Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV v1.62 Linux Mac and Windows

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
It doesn't look like that's the case, everything looks fine but it just doesn't work anymore. I tried downloading Treasure of Nadia since that game has a Linux version but it's exactly the same thing. Fall:Out still works but I'm not even sure that game is really RPGM, and if it is I have no idea what they changed.
Run Treasure of Nadia through the terminal and post the output.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Fontconfig error: Cannot load config file from /etc/fonts/fonts.conf
ok, it is more complex and actually doesn't belong in this thread because it isn't an RPG MV Maker issue.

Your problem seems to be related to an updated version of fontconfig liberaries. Apparently it isn't the first time that fontconfig cause a problem on Arch-based Linux systems. Check here:

Try to roll it back and see if it fix your problem.

arytonex

Aug 1, 2020
Your problem seems to be related to an updated version of fontconfig liberaries. Apparently it isn't the first time that fontconfig cause a problem on Arch-based Linux systems. Check here:
I have the same problem as theirs and I can assure you this is a problem with RPG Maker MV's libraries. Thing is, NW.js shipped their own version of fontconfig at the time, which obviously is obsolete by now.
You can run games on newer, vanilla NW.js versions, however I did notice two problems with that:
- The game lags and freezes a lot. (You can turn GPU acceleration off tho)
- The game locks up if it loses focus for whatever reason (or it may just incontrollably lag and then snap back to normal state)

I guess that the best shot for recent Linux distros is to just run the game in a browser somehow.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I have the same problem as theirs and I can assure you this is a problem with RPG Maker MV's libraries. Thing is, NW.js shipped their own version of fontconfig at the time, which obviously is obsolete by now.
You can run games on newer, vanilla NW.js versions, however I did notice two problems with that:
- The game locks up if it loses focus for whatever reason (or it may just incontrollably lag and then snap back to normal state)

I guess that the best shot for recent Linux distros is to just run the game in a browser somehow.
Which Distro do you have? Arch too? Because so far the non Debian-based user reported this problem.

Download an older version of NW.js. I saw that someone reported that v0.44 of nw.js worked for him.

ruziy

Feb 15, 2019
Which Distro do you have? Arch too? Because so far the non Debian-based user reported this problem.
II have exactly the same problem on Debian Unstable. It was cured by downgrading nwjs to 0.45.

P.S. According to , versions 0.46 and 0.47 have some problems with webgl2.

Aikawa Aiko

Jul 12, 2020
has anyone ever made videos loop in MV until you hit a key ? I found the loop command but it doesnt work at all

J103

Sep 22, 2016

That somehow might be Lutris. I didn't realize until a few days ago but if you go to 'runners' and install the web runner it can run RPG Maker MV games. I used to play some MV games with browsers until they stopped working some time ago for some reason, and Lutris used to just use my browser to load any web game (RPGM MV or anything else). It seems they added their own way of running web games and now it just works without external web browsers and it even has a few extra config options.

I'll try to play a few games and see how long it takes until I get an error but this could be a good alternative if everything else fails.

By the way, I tried to run RPG Maker MV games from Linux Mint with the same files that didn't work in Manjaro and they worked but I still run into some error messages from time to time. I'm not sure if this is the games' fault or if it happens because of some incompatibilities with the native files from this thread, if it's the second option then playing the games using Lutris could be the better option.

KryzstofGryc

Jun 7, 2018
Tried this tool on Mom's Report, worked fine upon playing but I have a similar problem to puppy.love that I can't save, I changed the permissions to read & write but it still gives me the same error

I just recently downloaded the game and the save folder itself didn't exist when I started playing it

Shade177

Feb 2, 2019
I went to go play Cursed Armor and all of my progress is gone. All of the saves are still there in the saves folder however the game doesn't seem to recognize that they are still there. The game is in an external SSD that is connected via usb which gets unplugged and plugged between my laptop and desktop fairly often. Any help on solving the issue? Cursed Armor.png Cursed Armor save location.png Loading Saves ingame.png

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I went to go play Cursed Armor and all of my progress is gone. All of the saves are still there in the saves folder however the game doesn't seem to recognize that they are still there. The game is in an external SSD that is connected via usb which gets unplugged and plugged between my laptop and desktop fairly often. Any help on solving the issue?
Wouldn't it be better to ask your question in the game's thread?? :unsure:

Anyway, first you should make sure that your saves work at all. You can check it if you move or copy the entire game folder to another drive. For test purpose I would copy/move it on the desktop. If your saves work from your desktop then you know that it is an issue with your permissions.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
I went to go play Cursed Armor and all of my progress is gone. All of the saves are still there in the saves folder however the game doesn't seem to recognize that they are still there. The game is in an external SSD that is connected via usb which gets unplugged and plugged between my laptop and desktop fairly often. Any help on solving the issue?
Place the "save" folder inside "www" folder.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
I feel dumb that I didn't see that :FacePalm:

Btw. have you tried the new RPG Maker MZ yet?
:)
Yes, but I won't buy it. It offers nothing more than mv (updating the nwjs and using 64bit by default, tinkering a bit the json files and "adding" features that already existed in plugins is not worth 70$, I wouldn't pay more than 20$ for this "upgrade").

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
:)
Yes, but I won't buy it. It offers nothing more than mv (updating the nwjs and using 64bit by default, tinkering a bit the json files and "adding" features that already existed in plugins is not worth 70$, I wouldn't pay more than 20$ for this "upgrade").
I read some reviews pointed out the same as you did. 70 $ is indeed to much for something that could have been an update or upgrade for much less.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
I read some reviews pointed out the same as you did. 70 $ is indeed to much for something that could have been an update or upgrade for much less.
If you try it, you'll see that any mv game can be converted in mz and viceversa (as long as it does not have specific pixi.js plugins). It's is just an mv in disguise.

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
Just leaving some information in here that my benefit those here. With Wine, I've got XP, VX, and VX Ace set and running fine. With RPG Maker MV, it's really hit or miss. I've tried rpg maker 1.62 from here, nwjs versions 0.44, 48.1, and 3 other nwjs versions on Linux Mint 20 (Ubuntu 20.04). On 0.44 and 1.62, the games performed perfectly with one issue- Can't save. No matter what I do, it's not able to save. AT ALL. That's really annoying.
While playing the Linux version of Peasants Quest 2.11, i noticed the structure is different than the usual setup I see with RPG Maker MV so I simply switched out the www and locale folders with those from a windows game and it ran the games and saved. Since then, I've tested with several games (15 so far) and they all work with one interesting twist. Some games like "Aliens in the Backyard" and "Konosuba Beauty Contest" have a weird text issue where it displays "{intro1}" but doesn't show the actual dialogue. But at this point, it's a much better option than anything else right now because it actually runs and saves at least 90% of the games I've tested this on. And to me, it seems to be easier to me to fix the font issues.

Any ideas?

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Just leaving some information in here that my benefit those here. With Wine, I've got XP, VX, and VX Ace set and running fine. With RPG Maker MV, it's really hit or miss. I've tried rpg maker 1.62 from here, nwjs versions 0.44, 48.1, and 3 other nwjs versions on Linux Mint 20 (Ubuntu 20.04). On 0.44 and 1.62, the games performed perfectly with one issue- Can't save. No matter what I do, it's not able to save. AT ALL. That's really annoying.
While playing the Linux version of Peasants Quest 2.11, i noticed the structure is different than the usual setup I see with RPG Maker MV so I simply switched out the www and locale folders with those from a windows game and it ran the games and saved. Since then, I've tested with several games (15 so far) and they all work with one interesting twist. Some games like "Aliens in the Backyard" and "Konosuba Beauty Contest" have a weird text issue where it displays "{intro1}" but doesn't show the actual dialogue. But at this point, it's a much better option than anything else right now because it actually runs and saves at least 90% of the games I've tested this on. And to me, it seems to be easier to me to fix the font issues.

Any ideas?
What different structure? :unsure:
"Peasants Quest 2.11" simply uses MV v1.41 (MV 1.4.x and MV 1.5.x are the same)

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes