Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
THANKS! I must be FAR past day 30! ...
That should not be possible. Did you ask Aelrue about departure at day 28 or day 29 ?
May be the actual coding is that you miss the departure at day 30, if you do not ask before, I am not sure.
Until final version there is still a lot to be fix.

EDIT: NOW I see you already told me! I have to use that CONSOLE stuff! Oh, man... can't get that working, though I found out on the net how to activate it. Is there really a hidden time limit???
In an earlier posting, I included an upload of "00dirtycheater.rpy". Others also helped with console. Final version will not need the console.

I would not recommend to change values or day with console, except you know the game mechanics inside and out, and know what you do. Otherwise there could be unforseen reactions, and missing scenes at best.

Time limit? Yes it is (or should be) 30 days. But I guess it will be flexible soon, coz most ppl think 30 is too much (while 12 was too short in v0.2)

Reactions: ray3dave

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Would it break the game if you keep changing the number of days to a value under 30, just to complete every quest and raise stats? Same in the other town.
YES, most possibly (see my posting above).

Also I remember there was a bug when Genni robbed Marika and you told Marika about it.
I went this path, but did not have a bug.

Last edited:

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
That should not be possible. Did you ask Aelrue about departure at day 28 or day 29 ?
May be the actual coding is that you miss the departure at day 30, if you do not ask before, I am not sure.
Until final version there is still a lot to be fix.

In an earlier posting, I included an upload of "00dirtycheater.rpy". Others also helped with console. Final version will not need the console.

I would not recommend to change values or day with console, except you know the game mechanics inside and out, and know what you do. Otherwise there could be unforseen reactions, and missing scenes at best.

Time limit? Yes it is (or should be) 30 days. But I guess it will be flexible soon, coz most ppl think 30 is too much (while 12 was too short in v0.2)
THANKS A LOT AGAIN!

Why the time limit? It is such a nice game and it has so much to discover. I really would prefer to play it without time limit. Why is this necessary? What for?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
THANKS A LOT AGAIN!

Why the time limit? It is such a nice game and it has so much to discover. I really would prefer to play it without time limit. Why is this necessary? What for?
so players don't spend years (gametime) in 1st town before starting travelling.

Reactions: Rolo

eike2000

May 9, 2017
at file encounter, everyline with "i lau" and "i smi" always make error. It said : "sayer i is not a funtion or string". I tried open console to check and with i is "<store.item .....> check another : example m, m return "<character : u'Marika'> (same as g is Genni, a is Aelure....)

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
..."sayer i is not a funtion or string". ...
This is an often mentioned (and tbh really annoying) flaw. Mobum told me that he is quite sure that it is fixed now. Will be ok in final v0.3 (hopefully).

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
This is an often mentioned (and tbh really annoying) flaw. Mobum told me that he is quite sure that it is fixed now. Will be ok in final v0.3 (hopefully).
I hope so. Currently, it's difficult to keep everyone from starving while traveling. Each "cook" or "gather edible plants" command is followed by an error. I may have to go back to a previous save and stock my inventory will pre-cooked food.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
I took like 17k gold with me, 35 health potions, lots of other potions ...
(no food btw. did not have probs with cooking...)

Edit: So many potions are not necessary. I bought them coz I did not know what to do with this abundance of money... (btw. 30 days are too much, will be more flexible).

Last edited:

Evoland

Jul 4, 2021
I have so much bugs in game when i downloaded saves after version 2021-07-25. What the differences between previous 0.3? Should I restart game again or i can use saves from the travelling to the second village (for example when i save Valeintina). Also, shift O doesn`t work. Approximately, when will the final version appear?)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I have so much bugs in game when i downloaded saves after version 2021-07-25. What the differences between previous 0.3? Should I restart game again or i can use saves from the travelling to the second village (for example when i save Valeintina). Also, shift O doesn`t work. Approximately, when will the final version appear?)
0.3 should be bug free version. it appears when ready.

GreatestDerp

Feb 22, 2018
I get this error.
And it occurs with every new image that comes up. Making this unplayable.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/dewsberry.rpy", line 2997, in script
    i nor "Hello, Matilda.."
Exception: Sayer i is not a function or string.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    i nor "Hello, Matilda.."
  File "C: Music\RunawayPrincess-0.3-pc\RunawayPrincess-0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 685, in execute
    raise Exception("Sayer %s is not a function or string." % self.who.encode("utf-8"))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Runaway Princess 0.3
Sun Aug 08 15:57:30 2021

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jadih96207

jadih96207

Apr 30, 2021
I get this error.
And it occurs with every new image that comes up. Making this unplayable.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    i nor "Hello, Matilda.."

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    i nor "Hello, Matilda.."
  File "C: Music\RunawayPrincess-0.3-pc\RunawayPrincess-0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 685, in execute
    raise Exception("Sayer %s is not a function or string." % self.who.encode("utf-8"))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Runaway Princess 0.3
Sun Aug 08 15:57:30 2021
https://f95zone.to/threads/runaway-princess-v0-3-beta-mobumgames.68151/post-6263316

4.30 star(s) 35 Votes