Stringy Bob

Apr 12, 2021
It definitely feels a little rushed at the end, which is a pity. Could have definitely done with more content with Lucy for one and in general more fleshing out of the story line.

Still, If I had to choose between a game with a rushed ending and one where the creator makes endless minor updates to milk a Patreon dry, I think id go for the first

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
It definitely feels a little rushed at the end, which is a pity. Could have definitely done with more content with Lucy for one and in general more fleshing out of the story line.

Still, If I had to choose between a game with a rushed ending and one where the creator makes endless minor updates to milk a Patreon dry, I think id go for the first
Thing is its not even an ending per say. He just made some epilogues based on some variables and call it a day. The art is wasted on games like this.

• Sad
Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

Billytherex

Jul 19, 2018
Guys if you want a 100% complete gallery follow this:

Go to game folder->renpy->common -> 00gallery.rpy

Open the file using notepad and search for "if not renpy.seen_image(i):" under that line you'll see "return False". Simply change False to True and you've unlocked the entire gallery. Make sure you type True not true, the capital T matters.

Works on TFOI and I decided to give it a go here aswell.
it dosent unlock all of them

SVDRed

Jul 13, 2019
Sucks to see a game with a nice premise getting the axe just because the dev couldn't be bothered to get it together. Having another game in development for 5+ years is a good example of how the dev can have poor management skills or even the lack of the required "drive" to actually deliver a complete product.

Having a steady money flow (like Patreon) makes some people lazy. Seen plenty of devs that abuse the patrons' patience by delivering subpar content (if any) for months. Patreon should impose a more rigid control with monthly e-mail questionnaires so the patrons can have a say if the dev is delivering what's promised, if the content have the expected quality, etc. Failing to meet a majority of satisfied consumers for a couple months should lead to an account suspension.

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
Sucks to see a game with a nice premise getting the axe just because the dev couldn't be bothered to get it together . Having another game in development for 5+ years is a good example of how the dev can have poor management skills or even the required drive to actually deliver a complete product.

Having a steady money flow (like Patreon) makes some people lazy. Seen plenty of devs that abuse the patrons' patience by delivering subpar content (if any) for months. Patreon should impose a more rigid control with monthly e-mail questionnaires so the patrons can have a say if the dev is delivering what's promised, if the content have the expected quality, etc. Failing to meet a majority of satisfied consumers for a couple months should lead to an account suspension.
That would be a good idea, but sadly, other patron-esque sites are becoming increasingly popular as an alternative and whether they would follow such a process as you suggest would be important. I doubt Patreon will risk it. If the devs and artists go to "greener pastures" Patreon would be a sinking ship.

Reactions: mrttao

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
That would be a good idea, but sadly, other patron-esque sites are becoming increasingly popular as an alternative and whether they would follow such a process as you suggest would be important. I doubt Patreon will risk it. If the devs and artists go to "greener pastures" Patreon would be a sinking ship.
Yeah, but the thing is, we've heard people say much the same about YouTube for years now, and yet we still have yet to see a really viable video hosting site pop up to replace it (the closest we've come is Twitch, but Twitch is kind of a different format and has its own host of problems). The same could be said for PayPal - it's been shit and has had major issues almost from the very moment it was created, yet it's still pretty much THE online payment service most people use (even if other, better alternatives do exist).

Once a site/service becomes large enough and mainstream enough, the mere inertia of its existence tends to make it the default option. After that point no matter how poorly they treat their audience or their content creators, viable competition isn't likely to arise and completely threaten their established dominance.

• Sad
Reactions: GaRbS

Br@ndy

Modder
Nov 28, 2020
Unofficial Android Port for :

S.H.E.L.T.E.R. - An Apocalyptic Tale [v1.0] + Gallery Unlocked + mastangas's Multi Mod

[Apk + Obb]

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

if you liked my work, support on Patreon.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.

Mar 19, 2021
if I delete my save from the save folder, or even delete my entire game folder and redownload the game the saves are still there from before, does anyone know where the saves are being copied to onto the computer?

lostboy79

Jul 19, 2017
if I delete my save from the save folder, or even delete my entire game folder and redownload the game the saves are still there from before, does anyone know where the saves are being copied to onto the computer?
Probably in the folder where Ren'Py stores saves, can't say 100% since I haven't personally bothered to look for it though. It will most likely be in your C:\Users\(your PC user name here)\AppData\Local
That is where things like your steam game saves are as well as a lot of other game saves and your personal app programs save user preferences/data. JUst an FYI if you go into the user folder and you don't see the AppData folder that is because your OS is hiding it at least mine does just go into the folder name bar at the top and manually add in "\AppData\" hit enter and there you go.

Mar 19, 2021
Probably in the folder where Ren'Py stores saves, can't say 100% since I haven't personally bothered to look for it though. It will most likely be in your C:\Users\(your PC user name here)\AppData\Local
That is where things like your steam game saves are as well as a lot of other game saves and your personal app programs save user preferences/data. JUst an FYI if you go into the user folder and you don't see the AppData folder that is because your OS is hiding it at least mine does just go into the folder name bar at the top and manually add in "\AppData\" hit enter and there you go.
Thanks for the help, looked in there but couldn't find any folder seemingly related to this game, might not be named after this game tho.

4.20 star(s) 146 Votes