Tool RPGM RPG Maker Unpacker

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

dadilolbup

Oct 22, 2017
Short guide for new people to help with the unpacking of RPG maker archives.

Note: this only works for RPG maker XP, VX and VX Ace. NOT for MV!

1. Download the decrypter at: (courtesy of some guy on reddit)
  2. Download and install the .net 4.0 framework if needed
  3. Run the decrypter.exe file you downloaded in step 1. I usually copy it in the game folder, since it's only 300 kB.
  4. Press "file", then "open archive" and navigate to your game folder and select the archive (.rgss file)
  5. Then press "Tools" and "Extract all files". The extractor will now start extraction. It will create a new folder in the same location as your archive with the name "extract". It will give you a message when it is ready.
  6. Cut the content of the "extract" folder when the extractor is done and paste it in your main game folder. This will most likely include the "graphics" folder. Overwrite where needed.
  7. Rename or remove the archive if you're adding translations. If you don't, then the archive will still have priority and nothing changes. This also saves a lot of disk space.
How to apply a partial translation on a Japanese game:
  1. Extract the RPG maker archive as instructed above. Don't forget to remove the archive after extracting!
  2. Download the partial translation
  3. Copy and overwrite the files in the partial translation
  4. Run game

Posted by WeebsAreGay
Thank you for the decryptor :)

Kirino-7

Apr 4, 2021
I want to open game "Consider Nanaha"/"Nanaha yo".
Game is made in RPG Maker VX. Is it possible to open VX projects in VX Ace?
I even have VX, but it doesn't work for some reason.
I tried to open in VXA, but there's error "failed to load actor data". I remember that this error often was when something is still encrypted or something. But i don't know, maybe it's because game made in VX.
I decrypted game.rgss2a and there was 2 folders: "graphics" and "data". "Audio" folder is existing already. I noticed, maybe it's strange, because, as i remember, VXA games includes folders like "system", "fonts", "movies", but this game is not. Idk, maybe it's okay for VX.

AnonymousFel

Mar 10, 2020
I'm trying to decrypt a rgss3a file, and while it DOES work, it does not show all the files contained in the encrypted file. I assume it's because the encrypted file is too large for the decrypter, but I'm not sure. I would like to know a fix, or an alternative. (I just want to see them images... and MAYBE mod the game a lil bit)

Yomannn

Aug 28, 2021
I got this error after i pasted the extracted file and deleting the game.rgss file can someone help?

ArchmageFil

Aug 19, 2017
I'm trying to decrypt a rgss3a file, and while it DOES work, it does not show all the files contained in the encrypted file.
Late, but maybe for someone will come in handy
In my experience, with big files it works best when you just select the archive file and then immediately Tools → Extract All.

my computer says theres a virus in the download
If your computer is talking to you, then you should contact a psychiatrist. Remember, any disease is easier to cure in the early stages.

Seriously, only couple shitty antiviruses like McAfee detect something.

Last edited:

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
1659262816060.png
what do i do about this error?
The game only has an exe and save folder.

EDIT: the Virtual File Extractor worked, but it's a little clunky to use. It doesn't extract the full game, you need to do it folder by folder.

Last edited:

MokoMilk

Dec 30, 2017
I downloaded the app, went to file and open file but i can't find any kind of file in the game i want to decrypt. what am I missing here?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Had to dig for a while, and even the most recent link isn't up to date.

If you're not able to unpack an RPG MV Game try using the updated from LifeinHex. Worked for me. Seems a new version of EVB is being used on some modern games that doesn't make sense to the old Unpacker distros.

Jaiho

Sep 26, 2018
View attachment 1956893
what do i do about this error?
The game only has an exe and save folder.

EDIT: the Virtual File Extractor worked, but it's a little clunky to use. It doesn't extract the full game, you need to do it folder by folder.
I am getting same error with enigma vb. When i try to download virtual file extractor from previous page, it's giving "Malformed attachment request " error. Can you upload it on gofile?

Last edited:

Mori cho

Aug 19, 2019
Will be able to decrypt the files and turn them into normal pngs. If the Data files are in .yaml, that's readable by most standard text editors like Notepad++. Otherwise, all game files are accessible in the subfolders Graphics, Data, and System.
data files are in rvdata2

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote