RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Your "remake" of it will still have NTR?
*looks at story arcs* Hmm, hmm, yepp, that's NTR right there. *nods* ;)

Now, serious mode:
We keep the content that was in Runaway Princess. We are not rewriting it as in "take the idea but make a new story out of it". The rewrite is changing the dialogue, true, but we do it to make it better, more fluent and fit better to the characters the stories are told about. The betterment is obviously subjective, so we will see how that goes.
For Willowdale, as an example, we will still have J doing his stuff and Randy is going to be Randy.
We will give it our own spin with some new content even for Willowdale and especially later on in the Brexton arc and after, obviously. The new spin we give it, will be seen as soon as you start the game, but you will feel as if you were back in Runaway Princess shortly after. That's what we hope, that's what we aim for.

TL;DR: Yes, NTR and all the other "fun" stuff confirmed.

P.S.: But we will also have a setting to block it or skip over scenes.

EmeraldSword

Oct 4, 2019
*looks at story arcs* Hmm, hmm, yepp, that's NTR right there. *nods* ;)

Now, serious mode:
We keep the content that was in Runaway Princess. We are not rewriting it as in "take the idea but make a new story out of it". The rewrite is changing the dialogue, true, but we do it to make it better, more fluent and fit better to the characters the stories are told about. The betterment is obviously subjective, so we will see how that goes.
For Willowdale, as an example, we will still have J doing his stuff and Randy is going to be Randy.
We will give it our own spin with some new content even for Willowdale and especially later on in the Brexton arc and after, obviously. The new spin we give it, will be seen as soon as you start the game, but you will feel as if you were back in Runaway Princess shortly after. That's what we hope, that's what we aim for.

TL;DR: Yes, NTR and all the other "fun" stuff confirmed.

P.S.: But we will also have a setting to block it or skip over scenes.

Many people like me dislike NTR ( I personally hate it) but still are huge fans of Runaway Princess.

Having an option to skip a scene means the scene the scene is still happening, you just you don't see it.

Avoiding a scene is the better choice imo.

Like in the original game you could kiss Marika at the tavern of fail at something and have a guy kiss Marika. Both Harem and NTR fans are happy this way.

Having said that I want to clarify, the game is yours so do what you want and good luck.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022
Many people like me dislike NTR ( I personally hate it) but still are huge fans of Runaway Princess.

Having an option to skip a scene means the scene the scene is still happening, you just you don't see it.

Like in the original game you could kiss Marika at the tavern of fail at something and have a guy kiss Marika. Both Harem and NTR fans are happy this way.

Having said that I want to clarify, the game is yours so do what you want and good luck.
I would assume they'd follow suit, as the original game had many of these interactions occur with mechanical forks; stuff like when you invaded Randy's hosue with thief-girl, you could either betray her or carry out the plan. It wasn't just a matter of skipping kinetic scenes. Same with things like the late game doctor and elf-girl. (it's been so long im forgetting the names)

Reactions: EmeraldSword

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I would assume they'd follow suit, as the original game had many of these interactions occur with mechanical forks; stuff like when you invaded Randy's hosue with thief-girl, you could either betray her or carry out the plan. It wasn't just a matter of skipping kinetic scenes. Same with things like the late game doctor and elf-girl. (it's been so long im forgetting the names)
if played cards wrong/right (depending pov) randy had quality/"quality time with mc's near sis while mc was away.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022
if played cards wrong/right (depending pov) randy had quality/"quality time with mc's near sis while mc was away.
IIRC you could completely block that though by not doing the naked bet with her when you went swimming before you left.... at least that's how I remember it; that was a condition for further Randy shenanigans.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
IIRC you could completely block that though by not doing the naked bet with her when you went swimming before you left.... at least that's how I remember it; that was a condition for further Randy shenanigans.
i know.

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017

We talked about it and my understanding as the coder was, that I implement both the "skip scene" choice and an option to block certain option that would lead to NTR/sharing/kinkX. That selection will be introduced in the tutorial and can be changed in the in-game settings (the settings for the playthrough, not the global settings).

As I'm writing, this message pops up :)
Elf-girl :D Aelrue

Back to the NTR stuff: Yes, if those A/B paths are available, the "block NTR" option, would remove B-Path choices from popping up.

It is important to understand, and this wasn't really clearly shown in Runaway Princess, that this is a harem game, but there is no canon path that would lead to an "all LI in the harem" ending. There will be solo endings, touple and throuple and perhapse some more, but the end scenarios I know of never are all-inclusive.

One might call it "cards played right/wrong" but Elly might not be a lover or wife at the end. Same might be true for Kelly or Aelrue. There are some revelations that will come up that will make certain combinations of LI almost impossible, but more about that would probably spoil the story.

There's a balance one has to strike between how much the player pushes their LI into perversion/corruption and how loving they are. On my first play, corrupting the girls was pretty easy... But that might not be the best idea. If you leave someone behind you want to have for yourself, you might not want to have them running around like a pervert all day (e.g. have them not corrupted too much). That's an invitation for a disaster (depending on if you want some NTR/sharing or not).

We have a dev call next weekend and I will clarify this then and update here if my statement was incorrect.

Edit 1:
On that note of leaving behind: You will pretty much be able to bring with you all girls you can invite to the party in Runaway Princess. They won't necessarily be available for combat or other minigames, but see it as a little convoy of girls with a fighting group to protect them on the trip. This will prevent the player from having to replay the games half a dozen times to get all interactions between not just the girls and MC but also between the girls. There are other reasons for it, like having the girls story arc and finals make sense, but I think for the player it is nice to have all content of an update available without having to resort to savegame catalogueing for multiple routes and party setups.

Last edited:

swbfvd

Aug 16, 2016
We talked about it and my understanding as the coder was, that I implement both the "skip scene" choice and an option to block certain option that would lead to NTR/sharing/kinkX. That selection will be introduced in the tutorial and can be changed in the in-game settings (the settings for the playthrough, not the global settings).

As I'm writing, this message pops up :)

Elf-girl :D Aelrue

Back to the NTR stuff: Yes, if those A/B paths are available, the "block NTR" option, would remove B-Path choices from popping up.

It is important to understand, and this wasn't really clearly shown in Runaway Princess, that this is a harem game, but there is no canon path that would lead to an "all LI in the harem" ending. There will be solo endings, touple and throuple and perhapse some more, but the end scenarios I know of never are all-inclusive.

One might call it "cards played right/wrong" but Elly might not be a lover or wife at the end. Same might be true for Kelly or Aelrue. There are some revelations that will come up that will make certain combinations of LI almost impossible, but more about that would probably spoil the story.

There's a balance one has to strike between how much the player pushes their LI into perversion/corruption and how loving they are. On my first play, corrupting the girls was pretty easy... But that might not be the best idea. If you leave someone behind you want to have for yourself, you might not want to have them running around like a pervert all day (e.g. have them not corrupted too much). That's an invitation for a disaster (depending on if you want some NTR/sharing or not).

We have a dev call next weekend and I will clarify this then and update here if my statement was incorrect.

Edit 1:
On that note of leaving behind: You will pretty much be able to bring with you all girls you can invite to the party in Runaway Princess. They won't necessarily be available for combat or other minigames, but see it as a little convoy of girls with a fighting group to protect them on the trip. This will prevent the player from having to replay the games half a dozen times to get all interactions between not just the girls and MC but also between the girls. There are other reasons for it, like having the girls story arc and finals make sense, but I think for the player it is nice to have all content of an update available without having to resort to savegame catalogueing for multiple routes and party setups.
Sooooo excited and looking forward to all of this!

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 35 Votes