Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Hi Valamyr, your report is very welcome and helpful, and I am sure, Mobum will consider these things for (one of) the next versions. His time is limited, but he is much interested in feedback and suggestions - and reports like this.

Good when you had fun. :)

Reactions: Valamyr

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
I reloaded the save I made before I hit the town (I always keep backup saves) and tried playing again, specifically to monitor Aelrue's timer for days left before leaving the town. On my first attempt to do so I ate a few times in the kitchen (and spied on Valentina) and after announcing we had two weeks, the actual timer was 5 days when I immediately asked again. Then I restarted the segment again and this time it says 14 days.

This is definitely not working right. I might have the time to replay the whole thing, keeping multiple saves and checking in with her every day to see if it works any better the second time around. If I notice a buggy pattern I'll update with details, but it seems like something can make the timer drop from 14 to 5 somehow.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Mobum, I love to look at Elly during meals (her eyes are phantastic, and the 2 things below even more).
You did so well. (click for enlargement).
1627583515689.png

But after some days, we see only the following:
1627583632344.png
I wish we always could see the first kind of pics - without MCs beautiful back - but more of Ellies beauty.
No need for story and text all the time, just a beautiful view :) (like in the last part of my signature!)

Last edited:

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
When do I start the journey? I'm on day 25.
Had troubles leaving the village myself. No matter the amount of days passed, it seemed to me you need to complete training with both the warrior and the thief for one. Then of course you have to find the elf at the pond. You've got to ask for a 3rd person to come along per the quest (I recommand the warrior). Then you must complete the initial romances in the village, which includes all the lake trips with Kelly and probably seducing the older girl. Only after all that was done did the Elf say it was time for the journey. Her initial dialogue suggesting you'll leave in a couple days is misleading if you dont fulfill the other triggers; I was delayed a lot because I didn't know I had to complete some lake scenes first. At least I got rich and skilled up while figuring it out ;)

If you do all that, it should trigger just fine. Ideally if there was a quest log clearly showing what you still need to do, it would definitely be a smoother experience.

Reactions: Feedme 12

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
Okay final update on the 14 days timer issue in the town. It appears to be completely random to me. I replayed from the start [of the town segment], this time talking to the Elf twice a day to check remaining days, and reloading whenever the issue occured... which was a fair amount. Definitely common enough to be frustrating. It seems if the issue occurs it substracts initially 9 days from the timer, and later in, 6 days for some reason - and there was no reproducible pattern. Reloading and doing the exact same thing sometimes triggered it, sometimes not.

With multiple reloads and careful monitoring I've proven it's possible to avoid it altogether - but that's definitely bug #1 in the game right now in my opinion. I used no cheats and didn't change the game in any way, so definitely a vanilla issue to look into.

Replaying the full two weeks let me see a few extra scenes at least! Thanks for the fun game and keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Reactions: vendarr

Mobum

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
There is also the special label "after_load" which allows you a chance to correct things when a save is loaded.
Thanks for letting me know about this! But it looks like "after_load" is called whenever I load a savefile, so if the variables declared at "after_load" go back to its default status, whenever I save and load it again. Pls let me know if I'm doing it wrong!

I reloaded the save I made before I hit the town (I always keep backup saves) and tried playing again, specifically to monitor Aelrue's timer for days left before leaving the town. On my first attempt to do so I ate a few times in the kitchen (and spied on Valentina) and after announcing we had two weeks, the actual timer was 5 days when I immediately asked again. Then I restarted the segment again and this time it says 14 days.

This is definitely not working right. I might have the time to replay the whole thing, keeping multiple saves and checking in with her every day to see if it works any better the second time around. If I notice a buggy pattern I'll update with details, but it seems like something can make the timer drop from 14 to 5 somehow.
I checked the script, and found out a same variable was used twice, so it makes the time shortened. I've fixed that, so you'll not experience this in the 0.3 FINAL version. (In the mean time, variable soo5 means the total days you're gonna stay in Dewsberry so you may open console and make it 30 days or so- And don't open the bio screen!)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jadih96207

Mobum

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Mobum, I love to look at Elly during meals (her eyes are phantastic, and the 2 things below even more).
You did so well. (click for enlargement).
View attachment 1324924

But after some days, we see only the following:
View attachment 1324927
I wish we always could see the first kind of pics - without MCs beautiful back - but more of Ellies beauty.
No need for story and text all the time, just a beautiful view :) (like in the last part of my signature!)
I'll add even more meal chat whenever I come up with a good idea (and have extra time), so don't worry, mate!
(And if you don't like MC's beautiful back, I'll show MC's beautiful ass next time! :sneaky:)

Evoland

Jul 4, 2021
(In the mean time, variable soo5 means the total days you're gonna stay in Dewsberry so you may open console and make it 30 days or so- And don't open the bio screen!)

