BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Would be better if we could tell the physical time instead of the sun travel bar, also if we had a way to check actual level of love by number out of say 50 so we really know who is infatuated with who

• Thinking Face
Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Seems cute, like the characters, hope this does not ever include ntr, and stays where the MC can help all those girls as necessary
really like Elly - is there a path to marry her?
I believe there is sharing but I think it happens based on your choices. Elly is one of my favorites...if I had to choose one in the end, it would be her.

Reactions: lowcody and Rolo

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Is it possible to miss content? once the elf shows up...it feels like you are rushed to get things done before the journey. Or can you simply hold off on starting the journey until you're ready?

Jan 7, 2021
Would be better if we could tell the physical time instead of the sun travel bar, also if we had a way to check actual level of love by number out of say 50 so we really know who is infatuated with who
If you click on the sun dial it tells the current hour in AM/PM format on the upper left side. I did modify this slightly to also show the day.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It wouldn't take much to overlay that and tell the current day as well.

Since not everyone likes numbers on bars it might be good to add a toggle to the Options Menu but for this if someone doesn't want it they can simply not use it.

Oh, because these screens use the current waifu count it could break on updates or act up if new waifus are added.
## RunawayPrincess-0.3-pc
## Time Display & Biography Mod v2

Last edited:
Reactions: BGRW2020 and Rolo
Jan 7, 2021
I also started receiving similar bugs during the journal which then causes the same error each time I interact with anyone. The bug also unfortunately continues to the new town following the journey which causes me to click ignore each time an interaction occurs. To the best of my knowledge, I have never downloaded the alpha release and have only played the game available for download here. I deleted everything today and redownloaded the download from F95 again today just to test to see if I had somehow unwittingly downloaded the alpha version at some point, and after playing through again about midway through the journey I get the same bug that several other users are describing, which is unfortunate as this is an amazingly good game.
If possible can you upload your save, bug report, and a quick summary of how to trigger the bug in the save?

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
13 days in and the princess hasn't showed up anywhere in the game. Fresh save too. What's going on? check the pond and the bedroom all day, nothing

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020
im really enjoying the game so far but about 1/4 way through moving to the next town all of the MC's scenes give an error message where he either talks or thinks, is anyone else having this issue? is there a way to fix it?

Reactions: lowcody

Prince01

Jun 1, 2018
Can anyone help me out? I have a save that is bugged out because I skipped too much time and became "incapacitated" and now even when I saveeditonline to change my hp and hunger and thirst it keeps sending me back to my bedroom every action and bringing me to 5 hp where Elly tells me to rest but I cant.

Sorry if the variables are fucked I messed around a lot on saveeditonline to try and fix it and made my inventory a mess, apparently I "equipped" all my food
Your save is broken, he just keeps dying. and when yo try to rest or sleep is says he is fully rested and cannot sleep, but then dies of exhaustion, pretty crappy to load broken saves!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Can anyone help me out? I have a save that is bugged out because I skipped too much time and became "incapacitated" and now even when I saveeditonline to change my hp and hunger and thirst it keeps sending me back to my bedroom every action and bringing me to 5 hp where Elly tells me to rest but I cant.

Sorry if the variables are fucked I messed around a lot on saveeditonline to try and fix it and made my inventory a mess, apparently I "equipped" all my food
restarting is easiest.

How do I trigger the journey? I was supposed to find a couple of companions to party(which apparently I did), but the elf never tells me when to begin the journey. An ingame questlog would be nice to know what needs to be done in order to go on with the story, otherwise it's like a masochistic version of the Groundhog Day.
sounds bug so wait 0.3full.

I Trust that when the mc leaves on his journey - Elly will be ok alone @ home
i'm sure.

