I could actually just drop our production database right here, all we'd have to remove is the users passkeys which we assign to them.

It's not possible for us to be any more pro-userprivacy. We're not even on Cloudflare anymore.

1. Users are free to decide if they want to join this site, same as they are free to join your, we are just not endorsing it.
No, you're not. You're banning it. There's a big difference between not-endorsing something and banning it (plus infracting users who even link to it for some absurd reason).

2. Then do it, applications for uploaders are always open, just apply and you can get in the team in a week if you're serious about it, then drop the registrations and post free torrents for everyone on the site.
User privacy issues aside, in this situation would F95zone be picking up the bills for our servers?

3. It's still a registration and still not okay.
What exactly is this sticking point about registration that you have? What makes it so evil in your eyes? Please, just drop a one line explanation so I can see things from your point of view. Remember, we don't log anything.

4. So do we, but we care more about not inconveniencing our users.
You openly link to sites that serve malicious downloads and have coinminers. You still have thousands upon thousands of dead links to nopy.to.

Yet here I am, months later, still trying to offer a free and safe host and you refuse.

7. I can't answer for all staff and it's probably the reason I'm not a community lesbian, but there is no freaking way I'm going out of my way to join a server because they want something from me. You want to talk, use the tickets or our discord.
Uh yeah, maybe keep the "community lesbian" to yourself? I don't even understand what you're trying to say.
I've tried multiple times to chat on f95zone discord and I just get spammed to use tickets. I open tickets and they sit idle for weeks.

The only reason there's discussion here is because you chose to respond here instead of the open ticket.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
So, help me to understand it:

ItemF95 donor serverF95 accepted DL siteRPDL torrent site
Needs a registrationYesNoYes
The data in the registration needs to be correctYesNoNo
Data are normally log on the sitePossiblePossibleNo
Have advertisementYesYesNo
Have 3rd parties "malicious" scriptsNoPossibleNo
Needs a one time donationYesNo (Possible)No
Needs a subscriptionPlannedNo (Possible), often service depends on user state (free user, registered user, paying user)No
Download speed18-20MB/s*Between 50 kB/s up to 50-80 MB/s**Between 10 MB/s up to 80 MB/s**
Data expiredNo (assumed)PossibleNo
Big data limitNo (assumed)PossibleNo

*values from redknight00
**values from c3p0

So as long as the DL site don't have a user registration and have (a crap) free DL service it is OK to use (and malicious scripts can be easily blocked) or you are F95zone itself, then it doesn't count.
But, if you are need a user registration, then you can have the best, free DL service, it is unacceptable because of it. Make sense.:WaitWhat:

Last edited:

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
F95zone =/= rpdl, also what I said at the top of the message you quoted:

I'm fighting for user privacy, and part of this is registration because it PROTECTS our users and F95zone users. It also PROTECTS our servers which our generous donators pay for. Our platform isn't designed to support 5 leechsites, it's designed to support our users and I've stated day1 that I want this to be open to F95zone. You've seen the emails from other sites that I shared in the ticket.

We don't log, the software we use is open source ( ) and by design, doesn't log. All we have on users is the username they sign up with and their salted password. I could actually just drop our production database right here, all we'd have to remove is the users passkeys which we assign to them.

It's not possible for us to be any more pro-user privacy. We're not even on Cloudflare anymore.
You're still asking us to send our users to an outside private site.

No, you're not. You're banning it. There's a big difference between not-endorsing something and banning it (plus infracting users who even link to it for some absurd reason).
Those are the same, users are free to go to SVS and download from K2S, doesn't mean we will allow it in the site.

User privacy issues aside, in this situation would F95zone be picking up the bills for our servers?
F95-senpai alone can answer that, but that is something to talk about if you want to join the team and turn over control to the f95 collective.

What exactly is this sticking point about registration that you have? What makes it so evil in your eyes? Please, just drop a one-line explanation so I can see things from your point of view. Remember, we don't log anything.
It exists outside of our control and oversight and asks more of our users than we want to.

You openly link to sites that serve malicious downloads and have coinminers. You still have thousands upon thousands of dead links to nopy.to.
Nopy had at the time of its death over 40k live files uploaded by us, there is just not enough manpower to fix all dead links, and again, all the inconveniences of hosts can be circumvented by using an adblocker. Using a browser updated this decade will also work, but that's asking too much of our users.

Yet here I am, months later, still trying to offer a free and safe host and you refuse.
Let me rephrase: Hosts within our rules and parameters don't grow on trees.

I've tried multiple times to chat on f95zone discord and I just get spammed to use tickets. I open tickets and they sit idle for weeks.

The only reason there's discussion here is because you chose to respond here instead of the open ticket.
I saw you discord once, your tickets don't get a response because you open admin tickets to a pile of hundreds of other tickets that can only be answered by 2 people, all of the times you made a staff ticket they got an answer in a reasonable time.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
we cant without you guys thats the problem!

workupload, zippity, mediafire, mega... nah lets go for pixeldrop, anonfile or gofile.

we can only reach out our hands to you and hope to work together so we can finally offer a good reliable download for the peeps again (since nopy is dead and wont come back).

bruh, WE WANT to work with you guys but you dont give us a chance. cant we talk on even ground so we can do things a lot quicker? is that possible? we waited for months alr to get an answer on the ticket. and i dont care who comes to our server, just someone of your team is fine for us. cant be so difficult, jeez.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
So, help me to understand it:

ItemF95 donor serverF95 accepted DL siteRPDL torrent site
Needs a registrationYesNoYes
The data in the registration needs to be correctYesNoNo
Data are normally log on the sitePossiblePossibleNo
Have advertisementYesYesNo
Have 3rd parties "malicious" scriptsNoPossibleNo
Needs a one time donationYesNo (Possible)No
Needs a subscriptionPlannedNo (Possible), often service depends on user state (free user, registered user, paying user)No
Download speed18-20MB/s*Between 50 kB/s up to 50-80 MB/s**Between 10 MB/s up to 80 MB/s**
Data expiredNo (assumed)PossibleNo
Big data limitNo (assumed)PossibleNo

*values from redknight00
**values from c3p0

So as long as the DL site don't have a user registration and have (a crap) free DL service it is OK to use (and malicious scripts can be easily blocked) or you are F95zone itself, then it doesn't count.
But, if you are need a user registration, then you can have the best, free DL service, it is unacceptable because of it. Make sense.:WaitWhat:
Pretty much, it's why we offer several options so people can pick the one that serves them better.

Also, f95 is in beta testing with the donors, none of the people using it right now are paying for it because we are not even accepting donations. It also doesn't require any extra registration.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Pretty much, it's why we offer several options so people can pick the one that serves them better.

Also, f95 is in beta testing with the donors, none of the people using it right now are paying for it because we are not even accepting donations. It also doesn't require any extra registration.
Also one thing regarding the DDL service: Nopy was forced to shutdown not because they hadn't had enough donors giving them enough money, but because their payment service provider freezing their money.
I fear the same can happen, if the zone DDL service would become as successful as Nopy and then the whole F95 infrastruture would be hit.

vdka

Oct 31, 2021
step 1: F95 adds oauth2 provider addon to xenforo
step 2: rpdl uses said oauth2 to authenticate users
step 3: ?????
step 4: everyone is happy

Reactions: RPDL

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
You're still asking us to send our users to an outside private site.
I'm not asking you to send anyone anywhere. If people want to use it they will but you won't allow us to post the links in the first place. Nobody is forced to use torrents.

Those are the same, users are free to go to SVS and download from K2S, doesn't mean we will allow it in the site.
https://f95zone.to/search/187185570/?q=svscomics&o=relevance

46 pages of results including links. How can they be the same when you're not deleting posts to SVS but you are to ours?

F95-senpai alone can answer that, but that is something to talk about if you want to join the team and turn over control to the f95 collective.
It was tongue in cheek, I wouldn't expect or ask them to. I did initially offer to merge but the last few months of this nonsense has driven a wedge more than anything. If you can't trust us to run a site, why would you trust us to upload files?

It exists outside of our control and oversight and asks more of our users than we want to.
You guys have precisely 0 control over the other filehosts. I think I've proven that I'm more than willing to show you guys anything you ask for, up to and including literally sending Sam the database. In fact one of the first things I ever asked for was some kind of SSO so people could sign in using their F95Zone account but you guys were having CF issues at the time plus you have a rebuild going on so something like that would take months.

Nopy had at the time of its death over 40k live files uploaded by us, there is just not enough manpower to fix all dead links, and again, all the inconveniences of hosts can be circumvented by using an adblocker. Using a browser updated this decade will also work, but that's asking too much of our users.
On the one hand you guys can delete 1.5k of my torrents (and restore them) with the click of a button because the links 404'd but on the other hand you guys won't remove dead links to nopy just because there's a lot more of them?

What's the point on having a rule if you're not enforcing it? Or worse, selectively enforcing it.

Let me rephrase: Hosts within our rules and parameters don't grow on trees.
Time to nut up and update your rules and parameters then.

I saw you discord once, your tickets don't get a response because you open admin tickets to a pile of hundreds of other tickets that can only be answered by 2 people, all of the times you made a staff ticket they got an answer in a reasonable time.
The ticket I have open hasn't had an update since April 24th - which I'm fine with because I don't mind waiting for Sam.

Just to re-iterate, the only reason we're chatting is because users were getting infractions for posting links to our torrents, which still needs to be addressed. Delete them sure, because it's not allowed (currently) but don't punish people for it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mortarion and c3p0

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
we cant without you guys thats the problem!
You can, just read this and apply.

workupload, zippity, mediafire, mega... nah lets go for pixeldrop, anonfile or gofile.
Zippy has a 500mb limit, Workupload has banned us so we have to be sneaky about it and can't do it regularly, Mega bans our accounts frequently so uploaders don't like it, Mediafire . . . it's complicated, let's just say it's a pain in the ass. If you want to add more mirrors from these, feel free to join to uploader team and add them yourself.

bruh, WE WANT to work with you guys but you dont give us a chance. cant we talk on even ground so we can do things a lot quicker? is that possible? we waited for months alr to get an answer on the ticket. and i dont care who comes to our server, just someone of your team is fine for us. cant be so difficult, jeez.
Read the answer I gave to rpdl, tickets are being answered, except for when he asks the 2 people who are busy and have hundreds of other tickets to go through. And you missed the point, you're complaining that nobody comes to your server to talk, but how would any of us know you want to talk in the first place? We don't just go joining servers to see if they need something.

