Others RyonaRpg [v4900] [Rsaga]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Can someone tell which of the characters are worth playing in term of content and variety of pictures? The game is quite complex and I don't want to waste my time with half-baked characters
Nakoruru, Liesz, Presea, and Yuffie are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. Nakoruru is probably the single most content-complete one on the whole roster.

SimplestName

Jul 29, 2019
Is outfit switching a big thing in this game? I noticed there are some outfits which change character sprite/portrait, but most seem to not? (Tried Nakoruru and Liesz/Riesz, Riesz did not seem to have as many portrait updates as Nakoruru)

Also wondering if there is any difference from the version here and the ones I often see linked to in 4chan threads like on /dgg/?

Alomoes

Aug 14, 2018
Is rescuing bugged? I am having trouble with it. Slave market worked, but some characters are stuck lost as well. I found and rescued them several times. Kind of meh.

anon1010

Jul 8, 2019
Well, that is the hypno school so that is a solid maybe.
I Mean I get that issue so commonly, whether dialogue will be legible or gibberish is about 60% gibberish, 40% legible so i feel like I did something wrong with the installation or maybe there are issues with the Japanese locale?

Also a side question, When I progress in the hypno school I can never do the lilim transformation, when I get to the lab it always crashing at the transformation and shows a message saying something like "invalid character" in Japanese, what characters can be transformed because I've tried it with a few like young rydia and Nakoruru but they are apparently invalid characters?

pchmsl

Mar 18, 2018
When I progress in the hypno school I can never do the lilim transformation, when I get to the lab it always crashing at the transformation and shows a message saying something like "invalid character" in Japanese
That's a bug in translated version, to circumvent it copy save to japanese version, do transformation there, save and copy back to translated version.
about 60% gibberish
There should not be so much gibberish. You can post save so i can check in my game.

anon1010

Jul 8, 2019
That's a bug in translated version, to circumvent it copy save to japanese version, do transformation there, save and copy back to translated version.

There should not be so much gibberish. You can post save so i can check in my game.
ah ok, thanks for letting me know abt the transformation issue, it says I cant upload save here because of the file type?

If it helps, for me the hypno school is FULL of gibberish and there's just SO MUCH dialogue that is just gibberish, the entire special menu is in completely in Japanese so I'm not sure if that's normal.

What I did to install the game was just I just downloaded it and ran the RPG_RT exe. with Japanese locale (admin) so it feels like I missed something, I think I had the RTP from another RPG game I played so I didn't do anything on that part so maybe that's causing issues? kind of afraid to delete everything and restart installation because its annoying to reinstall from what I remember.

Its pretty frustrating because dialogue matters a lot in this game since there aren't really animations but there's just so much in gibberish, for example for some reason the game has issues with comma's, question marks, exclamation points, stuff like that even when the dialogue is in English.

Any sort of advice is appreciated.

pchmsl

Mar 18, 2018
If it helps, for me the hypno school is FULL of gibberish and there's just SO MUCH dialogue that is just gibberish, the entire special menu is in completely in Japanese so I'm not sure if that's normal.
Special menu is not translated, because it's made in some special way.
Other text should be either in english or japanese, without gibberish.
What version are you using?
I just uploaded latest version 4768, try it.

This is how 3rd floor hypno class looks to me (it's not translated):
2021-05-29_113028.png

And this is 1st floor night hypno event (translated):
2021-05-29_114624.png

Reactions: redscizor

anon1010

Jul 8, 2019
Special menu is not translated, because it's made in some special way.
Other text should be either in english or japanese, without gibberish.
What version are you using?
I just uploaded latest version 4768, try it.
Mega

This is how 3rd floor hypno class looks to me (it's not translated):
View attachment 1218959

And this is 1st floor night hypno event (translated):
View attachment 1218960
Ok thanks, yeah for some reason mine didn't work but the folder you uploaded works fine and there isn't so much gibberish.

Just to clarify, is there anything special I need to do with the patch folder? I just ran the game in the already translated folder and that seems to work fine but again, just asking for clarification.

pchmsl

Mar 18, 2018
Just to clarify, is there anything special I need to do with the patch folder?
No, patch is uploaded in case someone want to patch game themselves, or maybe improve the patch.
Translated game folder is enough to play.
Original game is included for those rare bug cases like lilim transformation.
Keep in mind that new version probably has less translated stuff compared to old, because some old lines could have changed, so patching won't translate them anymore.

hyperk2

Jul 26, 2019
Man, it's pretty wild, I remember doing a lot of translation work for this game probably at least 13-14 years ago. It's pretty cool that not only are the devs still working on it, but it seems there's at least a small English speaking following still going to. After the SVN shutdown, I was worried the translation would have died out, but it looks like it's persevered. It's fun going back and reading all the lines I did way back when. I might chip away at this again for old times sake; this was the first game I'd tried to do translating for.

Sarptos

Feb 24, 2018
Man, it's pretty wild, I remember doing a lot of translation work for this game probably at least 13-14 years ago. It's pretty cool that not only are the devs still working on it, but it seems there's at least a small English speaking following still going to. After the SVN shutdown, I was worried the translation would have died out, but it looks like it's persevered. It's fun going back and reading all the lines I did way back when. I might chip away at this again for old times sake; this was the first game I'd tried to do translating for.
wow man, thanks for your work,if it were not for you,most of the people here would never have payed this game, and ,this game, it would be even more unknown,
what tools your use for tranlate it? you translate and/or modify some of the .txt what does the game bring?,or you use or create another special tool?

hyperk2

Jul 26, 2019
wow man, thanks for your work,if it were not for you,most of the people here would never have payed this game, and ,this game, it would be even more unknown,
what tools your use for tranlate it? you translate and/or modify some of the .txt what does the game bring?,or you use or create another special tool?
Depending on the game I might need to use different things, but for this game I primarily use RPGMaker Trans. You'll see that there is a seperate 'patch' folder that's been provided, and that basically has a bunch of text files that are the lines pulled from the game. RPGMaker trans runs those files back through into the game with any changes that you've made. The RPGMaker Trans tool was originally developed because of the project (or at least in tandem with it), and it now has pretty far reaching uses for many games. I also use RPG Maker itself (in this case 2000) primarily in order to pinpoint specific text more easily, and so that I can get the context of the scene better.

I also did some of the translations for some of the images, but I'm pretty bad at it and it's more of a separate skill. For that I used GIMP graphical editor.

Reactions: Sarptos

redscizor

Oct 21, 2018
Hi, thanks by both, I love the game, I return each few years and allways the Jp have new content, now Mtool(1) is supporting RPGMaker 2k and I am returning and play again, a great time to play again (there is blacksmith feature!!)

(1)

Reactions: pchmsl

pchmsl

Mar 18, 2018
Did you managed to use MTool on patched version?
It worked on original version, but can't load translation on patched version for me.
In the end I copied "language" folder that MTool created from original to patched version, and that seems to work.
MTool itself creates a lot of line breaks in middle of words like this
1626279283573.png
So using it on patched version is better.

redscizor

Oct 21, 2018
So using it on patched version is better.
Yes, there were a lot of problems, but the dev fixed it with the last update
The best from both worlds, using your translation and the tool (there are few line breaks, but nothing terrible)
1626504698282.png
1626504709875.png
Edit: This week was released core150 with a hotfix, time to play again!!! (if everything isnt break)

Last edited:
Reactions: pchmsl

Sarptos

Feb 24, 2018
a new core version is out,I don't know what changes are coming, but after 8 months, I hope it's not just 2 new things
PD:What is that MTool? I have read about this and understand that it is an machine translation tool right?

redscizor

Oct 21, 2018
a new core version is out,I don't know what changes are coming, but after 8 months, I hope it's not just 2 new things
PD:What is that MTool? I have read about this and understand that it is an machine translation tool right?
Yep, It is a machine translation tool, the tool dont change nothing in the game code, not break variables
New?
  • There is a new character (Mage-> she do a AoE damage with staff similar at greatsword and recover MP same time)
1626574704141.png
  • New Rin from Idolm@ster, but wihtout arts
  • 1626574850515.png
  • Few new arts to old chars
  • Gunner and Nana have an alt art
  • There are blacksmith you can upgrade skimpy swimsuit and to be Op in the arena
  • You can change fast the weapon, there are now 2 skill related at weapon (menu hold X)
1626574985891.png
  • More Pyramid content?
Can somebody helpme with this?
  1. I love and hate baste games, but I hate that horny start at 40% bar, I can change at 70%?
  2. I never finished the game, allways my units are terrible finishing the game, suggestion? I am between Normal:Nakoruru and Rydia, New Student unit or Easy: Nana, Fairy, Presea, I am looking by a balance between usability and H Content,
  3. The best strategy to explore the content without you unit to be useless, what do you do?
  4. I want play with H development but without die
I like Nana, but she doesnt damage!! =/

Last edited:

anon1010

Jul 8, 2019
Ooh, looks like things are starting to develop nicely in this thread, might try out this translation tool but I'm starting with 0 knowledge so hopefully its not too hard to do or ill just have to wait for it to be uploaded on here.

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes