ai...

May 30, 2019
I don't know if I have to complete certain quests, but I've been going through days and the elf always says we have plenty of time left before we leave. Also I had an issue when I went swimming with ellie I clicked avoid ntr but it still showed the same ntr scene. After I skipped it I rolled back and it's the same scene for the avoid ntr as not avoiding it. So what's the point in asking me if I want to avoid ntr if I'm going to be shown it?

visagedirect

Feb 21, 2020
I kinda of liked this in early days, but the game play is now so overly complicated now (i hate using walk throughs) but as an experienced gamer, i can honest say with out walkthrough look @ characteristics 'Strength, Charisma, Intelligence, Dexterity, Constitution etc etc' add The Sleep , water eating etc Then the relationship values THEN add the fishing, hunting farming etc on top of all that... Potions, lotions 'Everything but the Kitchen sink' WTF ! for next update i think we add 'Brushing teeth, Washing pants, Cleaning floors, Grooming horses and feeding the poor HAHA lol And when game needs a walkthrough to play ITS BROKEN ! just my opinion

Last edited:

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Ahh thank you! I was somehow under the impression that the princess arrives before day 4.
In v0.2 she arrived at day 5. And left at day 12 (game over).
Now player has much more time (as dev was asked a lot).

I kinda of liked this in early days, but the game play is now so overly complicated now (i hate using walk throughs) ...
WTF ! for next update i think we add 'Brushing teeth, ... HAHA lol And when game needs a walkthrough to play ITS BROKEN ! just my opinion
Imo it was not overly complicated in v0.2, and it is not in v0.3 either.
... And the game does NOT need a WT, definitely. !

The ppl who created the WT were just enthusiastic with the deepness of the game and wanted to understand the game-mechanics to the ground.
Playing without WT is just fine, everything works.

The fact that there is a WT does not mean that it is necessary to use it at all.

Characteristics - All what to say about that:
Avoid curious ("I had to ask what was the cause of grandpa's death, I was so curious!")
Avoid blunt ("I went to the village and talk to people about the situation we're facing..")
Prefer smooth talker ("Politely decline" grandma's food)
Prefer innocent face ("Like a child?" When Elly thinks, MC looks like ... )

This makes it easier, but any variables (answeres) work ofc. (and without WT)

Btw. "Cleaning floors" is already in the game (Valentina).
"Brushing teeth" LOL thanks, good idea. MC is increasing his chances with Kelly, coz she refused this slimy Randy and advised him to brush his teeth. ;)

Last edited:

Kytolo Braven

Jul 3, 2017
I haven't spent this much time on one of these games and enjoyed it in so very long. Every event seemed to have a purpose and the characters are pretty well fleshed out. I enjoyed learning the daily habits of each character in each part of the game. Thank you MobumGames, I'll definitely be supporting your patreon soon.

For those saying it doesn't need a walkthrough... I disagree. It's pretty easy to figure out most of the events if you have any sense of exploration... but some of the checks in the events you would need to know ahead of time or you will fail them, as well as there are many scenes to be missed due to the limited number of days in each location and conflicting time slots. Even then, I don't think everything is achievable in one play through.

I also had a recurring issue in the second town where I would go from somewhere like 7 days left to "tomorrow". I don't know the exact cause and I can't isolate it because I wasn't checking with the princess each day.

Valentina's last housemaid scene also wouldn't trigger, but I think it might have been something I was missing. I went into the save and forced it to happen later, but then it was giving me a syntax error in the charisma check code. Something like it needed 3 arguments and it only found 2.

ai...

May 30, 2019
How do you learn where Wendy lives? I've tried talking to her at the park, when she's sweeping in front of the tavern, and just drinking at the tavern. Hoping that it will raise either her affection, corruption, or love. But all I've saw at the tavern were a couple scenes of her being harassed by customers and getting yelled at by the owner.

Jan 7, 2021
I get a crash in tavern when I offer Wendy my house, is there a fix for this,
Probably
A crash report, save close to it for testing, the condition that causes the crash, and any other useful information would be nice such as version running, any modifications, etc :geek:

Pretty much a help me, help you kind of thing

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
you need to enable console and how to do it i leave to yourselfs.
I personally have best experience with "dirtycheater.rpy". Never had to enable console with that. Copy into /renpy/common

A hint: I am not sure, but have a suspicion.
After dl and playing last version, I still had old stuff in it (typos and wrong texts).
May be some old code was still in the cache.

Any expert know more about it?
May be clearing the cache helps ?