Also one thing regarding the DDL service: Nopy was forced to shutdown not because they hadn't had enough donors giving them enough money, but because their payment service provider freezing their money.
I fear the same can happen, if the zone DDL service would become as successful as Nopy and then the whole F95 infrastruture would be hit.
Those are separate, we are looking into payment options, but when it opens again it will compartmentalized. Just look at how we lost donations but it didn't impact the site, sure it would suck ass losing the DDL, but the site would keep existing until we can reopen it.

I'm not asking you to send anyone anywhere. If people want to use it they will but you won't allow us to post the links in the first place. Nobody is forced to use torrents.
And the links won't send people to your site?

46 pages of results including links. How can they be the same when you're not deleting posts to SVS but you are to ours?
Most of these are talking about and/or complaining about SVS, but if you see a link to it feel free to report it for deletion.

It was tongue in cheek, I wouldn't expect or ask them to. I did initially offer to merge but the last few months of this nonsense has driven a wedge more than anything. If you can't trust us to run a site, why would you trust us to upload files?
That's the thing, we don't trust anyone and never rely on outsiders, the only people we trust to upload files are the Lazy Basterds aka f95 uploaders.

You guys have precisely 0 control over the other filehosts. I think I've proven that I'm more than willing to show you guys anything you ask for, up to and including literally sending Sam the database. In fact one of the first things I ever asked for was some kind of SSO so people could sign in using their F95Zone account but you guys were having CF issues at the time plus you have a rebuild going on so something like that would take months.
The other hosts are not breaking the rules. I can't answer anything technical so can't comment on logging, but the fact that you even have data to show is the type of stuff that is causing issues.

On the one hand you guys can delete 1.5k of my torrents (and restore them) with the click of a button because the links 404'd but on the other hand you guys won't remove dead links to nopy just because there's a lot more of them?

What's the point on having a rule if you're not enforcing it? Or worse, selectively enforcing it.
Yes, because bulk deleting 1.5k posts in one location is easier than manually editing several thousands of posts, one can be done in 3 minutes and the others in weeks or months.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
redknight00 by the way, just cos we don't agree doesn't mean I don't appreciate you taking the time to talk about this - I do and thanks.

If there's one thing I'd like you to think about it's this:

By you asking us to make our torrents public, you're directly asking us to support all the other sites that leech content from f95zone. There's a lot and you know this. Not only are the f95zone users and our users providing the bandwidth for other sites and their users, but the other sites are profiting off it by spamming their users with ads. You know this also.

The highest day we ever saw was in mid December when BeingADIK-0.8.2 dropped and there was 4,000 torrent downloads in the first day. This doesn't count the sites that rehost the torrent which adds thousands upon thousands more. Here's one example:

YpMPRCt0.png

That's over 20,000 downloads from just one game that was re-hosted - this game is also ~20gb. The bandwidth for this is _STILL_ provided by f95zone users and our users. That's 400 terabyte by the way, of 100% free content provided to a third party for-profit site....for one game....from just one site.

We solved this issue by enabling registration, now every other day I check these sites for torrents and when I find one, I download it and I ban the passkey. This means whichever sites was stealing it will have to create a new account and update _all_ of their articles with the new torrent. It's not practical, in fact most have outright stopped.

We do this for free, the files are clean. There's no ads, there's nothing. We don't even have any kind of analytics.

I feel like there's a disconnect here so maybe the above helps see things from our point of view.

And the links won't send people to your site?
The public links also sent people to our site my dude, where do you think the torrents were downloaded from?

Most of these are talking about and/or complaining about SVS, but if you see a link to it feel free to report it for deletion.
I'm not a moderator, that's on you. These are your rules after all - I'm just pointing out how they're enforced.

The other hosts are not breaking the rules. I can't answer anything technical so can't comment on logging, but the fact that you even have data to show is the type of stuff that is causing issues.
You must be mistaken, I said we had usernames because yes, that's how people make accounts?
Why is this a surprise to you or why does it "cause issues" in the slightest?

Yes, because bulk deleting 1.5k posts in one location is easier than manually editing several thousands of posts, one can be done in 3 minutes and the others in weeks or months.
Unfortunately for you I don't think the rules make special exceptions just because one is easier than the other.

fasteddie

Aug 19, 2016
Bro, he didn't say anything about 'data' which I assume you mean to be user data. I'm pretty sure it's the source code for how the service works and to demonstrate how information isn't being logged.

DearLegend37

Compressor
Dec 20, 2019
Last time I checked f95 used a dummy paypal account to recieve the donations, so I don't think that would be an issue.
Which can be one of the reasons donations aren't open all the time aswell.