LionHeart131

May 23, 2018
Can anyone help? I just have these two left to unlock. I know one is Romance and the other is MB but how do I get either? Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 3.57.34 PM.png

Heff_Wulf

Sep 30, 2017
No. ten hundredths and one tenth are the exact same thing. This is why I wrote in the bugfix decimal place to illustrate how it deviates from mathematical values. It isn't one tenth, it isn't ten hundredths, it's the tenth major update of the first (zeroth) edition, aka the alpha/beta release period. X.Y.Z, where X is major editions, so 1.0.0 is a "complete" game; Y is major update to the current edition, so it could be 0.3593.0, even; lastly, the bugfix numbers, where nothing major changes in the content or form of the product, but bugs have been squashed, like what happened with Perverteer's Sisterly Lust going from version 0.21 to version 0.21.1. "bugfix numbers" is also a little bit of a misnomer, because it can be for any minor update, really, but primarily it's used for bugfixing.

Each version step is an iteration within the former version step, so you could have 0.3593.985 if you really had that many major releases and that many bugfixes specifically released on version 0.3593, and version 0.3593 might be 1% of the total game, or it might be 99%; the version number holds no percentage equivalent for the total completion of any particular edition. To reference Sisterly Lust again, Version 0.21.1 is pretty close to the end of the game, with version 0.22 being the last of the day-to-day content, and after that the epilogue, and then a once-over to catch any other problems and do some bugfixes and then it goes to version 1.0.

Another way to look at it is that it's just a slightly formalized way of writing it out in shorthand; instead of having to write out "zeroth version, 10th major update" you can just write "0.10". And yes, if there aren't any bugfixes or other minor content releases for a particular version, then commonly the bugfix place gets dropped (until needed).

The whole problem is people use versioning differently including numbers, letters, date, symbol, terms. Some do just by what they think is right and change it as it is appropriate:

"Hardcoded" - 0.0.0.87 > 0.0.0.95 > 0.0.1 > 0.0.13
"A Spell For All" - 14.9.2.1 > 14.9.3 > 14.9.3.1

"S.H.E.L.T.E.R." - 0.09 > 0.10 (by 'Patreon' post)
"Quidget the Wonderwiener" - 0.2.0 > 0.2.4 > 0.2.56
"My Little Angel" - 0.7 > 0.9 > 1.0b > 1.0f
"The Last Sovereign" - 0.44.5 > 0.45.0 > 0.45.1

"
Renryuu: Ascension" - 19.08.24 > 19.09.20 (Using the date)

The whole thing is not uniform, people do not file the same way as each other, yes would make it easier but that is how it works.

It is how some people get confused when a Dev changes their filing/versioning system later, like 0.2.50 > 2.5.0 or remakes a game, but keeps the version, so you have 0.5 > 0.6 no progress (removing is not progress) has been made through the change a clean slate, but keeps it version where it is technically true that a remake would be 0.5 > 0.6 many don't do that as it does confuse people but there are some that do it like that.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
And this is why people should just name their updates random objects, fruits, animals etc...
also i just want to watch the chaos of people not understanding the naming schemes.
That is why I was planning to just do chapter numbers, simpler ...but that's funny. :p

• Angry
Reactions: Canto Forte

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018
The whole problem is people use versioning differently including numbers, letters, date, symbol, terms. Some do just by what they think is right and change it as it is appropriate:

"

The whole thing is not uniform, people do not file the same way as each other, yes would make it easier but that is how it works.

It is how some people get confused when a Dev changes their filing/versioning system later, like 0.2.50 > 2.5.0 or remakes a game, but keeps the version, so you have 0.5 > 0.6 no progress (removing is not progress) has been made through the change a clean slate, but keeps it version where it is technically true that a remake would be 0.5 > 0.6 many don't do that as it does confuse people but there are some that do it like that.
I've seen ones where, the first number is major change, second is minor and third is bug fixes and small stuff, enough bug fixes though and it can amount to a minor change...probably.

I do wish to see more of the Android though, hopefully in the next update, I'm really keen on her design (she's hot) and you know, the fact that she's an Android, do want, I want to see some of those upgrades for her, like the chest size and hopefully something to do with her butt, Android butts. :D

Reactions: Amariithynar

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017

"

...Except while the exact positioning of the versions is different from the version format in the case of Hardcoded and A Spell For All, and Renryuu Ascension obviously because it's not actually using a versioning system (just using decimals to separate the date of release in filename and carrying that over, and that gets placed in the version section here on F95), they all use the same basic system I described. Hardcoded and A Spell For All are just more granular in how they've written out their version numbers. My Little Angel is finished, so it's 1.0; "b, "c", "d", "e", and "f" are appended for bugfix releases to the complete edition, using the letter format as a secondary scale subordinate to the primary scale of the version number.

Devs changing filing/versioning systems can cause issue in the moment they change it, yes. Going from 0.09 to 0.10 is not changing versioning systems. Writing their 0.10 as 0.1 is incorrectly writing their version number as if it was an actual decimal.

If a game gets remade in a new system from scratch, that's a major update worth a version integer increase even if no player-facing content was added. If the game was being slowly converted over to another system as development continued in the original, and gets released as that new system once the conversion is finished, though, the dev might not see the work done to finalize the change of system as being a major update. As I already said, with extremely obvious hyperbolic numbers, version numbers aren't about how much player-facing content is in the release.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Man this game is developing at an incredible pace, art wise at least. Puts most other games to shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian

libertypics

Jan 23, 2019
Someone posted about a .10 walkthrough a few pages back, does one exist now that this is going multi route and it's just patreon only or was that post in error?

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
i've tried it on romance and on mb and it always gets tot he same point, mom always busy and sisters locked in their rooms and nothing moves forward

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
The patch doesn't work, and hasn't worked since the previous version. I quickly start up a new game and all I get is "friends".

BohrenNadja

Jun 20, 2018
The patch doesn't work, and hasn't worked since the previous version. I quickly start up a new game and all I get is "friends".
Can confirm it works. Make sure you put it inside the folder that is literally called "game". It is not supposed to go on the same folder as your game Exe. It should ask you to replace the already existing file. If it doesn't work try redownloading.

Reactions: Mondoblasto

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
Can confirm it works. Make sure you put it inside the folder that is literally called "game". It is not supposed to go on the same folder as your game Exe. It should ask you to replace the already existing file. If it doesn't work try redownloading.
Yeaaaaaaaahhh, I double-checked it and turns out I put the .RAR file into the games folder and never extracted it. It's likely I did the same thing for the last version too. /facepalm Thanks for getting me to check it. (y)

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes