tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Its also easy to see the "faults" of people and ignore their merits.

If after all I've said you could not see a single glimpse of courage from the dev who had spent years of his life working on his passion as a hobby;
if you could not pay a tiny little respect to the dedication and throw insults to the dev without solid proof just because of this one thing in the game you didn't like.
Then say what you want but do not expect people to respect you and take your words seriously.
It doesn't take a lot of courage to try to be a youtuber/developer relying on patreon/instragram thot etc. It's a dream job so unless you have something better already why not try it?

I fell like I am the only person in this thread who realizes what courage is.

• Haha
Reactions: Pissit

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
I fell like I am the only person in this thread who realizes what courage is.
I was intentionally staying on the sidelines while you spilled drivel, but this absolutely hilarious sentence deserves some derisive applause. What a load!! LOL. What the world DOESN'T need at the moment is more toxic narcissism and your entire preposterous diatribe reveals you wear that moniker (ie, narcissist) like white on rice.

- "The only character people cared about"....no, some did, some did not, but you have set yourself as sole judge on the matter.
- "I'm telling the truth...." No, you are expressing an opinion--and only your opinion. The TRUTH is that we all have opinions and some align with yours and some don't.
- "The only thing that matters is how fun the game is to play." You get butt-hurt that the story didn't flow in your direction, so you pronounce judgement as if your opinion is all that matters. Well, buckaroo...read the hundreds of posts. MOST folks here were having a lot of fun, including me. So again, your OPINION is not the arbiter of truth.

Now, one other character flaw of a narcissist is the desire, almost a need, to have the last word. So, dear fellow, have the last word if you must. Hopefully you will feel a little more fulfilled tonight. But know that the rest of us will be tipping a pint or shot of bourbon in memory of your delusion. The rest of us will carry on.

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
I was intentionally staying on the sidelines while you spilled drivel, but this absolutely hilarious sentence deserves some derisive applause. What a load!! LOL. What the world DOESN'T need at the moment is more toxic narcissism and your entire preposterous diatribe reveals you wear that moniker (ie, narcissist) like white on rice.

- "The only character people cared about"....no, some did, some did not, but you have set yourself as sole judge on the matter.
- "I'm telling the truth...." No, you are expressing an opinion--and only your opinion. The TRUTH is that we all have opinions and some align with yours and some don't.
- "The only thing that matters is how fun the game is to play." You get butt-hurt that the story didn't flow in your direction, so you pronounce judgement as if your opinion is all that matters. Well, buckaroo...read the hundreds of posts. MOST folks here were having a lot of fun, including me. So again, your OPINION is not the arbiter of truth.

Now, one other character flaw of a narcissist is the desire, almost a need, to have the last word. So, dear fellow, have the last word if you must. Hopefully you will feel a little more fulfilled tonight. But know that the rest of us will be tipping a pint or shot of bourbon in memory of your delusion. The rest of us will carry on.
You are delusional. Most people were here for the sister. Back when 0.3 dropped a lot of people were disappointed with how lazily the game was continued after many months of dev inactivity. You are all butt-hurt because there is at least one person smart enough to see how scared the dev was from trying to continue basically the only story line that made his game worthwhile. There is nothing wrong with creating more locations and characters, but to do it before making a solid progress with the main story? It doesn't take a nuclear scientist to figure out why this game never became ultra popular even tough it had the 10/10 sister.

Last edited:

dexter111

May 31, 2017
It had the potential to be my favorite game, but the developer is a coward. You can't convince me that in a game with such a 10/10 character like the sister there is any point in having extra main characters not to mention extra locations far away from the sister. Developers are usually too scared to focus on the main prize because they are worried that they will disappoint the bulk of their audience or that the project would be eventually stop being interesting when the sister is already in love with you/locked up in the basement. It happens over and over again. It's the reason most games end after 0.1 or 0.2 and they never get traction.
i wonder what made you think that the sister is the main prize here

HHSForever

Jul 16, 2017
Creating a village and characters is easy. Anyone can do it. It just takes time. To create an interesting game requires much more than that. It requires skill to build a relationship like the one with the sister and it requires a lot skill to keep the scenes with them that take hours to play through interesting. The dev ran away from that like the coward he is and started working on scenes with secondary characters.
This is part of the game, not the whole game, as mentioned before the game title is Runaway Princess, not brother and sister live alone in small village. She is not an adventurer, she stayed behind while he travels but I am pretty sure the dev had mentioned her continuing to be apart of the game from his original plan. He did a great job building their relationship and day to day life at home,h e expanded on the game world and then lost motivation, ideas or time to continue working on it. You could say he was bad at prioritizing or maintaining consistency, not that he was a coward. If anything it was probably to show how far from his comfort zone the main character was going, a little like Bilbo going on an adventure. He is young, he is used to his lazy village life and now he is going out and exploring the world himself, meeting new people, experiencing a new life. If the game continued he could have returned home to her at some point, maybe to bring her along to various hub locations once he established himself in a town or city, but instead, the game was abandoned. Hopefully the remake includes all aspects of the original and builds on them.

4.30 star(s) 35 Votes