VN Ren'Py Abandoned Running Away [v0.8] [Mr. AJ]

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I checked some of the executables:

File hashes match exactly with the executables of other Ren'Py games, it means that these files can not contain anything else than they do in other Ren'Py games!

My upload speed stinks, can't check the whole zip file, but my ESET AV doesn't have any problems with any of the files in that zip and it looks to me like just another general Windows Defender fuck up (false positive)
In case anyone still has doubts and has a faster upload, can upload the whole zip file to virustotal to check, but I seriously doubt that it'll make any difference.

Windows Defender sucks ass if you are interested in playing indie dev games or using some other less known software that isn't digitally signed with a trusted signature by the dev, possibly even when it is.

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
it says virus detected when i downloaded it.
no viruses, please, just read a few posts here before going full "omg omg there are viruses viruses...omg....viruses are everywhere"...and shortly after you are taking jump to nice covid19 sea just to freshen up a bit after all that stress.

Reactions: MadCore and Grelk

grohotor

May 15, 2020
does this game actually look as bad as these screenshots suggest ? they look upscalled from 240p or some shit

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Jesus Christ. If you want to make a game using daz renders at least learn to use the program first and look up some tutorials. Those renders look so grainy I though my monitor was broken. Also what the hell is up with people using that model for their MCs along with that stupid mop hair this is probably the third game I have seen with that hairstyle and model.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
yup, the dev should improve in rendering for sure, and if he sticks to this game he probably will do so.
as someone who usually plays compressed games (lower quality etc), for me it is not that big deal anyway, though on 4k monitors it has to look pretty bad.
I don't have a 4k monitor and it looks absolutely awful. I don't understand why someone expects people to support them on patreon with their hard earned money and then they shit out the most basic half arsed renders possible without at least watching a few DAZ tutorials first.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I don't have a 4k monitor and it looks absolutely awful. I don't understand why someone expects people to support them on patreon with their hard earned money and then they shit out the most basic half arsed renders possible without at least watching a few DAZ tutorials first.
while i agree with you regarding fairly low renders quality, for me more important things are characters and story.
if i have to choose i would always go for shitty grainy renders and good story/characters than vice versa, yet that just me.
at the end, lets hope he will improve his rendering skills enough to those could be called "1080p" in the near future.
at least he was sincere enough labeling it as "0.00" so he probably is well aware of its flaws, and he works on improving (fingers crossed).

Mr. AJ

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2021
I didn't know my game was here but thanks for upload it. Thanks for play my game, I know is has a lot of flaws but I'll try to improve. If you got any comment about the game, please let me know, you can contact on my discord. Again, Thanks for play!

Mr. AJ

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2021
I'm not sure what sort of feedback you expect right now, because there isn't much to be give on. They talked about doing something, but we don't find out what, or the setup in general, the only thing I can comment on is the renders being grainy as fuck, so those need denoising.
I figuring everything, how everything works, I'll try to fix on the next update, thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Boldano
3.40 star(s) 7 Votes