Last edited:
Reactions: BGRW2020

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Probably
A crash report, save close to it for testing, the condition that causes the crash, and any other useful information would be nice such as version running, any modifications, etc :geek:

Pretty much a help me, help you kind of thing
I am not running any mods to this game, the version is the latest posted, and
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/dewsberry.rpy", line 871, in script call
call W_chat1 from _call_W_chat1_1
File "game/DB_CHAT.rpy", line 1759, in script
if Wendy.love_chk(20, True) or Wendy.intimacy_chk(40, True):
File "game/DB_CHAT.rpy", line 1759, in <module>
File "game/script.rpy", line 3405, in love_chk
renpy.notify ("% REQUIRES %s MORE LOVE POINTS!" (self.name.upper(), tempA))
TypeError: 'unicode' object is not callable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/dewsberry.rpy", line 871, in script call
call W_chat1 from _call_W_chat1_1
File "game/DB_CHAT.rpy", line 1759, in script
File "I:\04 Games For Testing\RunawayPrincess-0.3-pc\RunawayPrincess-0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "I:\04 Games For Testing\RunawayPrincess-0.3-pc\RunawayPrincess-0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "I:\04 Games For Testing\RunawayPrincess-0.3-pc\RunawayPrincess-0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/DB_CHAT.rpy", line 1759, in <module>
TypeError: 'unicode' object is not callable

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Runaway Princess 0.3
Thu Jul 29 11:17:07 2021

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
you need to enable console and how to do it i leave to yourselfs.
I made a file called zzzz.rpy and added the following lines to it (found this on renpy site)
init 999 python:
config.console = True
config.developer = True
Then place the filr into the game folder

Reactions: Rolo

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
How do you learn where Wendy lives? I've tried talking to her at the park, when she's sweeping in front of the tavern, and just drinking at the tavern. Hoping that it will raise either her affection, corruption, or love. But all I've saw at the tavern were a couple scenes of her being harassed by customers and getting yelled at by the owner.
Keep going to the tavern until you overhear some customers talk about spying on her changing. Spy on her until you see her being attacked and then rescue her.

Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
...For those saying it doesn't need a walkthrough... I disagree. It's pretty easy to figure out most of the events if you have any sense of exploration... but some of the checks in the events you would need to know ahead of time or you will fail them, as well as there are many scenes to be missed due to the limited number of days in each location and conflicting time slots. Even then, I don't think everything is achievable in one play through. ...
I would say, in v0.2 (with 10 days for the first part - nameless village), it was heavy without WT, and imo impossible to get everything in one PT.

Dev listened to our prayers and prolonged the time up to 30 days max.
This means everything can be done, if not in the first PT, then in the 2nd at least ...

I am not against a WT.
It is just that I do not agree with the opinion that the game (v0.3) is broken coz it cannot be played without WT (more difficult and timeconsuming, sometimes frustrationg may be, but possible).
It is not broken (just having some bugs to be ironed out - I am confident in dev ...)

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021
I am not running any mods to this game, the version is the latest posted, and
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Code:
Well there are 2 typos in that line.
Code:
renpy.notify ("%s REQUIRES %s MORE LOVE POINTS!" % (self.name.upper(), tempA))
If you haven't got the "i" to "mc" fix then it might be a good idea to get that too and apply it before this fix.
https://f95zone.to/threads/runaway-princess-v0-3-beta-mobumgames.68151/post-6263316

However I'll include a version that doesn't use that fix as well.

Reactions: BGRW2020

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
I had fun with this game, now complete. The town segment was rather buggy in many small ways and one big one.

The big bug was the timer, at first it says you have two weeks worth of time but I ended up with much less (about half that), I think perhaps the button to skip an hour or the bench in the park can skip a day and an hour as far as the elf's countdown is concerned? Would have to replay and talk to her everyday to be sure. On the day after she said we were leaving tomorrow I got a bonus day somehow, but didnt find any way to reproduce that to keep going.

Other small things were Valentina's schedule (she can be both cleaning your room and serving tables simultaneously, she says shell clean at 10am but does it at 4pm), small things like that. Kelley's dialogues when you summon her at the inn allow you to reset the tailor quest which probably broke it by starting over again - also after insisting she comes to the mixed baths she agreed but never showed up there at 5pm, like if I hadn't pushed her. Joan sometimes said I already worked that day when I hadnt. The elf was often missing magic-related lines during dialogue which made it hard given my time issue to progress that at all (I only managed to learn Heal and on the last day). Having the house cleaned by Valentina for 300g didn't work; it looked clean for her scene but it was cluttered/dirty again and I had to do the cleaning action 5-6 times to clean it 'for real' afterwarwds. Numerous typos too, including about the tavern's opening hours.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Still it was overall playable and though I'm sure I missed some stuff because I had less time than expected in the town, it was fun overall. Keep up the good work.

4.30 star(s) 35 Votes