rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Missing both Timestamps games on RPDL site
It's by choice. Wayyyyy back when we started I offered devs the option of blacklisting their games, all they'd have to do is reach out and ask. I didn't wanna piss anyone off so it made sense. Anyways in the first few weeks the timestamps devs reached out and asked to be added so I did. After 3-4 months no other devs reached out so I decided to sunset it and if anything happened we could deal with it on a case by case basis. (no other devs have asked since, usually it's people asking to have torrents made lol).

About 6 months ago I reached out to the timestamps devs again to ask if they still wanted to be on the blacklist and they confirmed. All I really have is my word so they'll be the exception until they change their mind.

Bit of a bummer because those are the only games that we don't have* but hey, that's life sometimes!

* we're likely missing a bunch of games but we have 14,000+ so I think we're near enough 99%.

Reactions: Mortarion and c3p0

WakamoSato

Jan 9, 2021
It's by choice. Wayyyyy back when we started I offered devs the option of blacklisting their games, all they'd have to do is reach out and ask. I didn't wanna piss anyone off so it made sense. Anyways in the first few weeks the timestamps devs reached out and asked to be added so I did. After 3-4 months no other devs reached out so I decided to sunset it and if anything happened we could deal with it on a case by case basis. (no other devs have asked since, usually it's people asking to have torrents made lol).

About 6 months ago I reached out to the timestamps devs again to ask if they still wanted to be on the blacklist and they confirmed. All I really have is my word so they'll be the exception until they change their mind.

Bit of a bummer because those are the only games that we don't have* but hey, that's life sometimes!

* we're likely missing a bunch of games but we have 14,000+ so I think we're near enough 99%.
Only 99%...? Pfff, THAT'S UNACCEPTABLE!

Just kidding, you guys did an amazing job, and it is very much appreciated.
How much HD/storage space does 14k+ takes?

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Only 99%...? Pfff, THAT'S UNACCEPTABLE!

Just kidding, you guys did an amazing job, and it is very much appreciated.
How much HD/storage space does 14k+ takes?
We're delighted you enjoy it!

1684929791725.png

I think it's a little over 16tb. I can get you exact stats later today when I'm at my laptop if you'd like?

Reactions: WakamoSato

WakamoSato

Jan 9, 2021
We're delighted you enjoy it!

View attachment 2645811

I think it's a little over 16tb. I can get you exact stats later today when I'm at my laptop if you'd like?
Naa, it's OK, with 16TB a few GB plus/minus don't matter, I was just wondering. :)

Also, all I really wanted was to say thank you to you guys/girls for giving 'us' this, that kind of storage and serverspeed don't come cheap, so just a little moral support so you know 'we' love what you do.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Naa, it's OK, with 16TB a few GB plus/minus don't matter, I was just wondering. :)

Also, all I really wanted was to say thank you to you guys/girls for giving 'us' this, that kind of storage and serverspeed don't come cheap, so just a little moral support so you know 'we' love what you do.
Thanks, I love seeing comments like this - I forwarded it along to the guys :)

Reactions: c3p0 and WakamoSato

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Just copy/pasting my discord ping, it's just a bunch of small updates really with some good news here and there. I actually struggled to keep it inside a single discord message ahhhhhhh.

---

Hello! So there's a few things to get through, I'll try to keep it short.

1. We felt like our funding amount wasn't being tracked correctly so we waited out the month of May to get a full readout. Turns out it's not tracking one of our handsome €69 donors so our funding is actually up at €304 which is great!
  2. We're gonna focus on making some improvements to Discord during June, we have a bunch of ideas - if you've any suggestions feel free to tag any of us and let us know :)
  3. The Torrust folks are teasing an alpha release which is huge. For those not in the know, this will fix the bug with having to relog. We don't know when it'll land properly but it does appear to be sooner rather than later - (this is what powers dl.rpdl.net)
  4. Because we struggle a little to gain insight on analytics due to our (lack of) logging, we added a small change to the "download torrent" button which tracks the amount of torrents downloaded. During the month of may there were 64,716 downloads which is about 1.5 per minute!
  5. We've worked on refining our backend processes a lot. Things like making the creation/deletion of torrents more streamlined for example. We have a few more improvements to make to help us with organising fixes & enhancements but so far it's looking good.
  6. We've noticed an uptick in the amount of Discord spam - please make sure you're not clicking on weird Discord links - if something looks too good to be true, it is. Be careful with your accounts!
  7. I've updated the funding page. We've actually migrated from using a bunch of VPS's to instead using a hypervisor a few months ago, it's corrected now.
  8. We're closing in on a few milestones! Currently we have 14,821 seeded torrents, just under 15k total. We're also at 29,974 in total torrents created!
We'll have more updates in the next week or two, in the meantime - thanks again everyone
:pepelove:

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I know there was a topic of discussion a while back about packaged versions of games with multiple installments and split versions. On a similar vein of that convo can we please get uniformity in name space when packaging these types of torrents.

When i see for example not being labeled as the full game version it's kinda weird.
Especially when the thread goes out of it's way to break up the versions between seasons https://f95zone.to/threads/motherless-v-0-19-1-0-mr-mister.48369/ and the full game itself.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RPDL

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I know there was a topic of discussion a while back about packaged versions of games with multiple installments and split versions. On a similar vein of that convo can we please get uniformity in name space when packaging these types of torrents.

When i see for example not being labeled as the full game version it's kinda weird.
Especially when the thread goes out of it's way to break up the versions between seasons https://f95zone.to/threads/motherless-v-0-19-1-0-mr-mister.48369/ and the full game itself.
Well spotted, I just renamed it. Thanks!

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
So I'm using qbittorrent for the following torrent and after a full 24hrs - nothing.nada.zilch
And I was wondering if you were aware of any issues with that particular torrent programme with your torrents?
Qbit is working fine for me with other torrents

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
So I'm using qbittorrent for the following torrent and after a full 24hrs - nothing.nada.zilch
And I was wondering if you were aware of any issues with that particular torrent programme with your torrents?
That torrent is working for me.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Have you given this a try:
As a baseline, here's how to fix torrents not starting (feel free to link directly to this comment).

1. Delete the torrent from your client.
  2. Sign out from dl.rpdl.net
  3. Sign back in again and download the torrent again fresh
  4. Add the NEW torrent to your client.

It's an issue with users not correctly getting logged out when their session expires. We're very aware and we know how annoying it is. The developers have a hopeful fix but it's on the development branch. We're working to get it on production ASAP but it'll likely take a few weeks.

Reactions: bolonar and dav121

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Unfortunately dl.rpdl.net was down for ~2 hours.

The short version was a mount fell over, causing disk to run to 100% usage on the main hypervisor (backups).

It's fixed now and things are back online. I think that's our longest downtime due to something within our control - bummer. Will be looking at different fixes for this so it doesn't happen again.