Is it possible to miss content? once the elf shows up...it feels like you are rushed to get things done before the journey. Or can you simply hold off on starting the journey until you're ready?
yes but that's why cheat to get more time was posted pages ago.

im really enjoying the game so far but about 1/4 way through moving to the next town all of the MC's scenes give an error message where he either talks or thinks, is anyone else having this issue? is there a way to fix it?
using old or new save? if old restart, if new then game bugged.

darkz001

Dec 20, 2020
after I started the journey It's alway bug every time when mc talk.
Exception: Sayer i is not a function or string.
Then after i arrived a new village the bug isn't dissappear. It's almost alway come when the mc talk.

Here's Example

Full traceback:
File "game/dewsberry.rpy", line 3998, in script
i fee1 "(SNORE... SNORE...)"
File "E:\New folder\x64\2\Runaway Princess\RunawayPrincess-0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 685, in execute
raise Exception("Sayer %s is not a function or string." % self.who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer i is not a function or string.

sorry for my bad ENG hope you understand
I've start new game on 0.3

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2018
"When are we leaving?"

"We still have time. Don't worry."

"When are we leaving?"

"When are we leaving?"

"When are we leaving?"

I have no idea how to make that elf girl finally leave. I talked to everyone. Everything repeats endlessly. I have a companion. I have no idea if I miss a quest because there is no log. It's a lovely game, really, but this is frustrating design.

Reactions: slapper32

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Coz many ppl ask for a WT, I will write about my findings (in addition to the useful text above).

As for point 5 (the worst advice imo), I do not recommend cheating. I personally like to review variables, but not to change them.

Prolog (Grandparents, young Elly)

Yes, as mentioned in point 1 above, choices are very important. See also my post #178.

My favorites are

- “ability to ear raw fish” for not starving so easily.
- “Eyes of tiger” (e.g. to get rid of this slimy cavalier)

Least popular for me is “curious”: Forces you to look into Elly's parcel, which cost you some relationship points with her. Not sure if there are advantages later.

Some stats are good only for the first part (life on the farm – Elly /Village), while other stats are (also) useful with fighting and later.

And some of the stats may not have any advantages, or have them later in the (future) game.

High fishing skill is quite tempting (fish is easily to sell for lots of money). But 30 seems to be enough, with 40 your strength and constitution will be too low.

Reading elvish books with young Elly seems to be useful in your relationship with the princess, but this also means less strength.

I guess one needs quite a few playthroughs to see all the consequences of the early decisions.

Part I
After the prolog, the farm life starts.

I found out that it is useful to start with proceeding the stories in the next village ASAP. After washing face at the pond and having first breakfast with Elly, go to the village meet the mature lady and start the quest with her - flirt with her.

Then you are right in time to meet the sword lady and make an appointment for training for the next morning.
In the afternoon, meet the thief girl and learn from her.

At 17:00 there is still one hour for hunting, fishing, farming. If you are tired, take a nap in your bed.

Better don’t miss the lunchtime with Elly at 18:00. Use possibilities to talk to her after lunch (or on other times of the day).

After dark, you can and should read books. I am not sure but I suspect that your success with reading is dependent on your mental fitness. Therefor I preferred to sleep early and get up at 2 or 3 a.m. for reading.

Later in the game, it makes sense to go to the village in the evening /night and continue your quests there.

After you finished the quest “collecting winter stock”, still collect food for the journey and for money at Kelly’s shop (like mentioned in text above: 3).

Take your time to do your preparations for the journey. Enter the princess room as late as possible, but not too late (see my other post #187).
This game really needs a walkthrough, too many variables and ways to not get what you need

Reactions: Kytolo Braven

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Please no time limits, these only distract from playing. Making choices the real asset here is desired, The MC should have all the choices to romance anyone he wants and only one he wants if he desires it.
So I hope if you want Elly, you are not forced to do anything else and will be able to protect her from asses like Randy
Not placing number of days restrictions an everything would also allow players to complete what they want
The MC stealing? Why should he if you are playing the good side stealing would be wrong
A really good walkthrough is needed to also point out things like paths desired ie: Elly, Kelly etc...

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
One hint:

When you want to clear the old memory of past playthroughs, just delete both "persistent" files (or rename)...

Reactions: lowcody
4.30 star(s) 35 Votes