Sorry me for stupid question:) How I can open console and make it to 30 days? Could you describe?

Feedme 12

Jul 20, 2019
Had troubles leaving the village myself. No matter the amount of days passed, it seemed to me you need to complete training with both the warrior and the thief for one. Then of course you have to find the elf at the pond. You've got to ask for a 3rd person to come along per the quest (I recommand the warrior). Then you must complete the initial romances in the village, which includes all the lake trips with Kelly and probably seducing the older girl. Only after all that was done did the Elf say it was time for the journey. Her initial dialogue suggesting you'll leave in a couple days is misleading if you dont fulfill the other triggers; I was delayed a lot because I didn't know I had to complete some lake scenes first. At least I got rich and skilled up while figuring it out ;)

If you do all that, it should trigger just fine. Ideally if there was a quest log clearly showing what you still need to do, it would definitely be a smoother experience.
Thanks

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
I'll add even more meal chat whenever I come up with a good idea (and have extra time), so don't worry, mate!
(And if you don't like MC's beautiful back, I'll show MC's beautiful ass next time! :sneaky:)
His beautiful ass - HEHE tempting

but tbh, Ellies eyes and assets as closeups are unsurpassable.

Not much text necessary, "hey beloved Brother, how was your day" will do. Picture is the thing what makes the scene enjoyable...

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
Why not open the bio screen?
That might be what triggers the whole timer issue, I guess! If you have to use it, reload afterwards. I won't be playing through a 3rd time to test it, but it's good to know it's been fixed for the next update!

makdog

Sep 25, 2017
There is a serious issue after the travel started
I have triggered second lake trip with kelly and a event with genni, then i started travelling in second day.
And the lake trip event started, i was sent to the lake while i am travelling, and after the event, i am stuck at the lake scene until the Genni event started.
After the event, i was sent back to the village and unable to travel.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Levian, very nice and useful work thanks.
Most of that may help a lot as some guideline ...
Some things are up to subjective judgement - So still worth for everyone to try things on his own.

Your recommendation about Voyeurism - I am not sure. Mobum said - afair - that it has only disadvantages.
Coz MC has no other choice than watching (driven by his strong curiousity - taking away the freedom of coice)...
But - in my exp. there is not more to be seen than without curiosity.

Change day in console - according to the dev - is not recommended (may break things).

Better use soo5 = xx

with xx means the day of the departure from the first village.
Hopefully the final version will make console obsolete, while adding more flexibility ...

Levian

Mar 9, 2018
Levian, very nice and useful work thanks.
Most of that may help a lot as some guideline ...
Some things are up to subjective judgement - So still worth for everyone to try things on his own.

Your recommendation about Voyeurism - I am not sure. Mobum said - afair - that it has only disadvantages.
Coz MC has no other choice than watching (driven by his strong curiousity - taking away the freedom of coice)...
But - in my exp. there is not more to be seen than without curiosity.

Change day in console - according to the dev - is not recommended (may break things).

Better use soo5 = xx

with xx means the day of the departure from the first village.
Hopefully the final version will make console obsolete, while adding more flexibility ...
Regarding the vouyerism, for example, I remember as if 0.2 there were extra scenes in Valentinas dressing scene if you had voyerism. I don’t know if it’s changed in 0.3. Also, I remember seen Perk: Voyerism appear at some spying scenes in 0.3 that I assume giving some advantage to the situation, but cannot know for sure as I've only played 0.3 once. But, that’s what I’ve preferred.

Thanks for the soo5 tip. In Dewsberry I ran out of time as there were so much to do. If you have any better solution than setting hour=7 to avoid the departure (that happens at 6 am), I appreciate it.

jadih96207

Apr 30, 2021
Thanks for letting me know about this! But it looks like "after_load" is called whenever I load a savefile, so if the variables declared at "after_load" go back to its default status, whenever I save and load it again. Pls let me know if I'm doing it wrong!
A test snippet of the code you're questioning would be nice otherwise I really don't know if it's right or wrong :HideThePain:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Mobum
4.30 star(s) 35 Votes