Cakeey

Dec 13, 2017
Any game runs fine with that type of specifications lol :KEK:

Many of them barely have 8gb or below RAM here and some don't even have graphics card.
Btw the requirements for this game is high when compared to other RPGM games :coffee:
You have a point

Not sure what could be causing it, game is nice though

At least i haven't encountered any error in my playthrough
T.png

Wowadoo

Jun 28, 2020
New Update Yall:

Update: Ver.1.0.6
1) Update engine nwjs core to v0.78.1
2) Render environment light after map load to fix the bug caused by light plugin
3) Give a wrap for each possible event in description box

Update: Ver 1.1.0
1) Refine Japanese translation.
2) Lower game resolution from 1920*1080 to 1536*864.
3) Lower all image assets resolution and quality to increase performance.
4) Add back a small light source and enemy breath effect due to performance up.
5) Fix a bug that wrongly displays slaved mode portraits.
6) Fix a bug that battle command windows disappear after surrender in previous battle.

So Basically, lowered resolution and image resolution can increase performance, but who knows, that's for this update so far.

Aug 4, 2017
New Update Yall:

Update: Ver.1.0.6
1) Update engine nwjs core to v0.78.1
2) Render environment light after map load to fix the bug caused by light plugin
3) Give a wrap for each possible event in description box

Update: Ver 1.1.0
1) Refine Japanese translation.
2) Lower game resolution from 1920*1080 to 1536*864.
3) Lower all image assets resolution and quality to increase performance.
4) Add back a small light source and enemy breath effect due to performance up.
5) Fix a bug that wrongly displays slaved mode portraits.
6) Fix a bug that battle command windows disappear after surrender in previous battle.

So Basically, lowered resolution and image resolution can increase performance, but who knows, that's for this update so far.
This tells us the dev himself either:
Doesnt know what's causing the performance issues
or
Knows whats causing the conflict but doesnt want to remove it for some reason, like conflicting plugins.
decresing resolution and image quality will do little to nothing as ITS JUST STATIC STANDING CGS this is not red dead redemption or skyrim where you lower your settings for a perfomance boost.
Whats going on??? Will this be the first RPGM game to make use of DLSS?

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
This tells us the dev himself either:
Doesnt know what's causing the performance issues
or
Knows whats causing the conflict but doesnt want to remove it for some reason, like conflicting plugins.
decresing resolution and image quality will do little to nothing as ITS JUST STATIC STANDING CGS this is not red dead redemption or skyrim where you lower your settings for a perfomance boost.
Whats going on??? Will this be the first RPGM game to make use of DLSS?
Considering the OG trial release runs with minimal bugs and lacks these performance issues, but has the full game locked behind one switch check, it is kinda bizarre all of these issues are in the actual release versions.
Edit: And unfortunately all the pirate sites updated to latest, broken version. -.-

Wowadoo

Jun 28, 2020
Does anyone actually have the Initial Release Trial Version? Not the current trial version but the one with the initial release?

Aug 4, 2017
Considering the OG trial release runs with minimal bugs and lacks these performance issues, but has the full game locked behind one switch check, it is kinda bizarre all of these issues are in the actual release versions.
Edit: And unfortunately all the pirate sites updated to latest, broken version. -.-
Wait, really? The current trial version has these issues, but then wtf did he do to "introduce" these slowdowns?

h4xoor

Donor
Dec 2, 2018
Unironically download the demo version, run it with Mtool, and uncheck the Trial switch. The Demo has a full version of the game with trial switch on, the purchase version has 100% same content with trial switch defaulted to off state. The demo versions runs better than purchase version, no idea why.
Thanks for the reply,i sued this tool in the past,but only to translate stuff,however, at the switch tab,the trial is already unticked,i used the demo version,so i still need to check something,or it's "unlocked itself" and good to go?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It doesn't specify it clearly enough for my monkey brain. Lastly,i will always need to run this tool,if i want the full version unlocked,or just once.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
Thanks for the reply,i sued this tool in the past,but only to translate stuff,however, at the switch tab,the trial is already unticked,i used the demo version,so i still need to check something,or it's "unlocked itself" and good to go?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It doesn't specify it clearly enough for my monkey brain. Lastly,i will always need to run this tool,if i want the full version unlocked,or just once.

Thanks in advance for the answer.
The checked means it's trial version, locking you out of content, unchecked means no lock on content (going past 1st room and using order.) That's how it was on release, not sure if anything changed with 1.05 and after.

h4xoor

Donor
Dec 2, 2018
The checked means it's trial version, locking you out of content, unchecked means no lock on content (going past 1st room and using order.) That's how it was on release, not sure if anything changed with 1.05 and after.
I see,thanks. It is just funny,because if its truly how it is,the demo is unlocked by default.

Tevildo77

Dec 23, 2017
Wow, talk about a good game held back by bad coding, anyway I think this thread's OP should honestly include either a direct link to the trial version, or just some text giving players the run down on why they should download the trial version, and a link to M-tool for those who don't have it yet.

Wowadoo

Jun 28, 2020
Well good news/bad news?

I tried to download the Initial Trial Version, with which I thought was the right link, from the when the game was initially released. (The Initial Trial version should have around 676 size with 2-3 MB deviation)

However, it seems that it downloaded the trial version for the recent version, 1.10. If you're wondering, the current games version is 1.10, trial and full, but it seems that the locale for English and Traditional Chinese hasn't updated the game download link.

The Games size now seems to be 359 MB Without Extraction, and 599 MB After Extraction. A significant decrease in game size from the previous version,
around a 200-300 MB decrease in size.

That said, the game now actually Runs Pretty well, around 6 times faster then before . Although there is still some lag, it's fully playable now from what I saw playing it so far.

But, Looking at the game files, comparing it to the previous versions, it's clearly more refined, with unnecessary things like payload or ChromeDriver, and even some other folders which aren't there now. In fact, if you go to Local Appdata, Ruled by Rule is now also a folder there. With this I'm almost 90% sure even if it wasn't actually fully optimized, dudes been trolling us to some degree or something.

Basically, game is way more playable now, go ahead and download the recent version, no viruses or nada.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017
Well good news/bad news?

I tried to download the Initial Trial Version, with which I thought was the right link, from the when the game was initially released. (The Initial Trial version should have around 676 size with 2-3 MB deviation)

However, it seems that it downloaded the trial version for the recent version, 1.10. If you're wondering, the current games version is 1.10, trial and full, but it seems that the locale for English and Traditional Chinese hasn't updated the game download link.

The Games size now seems to be 359 MB Without Extraction, and 599 MB After Extraction. A significant decrease in game size from the previous version,
around a 200-300 MB decrease in size.

That said, the game now actually Runs Pretty well, around 6 times faster then before . Although there is still some lag, it's fully playable now from what I saw playing it so far.

But, Looking at the game files, comparing it to the previous versions, it's clearly more refined, with unnecessary things like payload or ChromeDriver, and even some other folders which aren't there now. In fact, if you go to Local Appdata, Ruled by Rule is now also a folder there. With this I'm almost 90% sure even if it wasn't actually fully optimized, dudes been trolling us to some degree or something.

Basically, game is way more playable now, go ahead and download the recent version, no viruses or nada.
It's still beyond slow for me, i can now see some of the cut-ins during a fight but it's still way too bogged down for an RPGM game, i should be getting 60/50 fps, not 10.

Aug 4, 2017
i don't see any bad news? this is just great news all round, except maybe the " dudes been trolling us" part
The bad news is that even though its an update to increase perfomance, the game is still very much laggy.
Tbh no matter how much he downgrades the quality on t he images or lowers resolution, there is something in the way that the game was made that is eating up a crap ton of ram and GPU usage, there must be some ongoing loop or some variable that is updating thousands of times per second or something. This is not normal.

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
That's probably good news, honestly I've not had slow-down issues personally in any version posted so far when running it: but noticed 1.05 had issues where post-loss battles would freeze during battle (if RPGM is not restarted) and ctrl no longer fast skipped through animation. Going to wait till 18th or after for his so-called major performance update, hopefully it'll be straightened out by then. Edit: Alright, found full version 8/8 that works for me without any issue. Just sticking with it unless 18th does something really different.

Last edited:

Wowadoo

Jun 28, 2020
It's still beyond slow for me, i can now see some of the cut-ins during a fight but it's still way too bogged down for an RPGM game, i should be getting 60/50 fps, not 10.
Yeah, It's definitely still laggy for others too, but at least for me it's less laggier, about 50-60% less then before in the least. I'd say wait until the 18th where he actually fully optimizes the game, don't get hopes up too much though.

2.90 star(s) 32 Votes