Tool RPGM RPG Maker Unpacker

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I tried it before and there is some error that I don't understand. Maybe that means that game doesn't need to be unpacked?
In the game folder there are 2 another folders: "locales" and "www". In "locales" there are many .pak files, in "www" there are many another folders like "data", "audio" and another. Maybe THEY are encrypted, because I can't open them, for example, files in "audio" have .rpgmvo extension. Graphics have .rpgmvp extension.
Maybe. What game is this for? You'll know if a game needs to be unpacked because 1) It will have a very large Game.exe as it contains many of the game's assets and most of the scripts contained in it. A default Game.exe should pretty much always be 45,344 KB for an RPGM MV game that's unhacked. 2) If you open it with a file archiver like 7zip or WinRAR, there will be files with the extension .enigma 3) There are limited picture assets in the img folder and no .jsons in the Data folder, or no data folder at all.

Given that there are proprietary RPGM file extensions, the game is probably unpacked and just needs to be decrypted with the second program I linked.

Kirino-7

Apr 4, 2021
What game is this for?
I don't get your question. If you mean that why I want to open current game - just for fun.
A default Game.exe should pretty much always be 45,344 KB for an RPGM MV game that's unhacked.
My game.exe is 45344 KB, yes. So it's encypted?
If you open it with a file archiver like 7zip or WinRAR, there will be files with the extension .enigma
You mean open game.exe with winrar? I can't open any .exe with it, there is no button for that.
There are limited picture assets in the img folder and no .jsons in the Data folder, or no data folder at all.
There are many pictures in img folder that I can't open because all of them are .rpgmvp. There are many .json files in data folder.
Given that there are proprietary RPGM file extensions, the game is probably unpacked and just needs to be decrypted with the second program I linked.
I downloaded "RPGMV-DECRYPTOR-WIN32.zip" and run RPGMV-DECRYPTOR.exe. Looks like it needs just a game folder (where game.exe is). I do it and just got error "failed to execute script gui".

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I don't get your question. If you mean that why I want to open current game - just for fun.

My game.exe is 45344 KB, yes. So it's encypted?

You mean open game.exe with winrar? I can't open any .exe with it, there is no button for that.

There are many pictures in img folder that I can't open because all of them are .rpgmvp. There are many .json files in data folder.

I downloaded "RPGMV-DECRYPTOR-WIN32.zip" and run RPGMV-DECRYPTOR.exe. Looks like it needs just a game folder (where game.exe is). I do it and just got error "failed to execute script gui".
I'm asking what game you are trying to decrypt. As in what is the name of the game so I can figure out why you're having issues. The game is unpacked, the files are just encrypted. Make sure it is located in a folder where you have admin privileges, the drive has free space, and there are no special characters in the directory path. Also remove all .exes except the Game.exe before using the decrypter. So if you still have the enigma unpacker exe in the game folder, move it.

Kirino-7

Apr 4, 2021
I just decrypted it. Make sure all the things I said in my last post are followed before you decrypt it.
I don't know what else could be wrong. I have admin rights, drive has free space, no special symbols, there were no exes except game.exe. Still got "failed to execute script gui" error. Tried it on another computer, same error. Maybe you can reccomend me another way, like another soft? What a strange thing.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I don't know what else could be wrong. I have admin rights, drive has free space, no special symbols, there were no exes except game.exe. Still got "failed to execute script gui" error. Tried it on another computer, same error. Maybe you can reccomend me another way, like another soft? What a strange thing.
You can try this decrypter. I haven't used it in ages but it should work fine.

Reactions: VI487

Kirino-7

Apr 4, 2021
You can try this decrypter. I haven't used it in ages but it should work fine.
It works, but I got only 2 folders: "img" and "audio" with decrypted files that I can open. But is that enough? If that's okay, I don't know what should be done next. I tried to copy all of this files to game folder, so now it's turned to mixed version (encrypted and decrypted files). Trying to run .rpgproject file in game directory gave me same error (failed to load actors.json). Tried to delete encrypted files, and game doesn't work after that.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
It works, but I got only 2 folders: "img" and "audio" with decrypted files that I can open. But is that enough? If that's okay, I don't know what should be done next. I tried to copy all of this files to game folder, so now it's turned to mixed version (encrypted and decrypted files). Trying to run .rpgproject file in game directory gave me same error (failed to load actors.json). Tried to delete encrypted files, and game doesn't work after that.
Dude, I don't know what you want to do lol. If you just want to look at the assets like pictures and sounds, then decrypting should do that. If you want to open the game in RPGM MV, the first program should make a game.rpgproject file. If it's not created in the www folder, make sure it's in the highest level of that folder or MV won't be able to find the files. You can copy game.project files between any game, they are identical. For the second program delete the encrypted assets before you put the unencrypted assets in, or go through the folders and sort by type and manually delete them.

Reactions: Kirino-7

Kirino-7

Apr 4, 2021
Dude, I don't know what you want to do lol. If you just want to look at the assets like pictures and sounds, then decrypting should do that.
Yes, I wanted to open game in RPG Maker MV. Didn't know that project file should be in www folder. I thought that it's like in VX Ace. In first try game was opened, but all graphics wasn't shown. After that i copied decrypted files and it works: game is open!
Thank you very much for your help!;)

Reactions: yoyomistro

DSnov101

Aug 20, 2018
Hello, this is my second time translating a game and wanted to see if someone can help me out. I used the decrypter tool on a rgss3a file and translated this game with translator ++. After being done with the process and removing the rgss3a file out of the game folder, I opened the game. When I opened it I got this error
Screenshot (5).png
When I put the rgss3a file back into the folder, I opened the game back up and it went fine except it wasn't translated as expected. I'm just wondering if there is any way to fix this or is this just a problem with rgss3a files?

tigerlady360

Dec 17, 2018
im trying to use enigma on a boxed game but im getting this, any suggestions?

[+] MD5: d0d686e8f20c56d38e4c8e0fb7bbf244
[+] x86 executable
[+] Embedded files are compressed
[?] LoaderSize = 0. Probably old unsupported EnigmaVB version.
[!] Unknown EnigmaVB version, cannot guarantee that unpacking will work properly!
[!] unknown virtual file type 0
[!] unknown virtual file type 0

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
Can someone assist me? im trying to unpack https://f95zone.to/threads/the-shimmering-horizon-and-cursed-blacksmith-v0-43-ason.41290/ and I'm just not getting any success... I want to add the RPG Cheat menu but I cant without a WWW folder
I know its a RPG game due to the save files being .RPGSAVE
The game appears to be build on "RPGMV 1.6.2" and its data is contained in ".\resources\app.asar" you can unpack/pack it using (requires NodeJS to run) and its a CLI so you'll have to run it from a command prompt, ie: asar_extract.png
Resulting in:
files_extracted.png

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
1627868962865.png
What do I use to extract this? Game name isn't in English but my folder says "媚薬スーパー銭湯 製品版".

EDIT: Nevermind. EVBU worked fine.

Last edited:

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
Thanks for this, bit of necromancy I suppose but its helped me properly document a bug and might be fun to toy with later. Its remarkably easy and intuitive to mess with rpgmaker games. This and RPG Maker VX Ace and all is well :)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote