Tool RPGM RPG Maker Unpacker

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Wolfmaw

Dec 21, 2019
What am I supposed to do if the game doesn't have an .rgss file, just an .exe and a pile of .rvdata2 files? Already tried the Enigma Unpacker and it didn't work

edit: nevermind, I was so focused on trying to "decrypt" the exe that the obvious solution of just creating a new project and copying the files over was an option

Last edited:
Reactions: DaniGriezmann7

DaniGriezmann7

Jun 10, 2020
What am I supposed to do if the game doesn't have an .rgss file, just an .exe and a pile of .rvdata2 files? Already tried the Enigma Unpacker and it didn't work

edit: nevermind, I was so focused on trying to "decrypt" the exe that the obvious solution of just creating a new project and copying the files over was an option
me too.

DaniGriezmann7

Jun 10, 2020
What am I supposed to do if the game doesn't have an .rgss file, just an .exe and only a file of game.exe files? because it didn't work

since 2 years ago, I was so focused on trying to "decrypt" the exe file
-RPGM VX Ace

Joseph9999

Aug 6, 2017
Fpr some reason the whole game is just game.exe and a save file. Anyway to unbox the game so I can see files like Data or Graphics

Reactions: Enimara

Annacito

Dec 22, 2018
can someone please help me so i can get the cheat lady? im not that good at computers .. and i tried the things over here .. but cant figure it out ..

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
Is there a newer version with an upper limit? I tried it with princess & conquest but it gets the error "outside array" meaning it can't extract all files due to hitting the limit, even with the edited 25,000 files version it hits the limit.

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
Is there a newer version with an upper limit? I tried it with princess & conquest but it gets the error "outside array" meaning it can't extract all files due to hitting the limit, even with the edited 25,000 files version it hits the limit.
This one seems to work for your purposes:

Reactions: Bloemkool

Grey Qual

Jul 16, 2018
Hi I've been trying unpack an RPG Maker VX Ace game. Been trying to increase save slots, tried rvpacker but I could not get it to work. I saw that there is a DataManager.rb file that needs to be edited to increase save slots. The Decrypter doesn't seem to give out this DataManager.rb file. I've been searching and haven't found a way to get this file, can anyone provide suggestions? Thanks in advance!

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Hi I've been trying unpack an RPG Maker VX Ace game. Been trying to increase save slots, tried rvpacker but I could not get it to work. I saw that there is a DataManager.rb file that needs to be edited to increase save slots. The Decrypter doesn't seem to give out this DataManager.rb file. I've been searching and haven't found a way to get this file, can anyone provide suggestions? Thanks in advance!
You have to use a program like Gemini to read Ruby scripts or use RPG Maker VX Ace which is included in the AIO package for Ace, XP, and 2003 to just open the game and edit the save numbers in there. You can use RVpacker but some of the dependencies are deprecated and you have to replace them with newer variants and that's a bit of a pain in the ass, not to mention unpacking and repacking every time you want to make a change.

Reactions: Grey Qual

Grey Qual

Jul 16, 2018
You have to use a program like Gemini to read Ruby scripts or use RPG Maker VX Ace which is included in the AIO package for Ace, XP, and 2003 to just open the game and edit the save numbers in there. You can use RVpacker but some of the dependencies are deprecated and you have to replace them with newer variants and that's a bit of a pain in the ass, not to mention unpacking and repacking every time you want to make a change.
The deprecated dependencies were the problem as to why I wasn't able to get rvpacker to work. Do you perhaps know of another easy way I can increase the number of save slots? That's really my only goal here. I just want to play the game but 16 slots is a little less, thanks!

Edit: Was able to decrypt using decrypter, and then use the Gemini that you linked to edit DataManager under the scripts.rvdata2 file, thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: yoyomistro

Kirino-7

Apr 4, 2021
Sorry if I write in wrong thread. I used this soft to unpack some RPG Maker VX Ace Games, it worked. I know that it doesn't work with RPG Maker MV games, so what software should I use? And it seems like concept is another. There is no encrypted files like .rgss3a, just .exe. Someone wrote here that "Enigma VB Unpacker" are useful in these cases, so it's the only way? I tried it, but it doesn't work.

Kirino-7

Apr 4, 2021
I forgot to tell that I don't know if I need to decrypt game. I want to open RPG Maker MV game and just try to open .rpgproject file in game folder, like I did in RPG Maker VX Ace case. But I got an error "Failed to load: data/actors.json". There was same error with RPG Maker VX Ace, and that was because game was encrypted. Maybe I don't understand something.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I forgot to tell that I don't know if I need to decrypt game. I want to open RPG Maker MV game and just try to open .rpgproject file in game folder, like I did in RPG Maker VX Ace case. But I got an error "Failed to load: data/actors.json". There was same error with RPG Maker VX Ace, and that was because game was encrypted. Maybe I don't understand something.
There are two different things that one might need to do with RPGM MV games: unpack, or decrypt. To unpack, you need to use Enigma VB Unpacker, and make sure you use the latest version to avoid errors, found here: . Also if the game is large, you will need free space on the drive of about at least 10x the size of the game. So if the game is 2GB, you need at least 20GB free space on the drive. IDK why, that's just how it works.

Once it's unpacked, make sure the game.exe is in the correct directory, you might have a folder where the unpacked content is in and you need to move all that content up one directory level into the game.exe folder. Also there may be an extra .exe file, you can go ahead and delete the one not named Game.exe as well as the original unpacked file (make sure you have a backup). Sometimes, once the content is unpacked, asset files might also be encrypted using Enterbrain's proprietary formats. Then you would need to use one of the RPG MV Decrypter programs available. There are two prominent ones I think, I'll link the one I use more often: . To use that, navigate to the Game.exe directory after you've ensured that the game can start properly, and it will decrypt all the asset files.

Kirino-7

Apr 4, 2021
To unpack, you need to use Enigma VB Unpacker, and make sure you use the latest version to avoid errors, found here: .
I tried it before and there is some error that I don't understand. Maybe that means that game doesn't need to be unpacked?
In the game folder there are 2 another folders: "locales" and "www". In "locales" there are many .pak files, in "www" there are many another folders like "data", "audio" and another. Maybe THEY are encrypted, because I can't open them, for example, files in "audio" have .rpgmvo extension. Graphics have .rpgmvp extension.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote